British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Buy my car, so we can go to Brisbane (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/buy-my-car-so-we-can-go-brisbane-650530/)

Al and Jacque Jan 21st 2010 3:05 pm

Buy my car, so we can go to Brisbane

Hi everyone, we are trying to sell our car, this is proving difficult at the minute, if we can get it sold anytime soon we will move to Brisbane at Easter, there's just to much money tied up in the car it's worth £6000. It's a Toyota Avensis, best car we have ever owned, so if somebody in Northern Ireland is looking a great car give me a shout. Have you any stories on how you got rid of your cars or vehicles when it came to leaving. Hope it sells soon, fingers crossed so we can get out of here.

Thanks
Al and Jacque

Alfresco Jan 21st 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Buy my car, so we can go to Brisbane

Originally Posted by Al and Jacque (Post 8269567)
Hi everyone, we are trying to sell our car, this is proving difficult at the minute, if we can get it sold anytime soon we will move to Brisbane at Easter, there's just to much money tied up in the car it's worth £6000. It's a Toyota Avensis, best car we have ever owned, so if somebody in Northern Ireland is looking a great car give me a shout. Have you any stories on how you got rid of your cars or vehicles when it came to leaving. Hope it sells soon, fingers crossed so we can get out of here.

Thanks
Al and Jacque

Will you not need a car in Brissie? Ship it over. See how much one like yours would cost in Oz.

Al and Jacque Jan 21st 2010 6:21 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Have considered that, though I think there is a lot involved and it can be very expensive, although I would love to have my car in Australia.

4500 Times Jan 21st 2010 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 8270133)
Will you not need a car in Brissie? Ship it over. See how much one like yours would cost in Oz.

Thats a good point.

We sold ours on Ebay, Renault Scenic vitually brand new. A guy came and paid cash...Easy.

Good Luck

spartacus Jan 21st 2010 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Al and Jacque (Post 8270159)
Have considered that, though I think there is a lot involved and it can be very expensive, although I would love to have my car in Australia.

The Avensis isn't available in Aus. I'd imagine it would be a nightmare maintenance wise, and have virtually no second hand value.

Dorothy Jan 21st 2010 9:56 pm

Sorry, advertising goes in the classified section here. You're welcome to put a link in your signature.