Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Visa Applications..how long do they take?

Business Visa Applications..how long do they take?

Old Aug 11th 2005, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

SarahJane is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Business Visa Applications..how long do they take?

Hi

I've just been sent the forms for my business visa and wondered generally how long these things take to process? The company I am going to work for are looking at a start date at the end of Sept but that really doesn't seem far off! Any one got any practical experience of this??

The whole thing is very new to me and come very out of the blue..don't know what I am doing at all!!! Its scary :scared:

Thx
SJ
Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:37 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Visa Applications..how long do they take?

Hi Sarah,
We came over on a business visa and from sending in the application form it took just over 4 weeks to get it. so, yes, you could be working in Oz at the end of september! Hope this helps,

Tracey
Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Bounty Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I've just accepted a job in Sydney and sent the forms back to my new employer Friday 29th July. They told me the visa (457) will take between 3-6 weeks. I've not heard anything yet though - fingers crossed I'll hear soon!!

I've already looked into removals / flights / exporting my cat but can't actualy arrange anything til that visa comes through
Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bounty Girl
Hello, I've just accepted a job in Sydney and sent the forms back to my new employer Friday 29th July. They told me the visa (457) will take between 3-6 weeks. I've not heard anything yet though - fingers crossed I'll hear soon!!

I've already looked into removals / flights / exporting my cat but can't actualy arrange anything til that visa comes through
Hi there

Sounds familiar!! Feel like I am stuck in limbo at the moment...well been like that for the last couple of months really with interview and waiting to hear! Its such a scary prospect now that its real..although exciting at the same time isn't it?! Where are you heading to in Sydney..do you know?
Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SarahJane
Hi there

Sounds familiar!! Feel like I am stuck in limbo at the moment...well been like that for the last couple of months really with interview and waiting to hear! Its such a scary prospect now that its real..although exciting at the same time isn't it?! Where are you heading to in Sydney..do you know?
The Company have offices in Burwood - no idea where to live yet though.
Luckily I have just over two weeks leave from my current employment so my notice period shouldnt be too long. I'd like to think I'll be there before the end of September!
Limbo is exactly how i feel - I want to resign and tell people I have the job and make all the required arrangements but darent until that visa arrives.

Will you also be moving to Sydney?
Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Luckily I have just over two weeks leave from my current employment so my notice period shouldnt be too long. I'd like to think I'll be there before the end of September!
Limbo is exactly how i feel - I want to resign and tell people I have the job and make all the required arrangements but darent until that visa arrives.

Yep, I am Sydney bound! My job will be in Castle Hill which is the NW area of Sydney (quite a way from the city) but plan to live more central so am not so isolated?! It all feels so surreal, its one of those things I always wanted to do...I actually applied for the job over 2 years ago! and now its real its freaking me out!!
Do you know Sydney well? Any ideas where you plan to live?
Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Business Visa Applications..how long do they take?

Obviously am so freaked out I didn't read your post properly! Sorry...guess you don't know where you are going to live!!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Obviously am so freaked out I didn't read your post properly! Sorry...guess you don't know where you are going to live!!
Hey Sarah,
When are you hoping to fly out there?
On arrival I will be crashing with my new boss and his wife til I decide where to live, like you I dont want to be too isolated as I'll be going alone (well my cat too) so will have to make friends pretty quickly.
I've been to Sydney a few times but didnt spend too much time in the suburbs so really have no idea where to live til i get there.
I currently live in Warwickshire, what about you?

Leigh
Old Aug 11th 2005, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Business Visa Applications..how long do they take?

Hey Sarah,
When are you hoping to fly out there?
On arrival I will be crashing with my new boss and his wife til I decide where to live, like you I dont want to be too isolated as I'll be going alone (well my cat too) so will have to make friends pretty quickly.
I've been to Sydney a few times but didnt spend too much time in the suburbs so really have no idea where to live til i get there.
I currently live in Warwickshire, what about you?

