Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The buyers ARE out there!

The buyers ARE out there!

Old Jan 25th 2005, 12:42 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default The buyers ARE out there!

Reporting from cold, damp, grey Gloucestershire:

Hearing your estate agent say that they have got an offer on your house is almost as good news as hearing your agent say that you have got your visa! But when is an offer ever enough?

£5k more would seal it for us. Only two houses in the chain too. I'd like to say that I am sitting here with everything crossed, willing this potential deal reaches a satisfactory conclusion but unfortunately I keep getting up and going to the fridge. Comfort eating could be the death of me!

Please, please, please send good vibes this way! (House, agents, buyers etc get the job done quickly or there won't be a lot of point in me packing any bikinis for the new life in Oz!)

Tense, nervous, Binbird
Old Jan 25th 2005, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The buyers ARE out there!

Originally Posted by binbird

Hearing your estate agent say that they have got an offer on your house is almost as good news as hearing your agent say that you have got your visa! But when is an offer ever enough?

£5k more would seal it for us. Only two houses in the chain too. I'd like to say that I am sitting here with everything crossed, willing this potential deal reaches a satisfactory conclusion but unfortunately I keep getting up and going to the fridge. Comfort eating could be the death of me!

Please, please, please send good vibes this way! (House, agents, buyers etc get the job done quickly or there won't be a lot of point in me packing any bikinis for the new life in Oz!)

Tense, nervous, Binbird

Done
Old Jan 25th 2005, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hiya matey, plenty of good vibes and karma coming your way,fingers crossed and everything,ours is going on the market next month,hope there plenty of buyers out there
tracey.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 12:51 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

good luck... we are going on the market early next week.. having valuations done this Friday.. and we leave in April !!! :scared:
Old Jan 25th 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!!! We`re in the same boat at the moment got a viewing later and another Thursday, been doing loads of house work today!!!

All the best Karma on its way

Sue
Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:07 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sue2
Good luck!!! We`re in the same boat at the moment got a viewing later and another Thursday, been doing loads of house work today!!!

All the best Karma on its way

Sue
Ditto on all the above. Searches are being done on our house this week - should be sold up in a matter of weeks!!

Yippeee!!

Rob
Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:17 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Tense, nervous, Binbird

Hi Binbird,

Karma coming your way!

We're in the same position - have a buyer - all going through but still nervous that it may fall apart!!!!

Good luck to everyone in this stressful position!!!

Shell
Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:26 pm

aidbish is an unknown quantity at this point

same hear, got a viewing at 4:30
hopefully this will be the one
Old Jan 25th 2005, 3:02 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Damn! Just bitten a nail off now as well as devouring the contents of the fridge - bang goes another new years resolution!

This is stress big time!

From the fat binbird with the nails bitten down to the quick!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

Damn! Just bitten a nail off now as well as devouring the contents of the fridge - bang goes another new years resolution!

This is stress big time!

From the fat binbird with the nails bitten down to the quick!

Fat????? yeah right!

Anyway, the nail will grow back. Hopefully you'll get a call with an increased offer soon!

Alex
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:15 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Karma sent !!!

Good luck!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:20 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Tense, nervous, Binbird
Fingers crossed your buyer comes up with a few more readies for ya...BUT with a chain that short I'd be inclined to say 'bugger it' for the sake of 5K and I'd snap his hand off!!!!

Our chain is 5 deep and the plank at the bottom has buggered off abroad until March without leaving contact no. or power of attorney!!! It's looking more and more like back to the drawing board for us!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:26 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
Our chain is 5 deep and the plank at the bottom has buggered off abroad until March without leaving contact no. or power of attorney!!! It's looking more and more like back to the drawing board for us!
Woo hoo!! just had a phone call from my agent....plank at the bottom is contactable by email and can sign paperwork that way & fax back....things are back on track!!!!!

....ahhh a glimmer of light in the tunnel of house selling..
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Tense, nervous, Binbird
Hi Binbird, you're right the buyers are out there its just taking a wee bit longer! People seem to be waiting for this 'house price crash' to happen - then, like a january sale you'll be bombarded with people! Unfortunately house prices are so steep anyway, that most are too expensive for most buyers, a drop of 15% won't mean anything! I'm sure once people realise the price drop is a long way off, they'll get their backsides to Gloucester to view your house! Everything sells in the end!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:44 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

[QUOTE=binbird]Reporting from cold, damp, grey Gloucestershire:

The latest update:

Agent has just phoned - we are going to have to wait until tomorrow to hear if our potential purchaser will put in a higher offer. It could be a long night! At least I've still got 9 finger nails!

Thanks for all the karma so far - this is definitely the worst bit of the whole visa thing so far. But at least it's progress! Good luck to everyone else going through the same.

Binbird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.