Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying a bicycle: best place in Brisbane?

Buying a bicycle: best place in Brisbane?

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough
Default Buying a bicycle: best place in Brisbane?

Hi ,

I've always been surprised at what you people know.

Where is the best place to buy a bicycle in Brisbane.?There are tonnes of cycle shops... does anybody know a really good one.. massive range, discount prices etc?

(lookin for something much better than the Kmart rubbish)

Much appreciated,
Jason
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:00 am
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of
Default Re: Buying a bicycle: best place in Brisbane?

Originally Posted by jwatsonoz
Hi ,

Where is the best place to buy a bicycle in Brisbane.?There are tonnes of cycle shops... does anybody know a really good one.. massive range, discount prices etc?

Much appreciated,
Jason
Good question, where in Brisbane can you get a decent bike!
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:24 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Depends whereabouts in Brisbane you are. Local in Bayside Brisbane I use Redlands Cycle City. http://www.redlandscyclecity.com.au/

I got a decent deal on an Avanti Carbonio full carbon race frame and haggled a decent amount on it there. Speak to Henry and although he is dutch dont hold that against him.

There are some very good cycling shops about but it depends what your after.The best thing you can do is research the bike that you want to get. Price it up and then simply phone around and get the lowest price.

Here is a list of all decent bike shops in Brisbane http://www.bq.org.au/cycle-info/bike...hops_bne.shtml listed by area, postcode and of course phone number.

You'll generally find that most places wont stock every bike in every frame size and will have to order it in anyway.

Good luck and happy riding.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info Centurion - much appreciated.
I live in the City next to the Gabba.

I've got about a 1000 to spend... and was looking at buying a good mountain bike (even though I will use it for commuting normally - I like the extra strength and the offroad option).
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:25 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info Centurion - much appreciated.
I live in the City next to the Gabba.

I've got about a 1000 to spend... and was looking at buying a good mountain bike (even though I will use it for commuting normally - I like the extra strength and the offroad option).
I can recommend Lifecycle on Petrie Terrace.

I brought mine about a year ago, and found the staff to be brilliant. Very helpful and knowledgable.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Epic Cycles, Milton have very friendly staff. Riders have branches in various places, including Morningside, and are also good.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 11:28 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ,

Much appreciated,
Jason
Tom Wallace Cycles, Lutwyche Rd, Windsor (opp Lutwyche Shopping Centre). Excellent staff, range and service.

Nationwide store listing:
http://www.cannibal.com.au/oz/retailers.html

Last edited by The Bloke; Sep 23rd 2006 at 11:33 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 1:56 am

gedge has disabled reputation

A couple of cycling links i've put up before...
Bicycling Australia
Bicycles Network Australia

You might want to check them out for links to shops. That last one has pretty good lists of bike shops all over the place.. follow Shops> QLD link
There's a few online shops that'll give you an idea of what's available.
Can't give any personal recommendations though.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

Hi, we just bought 3 bikes from Anaconda which is a really good camping and outdoor equipment shop in Everton Park. We got a very good deal on two fairly cheap 'Fluid' mountain bikes, as well as one more expensive 'Kona' mountain bike. My son priced up the Kona bike and said he thought it was far cheaper than in the UK.

We went when it was a 20% discount day and managed to get more money off, as well as extras thrown in like lights, water backpacks, bike pumps, etc. We were very happy with the deal

If you have kids they also have a climbing wall to keep them amused.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 6:00 am
Just Joined

redmini is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a very good bike shop at the Gap along Waterworks Road