Reload this Page >

Buyers - Shoot 'Em

Buyers - Shoot 'Em

Old Aug 1st 2003, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road
Default Buyers - Shoot 'Em

For the unaware, this is a major rant!

Thought it was all going to smoothly. Childminder wants to buy our gaff and in turn gets first time buyer.

Surveys go through and everything proceeds fine with limited assistance from the pond life purporting to be Estate Agents.

Four weeks after the first in chain gets her survey done and we find that there's no finance in place.

I resigned last Friday..... Any of you see a smartly dressed BI vendor around in Surrey, give generously!.

Look, I know I expect to go to the toilet and have to wipe my backside with a piece of 60 grit but come on Big Man give us a helping hand here.

Anthony, if you're reading this, I know it's nothing compared to what you're going through, hope you're going easy mate.

OK rant over, as you were folks.
Old Aug 1st 2003, 10:45 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Buyers - Shoot 'Em

Sorry to hear that Nibbs - hang in there. At least you're making the right steps. Things will fall into place eventually. Hope it sorts itself out soonest.
Old Aug 1st 2003, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Really sorry to hear your news. Had the same thing happen to us not long ago, but they pulled out all together, now we are here twiddling out thumbs and only had 2 people look at the house over the past 5 weeks. quietly (well not always quietly) going crackers.
Is there any way that you could tell your employers that it may be a little longer and delay finishing work?
Good luck and hope that all goes well with you. It could still work out okay.

Whisky
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys,

Had a couple of beers last night to get over it and now feeling to hung over to give a damm.

Unfortunately there's no way my firm will extend the notice period. They charge me out as a consultant but have hit tough times and don't have a site for me at the moment. Reckon the finance director was pretty pleased I'd resigned.

Oh well, I'll relax over the weekend and then be prepared when the next pratt tells me to "bend over and bite on this!".

Picture it : Banging head against wall to the tune of "Things can only get better"
Old Aug 4th 2003, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

S/pick is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand your pain so well. Kind of similar situation with ourselves.

1. A friend decided she wanted our house and a friend decided she wanted my friend flat her. Great, no agents fee (fantastic) over £3500 saved.

2. Qualification come back from NZQA so we think systems all go.

3. Then husband is self employed graphic designer and cannot find any freelance work so has no choice but to close business down.

4. 1st in the chain decides she doesn't want friends flat. So now we are waiting for friend to sell flat.

5. Daughter has had leaving party and left school because we anticipated that we could complete in 3 to 4 weeks.

All plans are now on hold.We are still taking our application to nz house next Friday.

This whole process is frustrating anyway, but especially when involves depending on other people to do the right thing. Chin up Nibbs and co.

Sam and Mark

Last edited by S/pick; Aug 4th 2003 at 1:51 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks folks

In a slightly perverse way, it's nice to hear I'm not alone.

What exactly do Estate Agents do anyway. They'd have stood to gain £4-5000 from our purchasers sale, but couldn't even be bothered to return 3 phone calls over a week.

I still can't believe a Building Society would request a survey before agreeing the mortgage in principal.

Scene : Shuffling down the street and shouting incoherently at old ladies!
Old Aug 4th 2003, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point

Nibbs -

Although we did not have to sell any property (thank f**k) I can sympathise with you on this one.

We actually bought a property when my dad was in hospital but then we came around and didnt sign for it (perhaps for the best as it would seem)

Just think of it this way - EVERYTHING no matter how grey/bleak/shit happens for a reason.

Keep your chin up (seems strange for me to be the one saying this). Everything will work out in the end and you will wonder why you worried and soon you will be filled with sheer excitement.

Life is too precious to worry - said me!!! But seriously, take it easy. Have a drink for me tonight - celebrate the victory of a fellow team member!

Hope this cheers you up

Anth
Old Aug 4th 2003, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that Anth.

Having kept up with your story, I do feel a little ashamed to have had a whinge in the first place.

Still it does strike me that every nasty, small minded, Hitloresque, frustrated, power hungry, incompetent, arrogant unhelpful pillock out there has got my sodding name on his list at the moment.

Errrrr...... did I lose it a bit there?

Mind you, apparently my company don't have any work for me now and would rather not pay for my travelling so would I kindly naff off and stop making the place miserable (I'm not called "Victor" for nothing!)

So at least I can get a few days AUssis Climate training in

Maybe you're right!

Cheers All, must go me stubby's getting warm!
Old Aug 4th 2003, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point

Enjoy the weather and take a deep breathe.

Think of whats to come !!!

Plenty more sun, sand, stubbies and hard graft!!!

Anth - enjoy your day !