Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Butteries, Aitkens rolls please

Butteries, Aitkens rolls please

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Default Butteries, Aitkens rolls please

Been out here 85 days now, not missing much from Scotland (yet!) but I could really murder a couple of butteries, Aitkens preferably!!

Anybody coming over to Brisbane, could you take some with you!!!

Bill
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:51 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Butteries, Aitkens rolls please

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Been out here 85 days now, not missing much from Scotland (yet!) but I could really murder a couple of butteries, Aitkens preferably!!

Bill

Mate only a very limited amount of people on the forum will know what a buttery is!!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by madsad
Mate only a very limited amount of people on the forum will know what a buttery is!!

I'm just venting some frustration at the lack of the great lardy snack over here, they have some great bakeries over here, just wondered if there may be a an outlet with an ex Aberdonian baker somewhere!!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Hi!!!

Being a Buckie quine, I too could go a buttery or two!! Unfortunately I found them difficult to get in the Scottish borders so Im not holding out much hope of getting them here

Only been here 2 days so not really missing too many things yet (except of course people & my pet, spot!)

Roni
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Neverheard of them, but really fancy one now!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Originally Posted by The S's
Neverheard of them, but really fancy one now!!!
Out of this world!!

Especially served warm.......with jam.......mmmmmmmmmm
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Didnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the roughDidnaeseeu is a jewel in the rough

Bill

Hi guys

Well my claim to fame is I used to live next door to 'Mrs Aitken' and have had many a Aitkens buttery in my time (but we called them 'aitkens rolls')

We're off to Perth next weekend so its our last weekend in Aberdeen so I'll have an aitkens roll and you can just imagine.

Oh and were also going to the Ferryhill Hotel for a few drinkies tomorrow night, as we only live 5 mins away (was'nt that your local).

Anyway I could always post a couple of butteries over to you, may be a wee bit 'foustie' when they arrive.

Cheers

p.s. Sunday could be Steak Olives or Mince and Tatties (mmmmmm)
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:45 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just venting some frustration at the lack of the great lardy snack over here, they have some great bakeries over here, just wondered if there may be a an outlet with an ex Aberdonian baker somewhere!!

Hi Billnlinz,

Have you tried the Brittish shop in Redcliffe? Teddies& Sweets i think its called.If they dont have them they maybe able to order some for you?they have a long list of stuff they order in for people,3/4 of the order made up by us !! lol!

The only thing i havent liked from the shop is their square sausage & its a bit pricey too but it puts the cravings to bay for a little while,then you get so fed up with trying to find the same tasting stuff you got back home you just 'give up'

Donna.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Billnlinz,

Have you tried the Brittish shop in Redcliffe? Teddies& Sweets i think its called.If they dont have them they maybe able to order some for you?they have a long list of stuff they order in for people,3/4 of the order made up by us !! lol!

The only thing i havent liked from the shop is their square sausage & its a bit pricey too but it puts the cravings to bay for a little while,then you get so fed up with trying to find the same tasting stuff you got back home you just 'give up'

Donna.

Thanks for that Donna

Where about is the shop in Redcliffe, i have heard about it but wasn't sure where it actually is

Hows Bray Park? your house looks lovely.

Bill
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Didnaeseeu]Hi guys

Well my claim to fame is I used to live next door to 'Mrs Aitken' and have had many a Aitkens buttery in my time (but we called them 'aitkens rolls')

We're off to Perth next weekend so its our last weekend in Aberdeen so I'll have an aitkens roll and you can just imagine.

Oh and were also going to the Ferryhill Hotel for a few drinkies tomorrow night, as we only live 5 mins away (was'nt that your local).

Anyway I could always post a couple of butteries over to you, may be a wee bit 'foustie' when they arrive.

Cheers

I am drooling here, an aitkens roll with butter and syrup, magic!!!

And going to the FH on a friday, you lucky buggers!! Say hello to Paul the manager from us, we miss the place

Have a great weekend and keep in touch when you get over here.

Good luck

Bill
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:07 am

Thanks for that Donna

Where about is the shop in Redcliffe, i have heard about it but wasn't sure where it actually is

Hows Bray Park? your house looks lovely.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Address is:QLD : Redcliffe - English Sweets and Teddies, Walk Arcade, Shop 7, Redcliffe Pde, Redcliffe. 07 3283 7327.I hope this isnt their old address as they have moved a few shops down the parade but if your along there your on the right track

They also have a wee cafe/takeaway on the go too,we had the breakfast a few weeks ago & it was good!

Bray park...well its not Northlakes thats for sure,everythings so new & clean in Northlakes,a nicer place all round including the people,we,ve certainly noticed the difference between the two areas.
But..we're here now & at the end of the day we close our front door & get on with our own lifes If we could have what we have in Bray park at Northlakes for the same price we wouldnt of moved

The house is lovely 'older' but ive had to do so much cleaning & could be doing with a lick of paint downstairs but we hope to get that done before xmas,i dont think i will settle until its done agent says why bother? just a case of everyone has different standards i think?!

Having the pool makes it worth the hassle,the kids are having an absolute ball!!

Donna.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:56 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Didnaeseeu
Hi guys

Cheers

p.s. Sunday could be Steak Olives or Mince and Tatties (mmmmmm)
If you bring a couple of aitkens rolls with you i'll swap them for beer!!!!

Lynn
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'll make it easy for anyone moving to Australia if they bring a few butteries with them!!!!