Leigh
Hi Leigh

I'm hoping to fly out the last week of Sept to start work beginning of Oct. My company provide accomodation for the 1st month as part of the relocation package, but its out in Castle Hill, so I will be looking for somewhere to rent pretty soon after arriving. I spent quite a bit of time in Sydney, living in Coogee and Glebe during my WHV in 1998 and then have been back twice for short holidays, including ealier this year. Still not that sure where I will live though! Got loads to sort here before I go..how about you? What are your timings? Oh and I live in Berkshire where today its nice and sunny..would much rather be outside than stuck at work!!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi Leigh

I'm hoping to fly out the last week of Sept to start work beginning of Oct. My company provide accomodation for the 1st month as part of the relocation package, but its out in Castle Hill, so I will be looking for somewhere to rent pretty soon after arriving. I spent quite a bit of time in Sydney, living in Coogee and Glebe during my WHV in 1998 and then have been back twice for short holidays, including ealier this year. Still not that sure where I will live though! Got loads to sort here before I go..how about you? What are your timings? Oh and I live in Berkshire where today its nice and sunny..would much rather be outside than stuck at work!!
If all goes well I aim to move out there around the same time, sooner if I can. I just checked out Castle Hill on Google Earth and it is pretty far out from the City!
Are you going alone?
I've got loads to sort out and not that long to do it in. I've got a few quotes for removals - not too bad as I dont have that much stuff to take over but still cheaper than buying new when I arrive in Sydney.
Applied for permits for my cat (these take some time) - cant arrange quarrentine yet though.
I'm working in Solihull right now and it was sunny - not anymore
Old Aug 11th 2005, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

If all goes well I aim to move out there around the same time, sooner if I can. I just checked out Castle Hill on Google Earth and it is pretty far out from the City!
Are you going alone?
I've got loads to sort out and not that long to do it in. I've got a few quotes for removals - not too bad as I dont have that much stuff to take over but still cheaper than buying new when I arrive in Sydney.
Applied for permits for my cat (these take some time) - cant arrange quarrentine yet though.
I'm working in Solihull right now and it was sunny - not anymore
Yep, its a bit in the middle of suburbia isn't it? Having read a few threads here already seems its very much a family area too which is sort of why I have decided to be nearer to the city! I am now going alone :scared: but wasn't originally! Theres a long story attached to this one and don't want to bore you or the rest of people with it right now!! Another time maybe !
what work do you do or will you out there?
Old Aug 11th 2005, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Yep, its a bit in the middle of suburbia isn't it? Having read a few threads here already seems its very much a family area too which is sort of why I have decided to be nearer to the city! I am now going alone :scared: but wasn't originally! Theres a long story attached to this one and don't want to bore you or the rest of people with it right now!! Another time maybe !
what work do you do or will you out there?
Sorry to hear you now have to go alone - but good on you for still going through with it
I work in IT - one of the few females in a mans world! So will be sticking to that in Sydney. What about you?
This is going to be a big upheaval for me but i decided as I'm 30 this year it's now or never!
I have some friends who live out in Gosford but it's again bit too far out for work / city etc so wont be looking around there.

(If you want to contact me outside this forum i'm at [email protected])
Old Aug 11th 2005, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear you now have to go alone - but good on you for still going through with it
I work in IT - one of the few females in a mans world! So will be sticking to that in Sydney. What about you?
This is going to be a big upheaval for me but i decided as I'm 30 this year it's now or never!
I have some friends who live out in Gosford but it's again bit too far out for work / city etc so wont be looking around there.

(If you want to contact me outside this forum i'm at [email protected])
Hi Leigh

I'll drop you an email as looks like we're in the same boat eh!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Hi

I've just been sent the forms for my business visa and wondered generally how long these things take to process? The company I am going to work for are looking at a start date at the end of Sept but that really doesn't seem far off! Any one got any practical experience of this??

The whole thing is very new to me and come very out of the blue..don't know what I am doing at all!!! Its scary :scared:

Thx
SJ

There are a group of people in the same boat as you that can give you a wealth of information follow the link.....163 visa
Old Aug 11th 2005, 9:27 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried tracking your application online? Our 457 was managed by an Agent in Sydney - not sure how it was submitted but I was able to trace mine here:-

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa

You have to input the TRN number which you would have quoted on your medicals.

Hope it works for you!

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.