Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying Cars in Oz

Buying Cars in Oz

Old Jan 7th 2006, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

kista will become famous soon enoughkista will become famous soon enough
Question Buying Cars in Oz

just wondering if anyone can give me a few prices for cars in oz, new or second hand. we especially like hondas, in particular the CR5 or whatever it's called.

can anyone help????

Old Jan 7th 2006, 4:34 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Buying Cars in Oz

Originally Posted by kista
just wondering if anyone can give me a few prices for cars in oz, new or second hand. we especially like hondas, in particular the CR5 or whatever it's called.

can anyone help????

www.carsales.com.au

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 7th 2006, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Buying Cars in Oz

hey buzzy

thanx for your reply

i have looked at the website and it has helped

now its just a case of finding the perfect car!!

thnx again

k
Old Jan 7th 2006, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good site also : www.glassguide.com.au
Old Jan 7th 2006, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

boy, the used cars really hold there price,
Old Jan 7th 2006, 11:14 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rangersman
boy, the used cars really hold there price,
They certainly do. This is one of the reasons why I went for a VW Golf. VW sell Golfs for $24k 3 years after they were $29k new.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Melchels is on a distinguished road

Hondas are expensive for parts over here apparently, we liked the Accord Euro but just couldn't afford one. Just remember to get the 'drive away' cost as stamp duty and tax does pile it on!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 4:42 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

www.redbook.com.au
You can look up cars for sale and they also have a price guide.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Buying Cars in Oz

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
www.redbook.com.au

We bought a Hyundai Santa Fe new...cost $34,250.00...included were tow bar, nudge bar, BBQ and Esky....last two being indispensable in OZ

BB
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:22 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
www.redbook.com.au
Redbook is an excellent site, as Shazza mentioned it has a price guide which means you can look up the price of any specific make & any year model & see the average price (& kms) for a private sale as well as as a trade-in on second had cars.

You can also compare different models against each other which means you can see at a glance which vehicles have which features & can check the RRP on new cars .

IMO probably the best car site around .
Old Jan 8th 2006, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

ok thanx i will have a look at all of these websites

k
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Can anyone tell me what Ssangyongs are like?

Wqe've seen one that we fancy.....a Musso......but we have heard that they're not very good cars

anyone out there who can give me an opinion??

Old Jan 8th 2006, 11:32 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kista
Can anyone tell me what Ssangyongs are like?

Wqe've seen one that we fancy.....a Musso......but we have heard that they're not very good cars
I`ve also heard they`re not too good (but this was a few years ago in the UK). They are made in Korea iirc.

If you`re after a 4WD there are loads to choose from. If you are after a Van/MPV there is the Toyota Tarago (Townace in the UK), which is good of course (most Toyota`s are). There`s an MPV (can`t remember which make) which is the best seller here (as they are alot cheaper), but I`ve heard alot of reliability problems (not the kind of thing you want in a hot country... especially with babies).

If you want an MPV AND a 4WD then I suggest getting what we got ... a Mitsubishi Delica. Imported from Japan, but all the parts are available here, as they are a Pajero (4wd) chassis and engine, and a Starwagon (MPV) body.... but with the looks beefed up a bit. You can get them from $14k with 3 years warranty.... www.delicaclub.com . You can see the site sponsors AutoWholesale at the top, where I got mine from. These are the best cars in the world if you have kids imho... and are full-on offroaders as well (we went along a deserted beach in it in DEEP sand).
Old Jan 8th 2006, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stormz
I`ve also heard they`re not too good (but this was a few years ago in the UK). They are made in Korea iirc.

If you`re after a 4WD there are loads to choose from. If you are after a Van/MPV there is the Toyota Tarago (Townace in the UK), which is good of course (most Toyota`s are). There`s an MPV (can`t remember which make) which is the best seller here (as they are alot cheaper), but I`ve heard alot of reliability problems (not the kind of thing you want in a hot country... especially with babies).

If you want an MPV AND a 4WD then I suggest getting what we got ... a Mitsubishi Delica. Imported from Japan, but all the parts are available here, as they are a Pajero (4wd) chassis and engine, and a Starwagon (MPV) body.... but with the looks beefed up a bit. You can get them from $14k with 3 years warranty.... www.delicaclub.com . You can see the site sponsors AutoWholesale at the top, where I got mine from. These are the best cars in the world if you have kids imho... and are full-on offroaders as well (we went along a deserted beach in it in DEEP sand).

Is the car/4wd you bought a 7-seater?
If not,of the ones you mentioned,are any of them 7-seaters?
Lynn
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thnx lyn i will have a look and see