British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   The buyers ARE out there! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/buyers-out-there-279858/)

binbird Jan 25th 2005 12:42 pm

The buyers ARE out there!

Reporting from cold, damp, grey Gloucestershire:

Hearing your estate agent say that they have got an offer on your house is almost as good news as hearing your agent say that you have got your visa! But when is an offer ever enough?

£5k more would seal it for us. Only two houses in the chain too. I'd like to say that I am sitting here with everything crossed, willing this potential deal reaches a satisfactory conclusion but unfortunately I keep getting up and going to the fridge. Comfort eating could be the death of me!

Please, please, please send good vibes this way! (House, agents, buyers etc get the job done quickly or there won't be a lot of point in me packing any bikinis for the new life in Oz!) :D

Tense, nervous, Binbird

RichnKim Jan 25th 2005 12:44 pm

Re: The buyers ARE out there!

Originally Posted by binbird

Hearing your estate agent say that they have got an offer on your house is almost as good news as hearing your agent say that you have got your visa! But when is an offer ever enough?

£5k more would seal it for us. Only two houses in the chain too. I'd like to say that I am sitting here with everything crossed, willing this potential deal reaches a satisfactory conclusion but unfortunately I keep getting up and going to the fridge. Comfort eating could be the death of me!

Please, please, please send good vibes this way! (House, agents, buyers etc get the job done quickly or there won't be a lot of point in me packing any bikinis for the new life in Oz!) :D

Tense, nervous, Binbird

Done :)

scissors Jan 25th 2005 12:46 pm

hiya matey, plenty of good vibes and karma coming your way,fingers crossed and everything,ours is going on the market next month,hope there plenty of buyers out there :D
tracey.

Brissiegirl Jan 25th 2005 12:51 pm

good luck... we are going on the market early next week.. having valuations done this Friday.. and we leave in April !!! :scared:

Sue2 Jan 25th 2005 1:48 pm

Good luck!!! :D We`re in the same boat at the moment got a viewing later and another Thursday, been doing loads of house work today!!!

All the best Karma on its way :D

Sue :)

samnrob2 Jan 25th 2005 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sue2
Good luck!!! :D We`re in the same boat at the moment got a viewing later and another Thursday, been doing loads of house work today!!!

All the best Karma on its way :D

Sue :)

Ditto on all the above. Searches are being done on our house this week - should be sold up in a matter of weeks!!

Yippeee!!

Rob

shecha Jan 25th 2005 2:17 pm

Tense, nervous, Binbird

Hi Binbird,

Karma coming your way!

We're in the same position - have a buyer - all going through but still nervous that it may fall apart!!!!

Good luck to everyone in this stressful position!!!

Shell

aidbish Jan 25th 2005 2:26 pm

same hear, got a viewing at 4:30
hopefully this will be the one

binbird Jan 25th 2005 3:02 pm

Damn! Just bitten a nail off now as well as devouring the contents of the fridge - bang goes another new years resolution!

This is stress big time! :(

From the fat binbird with the nails bitten down to the quick!

Alex Hall Jan 25th 2005 3:15 pm

Damn! Just bitten a nail off now as well as devouring the contents of the fridge - bang goes another new years resolution!

This is stress big time! :(

From the fat binbird with the nails bitten down to the quick!

Fat????? yeah right! :(

Anyway, the nail will grow back. Hopefully you'll get a call with an increased offer soon! :D

:)
Alex

wargod Jan 25th 2005 4:15 pm

Karma sent !!!

Good luck!

artep Jan 25th 2005 4:20 pm

Tense, nervous, Binbird

Fingers crossed your buyer comes up with a few more readies for ya...BUT with a chain that short I'd be inclined to say 'bugger it' for the sake of 5K and I'd snap his hand off!!!!

Our chain is 5 deep and the plank at the bottom has buggered off abroad until March without leaving contact no. or power of attorney!!! :eek: It's looking more and more like back to the drawing board for us! :(

artep Jan 25th 2005 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by artep
Our chain is 5 deep and the plank at the bottom has buggered off abroad until March without leaving contact no. or power of attorney!!! :eek: It's looking more and more like back to the drawing board for us! :(

Woo hoo!! just had a phone call from my agent....plank at the bottom is contactable by email and can sign paperwork that way & fax back....things are back on track!!!!!

....ahhh a glimmer of light in the tunnel of house selling.. :D

glittababe Jan 25th 2005 4:26 pm

Tense, nervous, Binbird

Hi Binbird, you're right the buyers are out there its just taking a wee bit longer! People seem to be waiting for this 'house price crash' to happen - then, like a january sale you'll be bombarded with people! Unfortunately house prices are so steep anyway, that most are too expensive for most buyers, a drop of 15% won't mean anything! I'm sure once people realise the price drop is a long way off, they'll get their backsides to Gloucester to view your house! Everything sells in the end!

binbird Jan 25th 2005 4:44 pm

[QUOTE=binbird]Reporting from cold, damp, grey Gloucestershire:

The latest update:

Agent has just phoned - we are going to have to wait until tomorrow to hear if our potential purchaser will put in a higher offer. It could be a long night! At least I've still got 9 finger nails!

Thanks for all the karma so far - this is definitely the worst bit of the whole visa thing so far. But at least it's progress! Good luck to everyone else going through the same.

Binbird