Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying electronic stuff and furniture

Buying electronic stuff and furniture

Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Question Buying electronic stuff and furniture

Hi folks,
Just wish to check out some websites to get the price of some electrical devices and furniture in OZ. Any idea?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 8:23 pm
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buying electronic stuff and furniture

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi folks,
Just wish to check out some websites to get the price of some electrical devices and furniture in OZ. Any idea?
trying to find the oz version of comet myself, but for furiture, ikea are in oz
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:23 pm
The Northener

burno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura aboutburno has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi folks,
Hi i have found 2 stores in my research
www.thegoodguys.com.au and
www.freedom.com.au/index.html

hope this helps
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:19 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.superamart.com.au for furniture.
Also a lot of stores like Big W and KMart do all the small electrical stuff that you'll need.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

just out of curiosity can you get the matching coloured toaster and kettles in oz? i have a dark blue set but its a bit shabby now

AS i know i wont be taking my current ones with me cos they are well old.
just thinking whether to buy while still in the UK or just get new out there
Mandy
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
just out of curiosity can you get the matching coloured toaster and kettles in oz? i have a dark blue set but its a bit shabby now

AS i know i wont be taking my current ones with me cos they are well old.
just thinking whether to buy while still in the UK or just get new out there
Mandy
Yes you can. When you get here check out The Good Guys have just about every electrical item for the home and we have found them to be very reasonably priced. Get your stuff over here if it needs replacing, all with warranties and correct plugs.

John
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:37 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Yes you can. When you get here check out The Good Guys have just about every electrical item for the home and we have found them to be very reasonably priced. Get your stuff over here if it needs replacing, all with warranties and correct plugs.

John
I'd agree with that!
I bought a hairdryer just before we came and it broke after a month or 2 - wasn't worth sending it all the way to UK and we had to change the plug!
Tracey
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:46 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

The big electrical chains are The Good Guys, Betta Electrical, Harvey Norman, Bing Lee and Domayne. The big furniture chains are Harvey Norman, Domayne, Freedom, Fantastic Furniture, Everyday Living, Forty Winks ... and a couple of others that escape my mind at this hour.