Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying cars in Auckland

Buying cars in Auckland

Old Sep 25th 2003, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

DonnaS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying cars in Auckland

Has anyone any idea of the best place to buy cars in Auckland? Not at auctions or necessarily privately - I will be without hubby and therefore want to get a good one (3-4 years old) from a reputable dealer. Is there a "car dealer area"?

Also, can anyone recommend a good insurance company to go with (for cars obviously?).

thanks
Donna
Old Sep 25th 2003, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Donna

If you're after a used car, there are loads of car dealers along Great North Road (nr the city - gt north starts at the junction of K-Rd & Ponsonby roads).

Even more on the Great South Road at Greenlane (take greenlane exit on SH1). There are a fair few dealers at Wairau Park on the North Shore.

If you're after a new car, head to Newmarket where a large number of manufacturers eg Mercedes/Holden/Mitsubishi etc etc have their dealerships. If you've got money to burn, the Porsche dealership is on Great North Road

Russ
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

DonnaS is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info Russ

Sounds like I'll be spoilt for choice!