Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying a car before arriving in Oz

Buying a car before arriving in Oz

Old Nov 16th 2008, 11:06 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Buying a car before arriving in Oz

Hi all

A bit of feedback on a service I used, in case it's useful to others. I found out that there are quite a few car brokers who help people living in the more isolated parts of WA to buy cars from the Perth metro area. So I contacted some to ask if they ever dealt with immigrants. Some never replied, some said "er... eh?" and one went ahead and sorted me out a car. I was pretty happy with the price (I checked it against used listings online to be sure); I know they made some money out of me, but I reckon it's a bit less than I'd have paid for a hire car anyway.

They also helped sort out the finance paperwork, got the windows tinted, etc, and were pretty easy to deal with (which isn't something you often hear said about anyone involved in the used motor trade!). Oh, and because I couldn't complete the purchase until I had a WA driving license, they actually loaned me the car until then, delivering it to me at the airport.

If anyone is thinking about getting a car before arriving, I think they're definitely worth calling/emailing: www.autonetwork.com.au (in Perth).

Just to be clear: I get no kickbacks, commission, favours or free beer from mentioning them, but they did a decent job for me, so I reckon that's worth a post.

Cheers
b