Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

to buy or not to buy a kilt b4 you go

to buy or not to buy a kilt b4 you go

Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:51 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: to buy or not to buy a kilt b4 you go

My ex has worn his over here heaps of times: very good for getting attention from both sexes :scared: . Just like the accent, Aussies seem to go mad over it. He's certainly found it a helluva lot easier to get a social life here than I have and I put it all down to the kilt! Bring it!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:21 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Brissydeb

Since we found out that we're moving over to Oz, the only thing my hubby is bothered about is buying a kilt before we go!!!

glad i'm not the only one with this problem. hope he doesn't go for the whole regalia or it will need it's own suitcase!!!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debbie,

When we went over for a holiday last year the OH bought one. My cousin half expected him to come off the plane wearing it but we kept it a surprise and on new years eve all three of us came down with our kilts on. My auntie burst into tears. Went down a treat. Go on Jeff - buy one.

Ann
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:05 pm
Hibees Hibees

gary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nice

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Buy Buy Buy!!!

I have had my kilt on on many diffirent occasions in Brisvegas, yes it can be too hot but who cares, its too hot for clothes somedays in summer

Buy it before you come over, and DON'T buy one of those light weight numbers, they are Sh*te!!

You become more patriotic over here, he will wear it any chance he gets!!

Was over in Singapore last week, kilt aswell, now that was Betty Swallocks!!!
Got married in the caribbean wore the the kilt,jacket etc ,woz sweating like a cornered virgin.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gary stewart
Got married in the caribbean wore the the kilt,jacket etc ,woz sweating like a cornered virgin.

We like the way you worded that........both in fits of laughter!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BertieB
Hi Debbie,

When we went over for a holiday last year the OH bought one. My cousin half expected him to come off the plane wearing it but we kept it a surprise and on new years eve all three of us came down with our kilts on. My auntie burst into tears. Went down a treat. Go on Jeff - buy one.

Ann
It's going to be a trip to Moss Brothers at the weekend!!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Hi Brissydeb

Since we found out that we're moving over to Oz, the only thing my hubby is bothered about is buying a kilt before we go!!!

glad i'm not the only one with this problem. hope he doesn't go for the whole regalia or it will need it's own suitcase!!!!
My OH is from Aberdeen, now living in Glasgow. Where in Aberdeen are you from?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by matildaskye
My ex has worn his over here heaps of times: very good for getting attention from both sexes :scared: . Just like the accent, Aussies seem to go mad over it. He's certainly found it a helluva lot easier to get a social life here than I have and I put it all down to the kilt! Bring it!
Told this to my OH..........he is not too keen on getting loads of attention from the blokes but quite happy about the sheilas! Think I will need to keep an eye on him when he wears it!!!!!! :scared:
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by brissydeb
My OH is from Aberdeen, now living in Glasgow. Where in Aberdeen are you from?

We are from 'the toon' too, Ferryhill area, nae far fae Duthie Park, You's?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

We are from 'the toon' too, Ferryhill area, nae far fae Duthie Park, You's?
My OH is from Hilton, I lived up there initially on Queens Road in halls of residence then lived just off Holburn Street for three years. Worked in the Ferryhill House Hotel for a few years, was that one of your locals?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

My OH is from Hilton, I lived up there initially on Queens Road in halls of residence then lived just off Holburn Street for three years. Worked in the Ferryhill House Hotel for a few years, was that one of your locals?

Local, called a second home for many years, one of a few things we miss most is the F H and Paul's chat and free nibbles!!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hoots nan
Maybe he could bring one over for us Katie!!!

Hoots Nan, if you want one please send us your order!!!!!!! Would you like royal Stewart or black watch?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Local, called a second home for many years, one of a few things we miss most is the F H and Paul's chat and free nibbles!!!
I worked there 94 till 96,was Paul the manager then? Tall guy with brown hair went on to sell coffee for Matthew Algie?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

Hoots Nan, if you want one please send us your order!!!!!!! Would you like royal Stewart or black watch?
Either if Marti Pellow or Ally McCoist is wearing it!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hoots nan
Either if Marti Pellow or Ally McCoist is wearing it!

will see what i can do!!!!! marti is a wee bit sexier than wee ally??????/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.