Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The buyers ARE out there!

The buyers ARE out there!

Old Jan 25th 2005, 5:07 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The buyers ARE out there!

Originally Posted by artep
Fingers crossed your buyer comes up with a few more readies for ya...BUT with a chain that short I'd be inclined to say 'bugger it' for the sake of 5K and I'd snap his hand off!!!!

Our chain is 5 deep and the plank at the bottom has buggered off abroad until March without leaving contact no. or power of attorney!!! It's looking more and more like back to the drawing board for us!
lol

Sorry - shouldn't laugh, but the thought of 'the plank' going on holiday struck me as being quite amusing!

Obviously not for you tho'!

Karma on its way!

Rob
Old Jan 26th 2005, 12:53 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE:

It all sounded too good to be true, didn't it?

Estate agent got back to us about an hour ago. There we were hoping for a higher offer but it was not to be. MR X had got his secretary to phone the estate agents this morning to advise them that they were taking their own property off the market and that they did not wish to proceed with ours. Reason - personal circumstances. Weird, bizarre, annoying etc.

Whilst I am obviously disappointed, I really feel for the estate agents as they must have been rubbing theirs hands together counting the ££££s that they would be making from these two sales.

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO MESS OTHER PEOPLE ABOUT? It's not clever! It's not kind! It's not fair! (And I bit a nail in vain stressing over this!)

Oh well, onwards and upwards - another viewing booked for Sunday.......

Grumpy binbird
Old Jan 26th 2005, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

wattle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binbird
UPDATE:

Estate agent got back to us about an hour ago. There we were hoping for a higher offer but it was not to be. MR X had got his secretary to phone the estate agents this morning to advise them that they were taking their own property off the market and that they did not wish to proceed with ours. Reason - personal circumstances. Weird, bizarre, annoying etc.

Whilst I am obviously disappointed, I really feel for the estate agents as they must have been rubbing theirs hands together counting the ££££s that they would be making from these two sales.

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO MESS OTHER PEOPLE ABOUT? It's not clever! It's not kind! It's not fair! (And I bit a nail in vain stressing over this!)

Grumpy binbird
My parents are having major problems selling thier house too! Its a big 5 bedroomed farm house which is v v complicated and being over £300k its a hard sell due to the stamp duty etc etc. They are now seriously considering putting it up for auction in April as time is ticking by and they just want to get to Australia.

My uncle in australia is a property developer and says that aussie prices are coming down and will continue to do so over the next couple of years so not to worry if you have to drop the price a bit!

Last edited by wattle; Jan 26th 2005 at 1:25 pm. Reason: forgot to say
Old Jan 26th 2005, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

UPDATE:

Grumpy binbird
Sorry to hear that. Maybe the couple had an argument last night and realised they didn't want to move, or worse still that their relationship is on rocky ground.

Hopefully you will get a higher offer within the next few days from another buyer and then everything will be pink and fluffy again!

On the bright side, you do have your visa , you are not having to rush-sell your house to meet tight deadlines that are out of your control and hence having to drop the price to silly levels . And you will get a bit more time to visit all those English and European tourist sites that you may have missed otherwise and off course you have more time to grow your nail back

Karma coming your way

:-)

Alex
Old Jan 26th 2005, 1:28 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE:

Grumpy binbird
Oh for god's sake!!! How bloody FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Puts you off EVER buying a house again doesn't it??? Good thing in oz tho is that usually everything's done and dusted in about 30 days!

Here's to the oz way of buying and selling houses!!!

Good Luck binbird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!