Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying Digerodoos

Buying Digerodoos

Old Nov 6th 2004, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Buying Digerodoos

I am backpacking around oz and am near finished with my travelling and have been pretty much everywhere i am in darwin right now and i am thinking of buying a Digerodoo where is the best place to buy them in oz with more selection and better prices, i thought darwin would be best but i read in a book that kathrine is better is this correct or would say somewhere like alice springs be better as i will be heading that way.

I know you can get them anywhere in oz but i thought the nt would be the best place in oz to get them at best price.

Can someone give me some advise.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Buying Digerodoos

Hi Brian,
We bought our didgeridoo in Darwin, cant remember the name of the shop, but they had a wide selection. We had it shipped back by the shop it arrived no problems. There was also a large range in Katherine if I remember rightly, can't remember which was the cheapest though. As for Alice springs, yes they also had them there, but I have a vague feeling that they may of all come from Darwin and Katherine anyway! I think your best bet is either Darwin or Katherine, im sure they are cheaper there as well!
happy shopping
Old Dec 1st 2004, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Re: taking home Digerodoo

anyone tell me where i can buy a digerodoo box in geelong or melbourne i say one in darwin post office for $4 and have not seen any since and it looks as if darwin was the only place for this, would be great if someone let me know.

I have another option to pack it in but its more expensive than a box.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 6:11 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by brian.w
I am backpacking around oz and am near finished with my travelling and have been pretty much everywhere i am in darwin right now and i am thinking of buying a Digerodoo where is the best place to buy them in oz with more selection and better prices, i thought darwin would be best but i read in a book that kathrine is better is this correct or would say somewhere like alice springs be better as i will be heading that way.

I know you can get them anywhere in oz but i thought the nt would be the best place in oz to get them at best price.

Can someone give me some advise.
The best price would be around $5 for a genuine Chinese plastic Digeridoo

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wombat42
The best price would be around $5 for a genuine Chinese plastic Digeridoo
i think you read my thread wrong i was looking where in melbourne i could buy a digerodoo box to put my in and protect it when i take it home in plane, i beleive its ok to do this if its put into the cargo.