Busselton WA

Old Aug 5th 2015, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Busselton WA

Back in 2005 when we moved from the UK to Melbourne (via Brisbane), this forum was the best place to come for advice!
Hopefully nothing has cahnged.....only the people

We are looking at a move from the Mornington Peninsula to Busselton, after a couple of trips, one a holiday and another more of a reccie.

Just after others thoughts and opinions about Busselton area, high school, cricket, soccer, horse riding.

We had a great time when we visited, had a great feel, less traffic and hustle and bustle plus a better climate.

Jut interested in peoples thoughts - good or bad.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 5:42 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Busselton WA

I love Busselton, in fact the whole Geographe Bay area, it's probably one of the nicest parts of the world IMHO. I plan to retire to Dunsborough or near there in a few years time.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 7:33 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Back in 2005 when we moved from the UK to Melbourne (via Brisbane), this forum was the best place to come for advice!
Hopefully nothing has cahnged.....only the people

We are looking at a move from the Mornington Peninsula to Busselton, after a couple of trips, one a holiday and another more of a reccie.

Just after others thoughts and opinions about Busselton area, high school, cricket, soccer, horse riding.

We had a great time when we visited, had a great feel, less traffic and hustle and bustle plus a better climate.

Jut interested in peoples thoughts - good or bad.
Beautiful part of the world, plus very close to Margaret River, Dunsborough and also the Karri country.

It wouldn't suit someone who loves the hustle, bustle and choice a city offers, it still has the feel of a relatively sleepy holiday town to me. But that is a huge bonus for people who like a more relaxed pace!

Sorry I can't help with your specific questions, I've only ever holidayed in Busselton. Best of luck.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 7:46 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

I lived there for nearly a decade, moved away (not far though) 5 yrs ago, lovely town, now classed as a city.

Between Nov-March you best know all the back roads to avoid touristy traffic. Plenty of sport clubs etc, keep an eye out on Busselton News, sport and weather | Busselton-Dunsborough Mail , local clubs advertise everything in the classifieds.

Plenty of high schools from Busso senior high, Cornerstone, MacKillop etc, can't advice as left before mine went to high school.
As a general rule, for nice areas to live, stay on West Busselton side of Queen Street as East side know for rowdy crowds plus the seaweed stink can cause problems. Sorry, head full of flu so not thinking straight but any specific questions, fire away!
Old Aug 5th 2015, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Thanks for the prompt replies folks.
I think that's why we liked it, relaxed pace etc.
The hustle and bustle is not what we want.
Here on the Mornington Peninsula, its getting busier by the month and summer is jam packed but its only a few weeks so no big deal. I assume Busselton is the same.
Melbourne is a wonderful city but to be honest, the big city life just isn't us. Nice to go for the day or overnight, shopping, meal, footy cricket etc but really its only once or twice a year.
Busselton seems to have all the shops you want, decent places to eat etc and Bunbury is close for the 'bigger shops'.
Not sure where we will live, will start in a rental for a while. Vasse looks ok?
(Really like Dunsborough too but work options will be a less there)
Old Aug 5th 2015, 9:25 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Vases is newer but great area, infact anywhere from Queen Elisabeth Av onwards I highly recommend. Shops like Kmart, BigW are really the only reason to go to Bunbury, although that's still only 30min drive away, loads work in Bunbury & live in Busso. Dunsborough is very quick drive from Busso but if work (what do you do?) takes you to Bunbury then commute is obviously longer and less services in Dunsborough.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by teza
Vases is newer but great area, infact anywhere from Queen Elisabeth Av onwards I highly recommend. Shops like Kmart, BigW are really the only reason to go to Bunbury, although that's still only 30min drive away, loads work in Bunbury & live in Busso. Dunsborough is very quick drive from Busso but if work (what do you do?) takes you to Bunbury then commute is obviously longer and less services in Dunsborough.
Thanks Teza
My background is in mental health nursing, however worked for many years as a team manager and more recently as a Program Manager - Counselling, Youth Services and Family Violence.
I will be looking for any health service / allied health management position when the time is right.

Daughter is 14 (today) and will be taking her horse, as will my wife so need to arrange agistment. I know there are several pony clubs around.
Son 12, is mad on soccer and cricket and will be looking to get him into a club as soon as we get there.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by teza
Thanks Teza
My background is in mental health nursing, however worked for many years as a team manager and more recently as a Program Manager - Counselling, Youth Services and Family Violence.
I will be looking for any health service / allied health management position when the time is right.

Daughter is 14 (today) and will be taking her horse, as will my wife so need to arrange agistment. I know there are several pony clubs around.
Son 12, is mad on soccer and cricket and will be looking to get him into a club as soon as we get there.

The most important things of course are a good coffee shop and a good pub!!
Old Aug 5th 2015, 11:45 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

The hospital has just had an upgrade in Busso, but as said I haven't lived there in 5 yrs although I still have loads of friends there! Any chance your on facebook, could easily source that info for you that way with loads of parents I know with kids the same age?
Old Aug 6th 2015, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Teza, see you on Facebook.

Anyone on here done the trip from Melbourne to the SW corner??

Any tips??
Old Aug 6th 2015, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi....I'm in Australind. Busso is beautiful for a holiday....not much for teenagers to do if that's a consideration....
Good luck with yr move
Old Aug 6th 2015, 11:56 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

No offence Mandy but when I left Busso my kids were 11+ yrs and I've been watching their friends turn into 16+ teenagers with plenty to do...
Old Aug 9th 2015, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Just looking at the high schools.
Is there a catchment area for Cape Naturalist College and Busselton High School?
Old Aug 9th 2015, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

My biggest regret was leaving Busso in 2003. should have stayed and completed my 4 year visa requirements.

Wonderful place lots of clubs for the kids back then, low crime etc. Your winter woolies from the peninsular will still be needed!!
Old Aug 11th 2015, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Cosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant future

Would you consider Bunbury? May have more work options for you there? Great school - Bunbury Cathedral Grammar which has huge blocks nearby (Gelorup?) that are really cheap. May have room for your horse there.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.