Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Businesses for sale in OZ

Businesses for sale in OZ

Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:41 pm
The Pork Pie man!

Wenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant future
Default Businesses for sale in OZ

Hi all,
We're about 10 weeks into our PR skilled ind visa application..and
We're thinking if eventually buying a business (a small craft bakery) in Queensland when we eventually make the move over.

I've found lots of individual websites advertising businesses on the net but I wondered if there is anything similar to the UK's 'Daltons Weekly' type of ad paper in Australia.

I feel after reading this forum that Oz is in desperate need of someone to go over and start making a decent quality Sausage roll and let's not forget the Pork Pies of course

Wenz
Old Oct 11th 2003, 4:55 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Businesses for sale in OZ

Originally posted by Wenz
Hi all,
We're thinking if eventually buying a business (a small craft bakery) in Queensland when we eventually make the move over.

I've found lots of individual websites advertising businesses on the net but I wondered if there is anything similar to the UK's 'Daltons Weekly' type of ad paper in Australia.

I feel after reading this forum that Oz is in desperate need of someone to go over and start making a decent quality Sausage roll and let's not forget the Pork Pies of course

Wenz
There are businesses for sale on www.realestate.com, but that all i know of im afraid.

Incidently, theres a little bakery for sale in Mount Gabier SA, that my wife used to go in as a kid. Its up for 48k with all equipment. Bargain
Old Oct 11th 2003, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Wenz
Hi,

Try www.businessforsale.com.au

Looks quite interesting.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Jeztechs has a spectacular aura aboutJeztechs has a spectacular aura aboutJeztechs has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

Here's a Sunshine Coast business resources page with all information regarding setting up business and regulations.

http://www.jeztechs.com/business_resources.htm

Jerry
Old Oct 12th 2003, 3:23 pm
The Pork Pie man!

Wenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant future

Thanks for the links..Some new ones there for me to wade through.
Very much appreciated

Wenz
Old Oct 13th 2003, 1:37 pm
arg
Forum Regular

arg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Wenz
Try http://www.apa.com.au
Old Oct 13th 2003, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

Having been here all of 2 months, I feel it my duty to inform you that in Aus everything appears to be a franchise. Try looking at any oz site and you can't find prices because all the stores are franchises and so are in competition with each other. We went to one Harvey Norman to buy beds and got a 10% discount at another branch. Same with clive peters and lots of others, you can play them off against each other.

There are also some "shops" around that employ 4 (Aus) people and don't appear to sell anything. I think these may have something to do with some of the business visas.

Anyway, it's now midnight here and bedtime

Mike.

Hi all,

Wenz

Last edited by Wendy&Mike; Jan 26th 2004 at 6:12 am.