Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying a car...need to apy for it!

Buying a car...need to apy for it!

Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

wolly_bully is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Buying a car...need to apy for it!

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice so far as I have been reading threads but this is my first posted all on my own!

I'm moving to Victoria soon and have everything covered except for a car.
I have a company car at the mo but will not in my new job when I arrive in Oz. Without a car to sell I'm struggling to bring together the finances for the car I would like.

At the threat of being dubbed a numpty for potentially getting into debt, I wondered if anyone could advise me if / how I can obtain credit to fund the purchase of a vehicle on my arrival in Oz with my new empty credit rating.

Can anyone recommend a long term leasing place which may provide another option?

Many thanks,

Wolly Bully
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Buying a car...need to apy for it!

Originally Posted by wolly_bully
Hi All,

Thanks for the advice so far as I have been reading threads but this is my first posted all on my own!

I'm moving to Victoria soon and have everything covered except for a car.
I have a company car at the mo but will not in my new job when I arrive in Oz. Without a car to sell I'm struggling to bring together the finances for the car I would like.

At the threat of being dubbed a numpty for potentially getting into debt, I wondered if anyone could advise me if / how I can obtain credit to fund the purchase of a vehicle on my arrival in Oz with my new empty credit rating.

Can anyone recommend a long term leasing place which may provide another option?

Many thanks,

Wolly Bully
Not that its NSW but my OH arrived in Cairns a few weeks ago & had no problems (on a 457 as well) getting finance to buy a car, and although she had a job she hadn't actually started yet
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:35 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
Not that its NSW but my OH arrived in Cairns a few weeks ago & had no problems (on a 457 as well) getting finance to buy a car, and although she had a job she hadn't actually started yet
Is that what she told you ?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 12:22 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Hi we are on a 457 and we got finance but we have to pay a higher rate of interest and they would only allow us to have it over the term remaining on our visa which was 3 1/2 years. Hubby also had to prove job stability but other than that everything was straight forward.

Poshrice
Old Jul 30th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
Is that what she told you ?
but I'm gullable...I believe everything I'm told!

Looking forward to having a beer with you if this *%%** house sale finally progresses!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:42 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
Looking forward to having a beer with you if this *%%** house sale finally progresses!
Look forward to the house sale.....and that beer.