Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying A Business

Buying A Business

Old May 18th 2006, 9:19 am
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute
Question Buying A Business

Does anyone know whether there are any restrictions once you get your Visa.... with regard to buying your own business in Australia?

If you are able to contribute towards the asking figure would the bank help with the rest? (if the business turnover is good)

I am just wondering why, more people don't work for themselves really?

Instead of going over to Australia and work for someone else!
Old May 18th 2006, 10:15 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying A Business

Originally Posted by utopia
Does anyone know whether there are any restrictions once you get your Visa.... with regard to buying your own business in Australia?
Not sure

If you are able to contribute towards the asking figure would the bank help with the rest? (if the business turnover is good)
Speak to the bank - turnover is not the only variable and they would expect you to carry the risk. Do the figures make sense? or are you funding their retirement?
I am just wondering why, more people don't work for themselves really?
Alot do try but fail in first 3 years due too a number of factors ie poor preparation, under funding, thining with the heart not the head.
Instead of going over to Australia and work for someone else!
Working for someone else does suit somepeople as everyone is different. My advise is think any proposal through with an independent person and dont get carried away with dreaming of an easier lifestyle. It is really hard work if you want it to be a success. But at the end of the day if you want it bad you wil make it a success - good luck.

Kiwi

Last edited by thebears; May 18th 2006 at 10:18 am. Reason: Remove quote marks
Old May 18th 2006, 12:04 pm
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying A Business

Originally Posted by thebears
Not sure

Speak to the bank - turnover is not the only variable and they would expect you to carry the risk. Do the figures make sense? or are you funding their retirement?

Working for someone else does suit somepeople as everyone is different. My advise is think any proposal through with an independent person and dont get carried away with dreaming of an easier lifestyle. It is really hard work if you want it to be a success. But at the end of the day if you want it bad you wil make it a success - good luck.

Kiwi
Thanks Kiwi,

I was just curious really, as I know it has become increasingly more difficult to set up a business in the UK...

Thanks for your advice though