Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying flights from UK for AUS-UK.

Buying flights from UK for AUS-UK.

Old Feb 13th 2004, 9:00 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Buying flights from UK for AUS-UK.

just in case anyone else is trying to do something similar...

We`ve been trying to buy the least expensive tickets for my wife`s parents (in Perth) to come and visit us in the UK in May (pity it`s not Feb as it`s so much cheaper then).

It`s so much cheaper to fly from the UK to Aus than Aus to the UK, so we`ve been trying to see if we can buy tickets here (in pounds and hopefully cheaper prices) than buying online in Aus.

So far no UK travel agents (on or offline) can do anything (they say).

Got an email back from Emirates....

"What you suggest is certainly possible. It is called a PTA (Prepaid Ticket Advice). You should contact a travel agent here in the UK (such as Emirates Tours 0207 590 1444), and tell them the dates you require. You would pay them, and they would then arrange for the tickets to be picked up by the passengers in Australia. "

Rang them and the price (return) is 730 pounds. 62 taxes.
= $1744 (without Aus taxes of @ $200).

Lowest fare I`ve seen atm is from www.bestflights.com.au for $1,693 (without taxes)... Royal Brunei (who are good btw).

atm it seems Aus flights to the UK aren`t as much as a ripoff as I thought.... at leadt for May.

no reply yet from Royal Brunei in the UK.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future

did you have any luck Stormz? Hope you got my PM.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future

Hi again, these people may be able to help you with your PTA tickets:

Telephone (0) 207 224 7766
Fax: (0) 207 224 7733
e-mail: [email protected]

Global Link Travel & Tours LTD
Capricorn House
1 Mandeville Place
London W1U 3AW
UK
Old Feb 19th 2004, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I have just done the same thing in reverse to bring my daughter out here for a holiday...we used Flight Centre...i booked it here in Adleaide and couriered the tickets to her in London
Old Feb 19th 2004, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

With travel being expensive from here in Oz, I wonder whether anyone has managed to purchase tickets from a UK travel agency for travel commencing here in Oz (ie Oz>UK>Oz)? Surely be cheaper, but I guess they'll charge you same as tickets bought in Oz...
Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

With travel being expensive from here in Oz, I wonder whether anyone has managed to purchase tickets from a UK travel agency for travel commencing here in Oz (ie Oz>UK>Oz)? Surely be cheaper, but I guess they'll charge you same as tickets bought in Oz...
------------------

I'm interested in an answer to this. Perhaps they could arrange one of these "pre paid ticket advices" to pick up from an ozzie airport.

When you do the sums it is definately cheaper to by the tickent in the uk