Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Butcher looking for work.

Butcher looking for work.

Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:46 am
Just Joined

ButcherfromJerseyc.i. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Butcher looking for work.

Hi there i have been a Butcher all my life, i'm 58 years young and fit i have never smoked or do i go to bars i would like to find a Butchers job in Australia I am fully qualified in all aspects of the trade including Sausage Making i have a friendly personality as well and i have no dependents .

Thank you for any reply's in advance

Ray
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Butcher looking for work.

Hi, If you look on the website seek.com.au, that should give you some indication of whats available in the area you are headed to.

There are a lot of butchers about and I 've seen jobs advertised in the local paper for butchers.

Good luck, hope this is of some help
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:07 am
Just Joined

ButcherfromJerseyc.i. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Katehn
Hi, If you look on the website seek.com.au, that should give you some indication of whats available in the area you are headed to.

There are a lot of butchers about and I 've seen jobs advertised in the local paper for butchers.

Good luck, hope this is of some help
Thank you very much sir i will do that.

Regards
Ray
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:46 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I know someone who's trying to sell his shop in Mornington (Vic). Not sure if you want to buy a business or not. I reckon a British style butcher in Mornington would make a mint.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I think with your age you might have to look at coming in on a business visa unless you can find someone to sponsor you.

There are loads of butcher jobs going as shopping at a butchers is still really popular out here - unlike the UK. Should know as OH's family business was just that and closed down years ago. He too is a fantastic sausage maker!

I think a Brit butcher in Mornington would go down really well as there are soooo many Brits here. Please can you make Pork Pies if you come - the ones in Coles just about do. We also need a decent sausage as you can imagine OH is pretty fussy - I keep telling him to do something about it but he says he's moved on now (actually on 4th career)!

Good luck!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by koalakim
Hi

I think with your age you might have to look at coming in on a business visa unless you can find someone to sponsor you.

There are loads of butcher jobs going as shopping at a butchers is still really popular out here - unlike the UK. Should know as OH's family business was just that and closed down years ago. He too is a fantastic sausage maker!

I think a Brit butcher in Mornington would go down really well as there are soooo many Brits here. Please can you make Pork Pies if you come - the ones in Coles just about do. We also need a decent sausage as you can imagine OH is pretty fussy - I keep telling him to do something about it but he says he's moved on now (actually on 4th career)!

Good luck!
Get to Rob's British Butchers in Dandenong.... best sausages / pork pies and also stocks a range of goods imported from the UK
Old Nov 25th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

The local paper in Newcastle has about a dozen butchers jobs going! You'll find work out here easily...