Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Visa 163

Business Visa 163

Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Business Visa 163

I have previously found a thread relating to the above visa. As mentioned on that thread there don't appear that many who are going to Aus this way. However, today I notice the thread is 78 pages long and is rather alot to trawl through, so I thought I would start another one.

My question is, after scanning the massive thread, most of you appear to be going to Perth on your business visa. Am I right in thinking this? Is anyone going to Adelaide?

We have send meds and police checks and are just waiting to renew sons passport before visa is hopefully issued. As yet business and house not for sale, as we want to make sure visa is in the bag (and are very scared)

Another question (which may have been answered on previous thread - sorry) How are you all going about selling your business, are you planning on using a business transfer agent or what?
Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default Re: Business Visa 163

Originally Posted by foxychic
I have previously found a thread relating to the above visa. As mentioned on that thread there don't appear that many who are going to Aus this way. However, today I notice the thread is 78 pages long and is rather alot to trawl through, so I thought I would start another one.

My question is, after scanning the massive thread, most of you appear to be going to Perth on your business visa. Am I right in thinking this? Is anyone going to Adelaide?

We have send meds and police checks and are just waiting to renew sons passport before visa is hopefully issued. As yet business and house not for sale, as we want to make sure visa is in the bag (and are very scared)

Another question (which may have been answered on previous thread - sorry) How are you all going about selling your business, are you planning on using a business transfer agent or what?
I think you will find all the answers to your questions in the aformentioned thread, its a bit of a trawl but worth it!
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wildmark
I think you will find all the answers to your questions in the aformentioned thread, its a bit of a trawl but worth it!

thanks for that, when I have a few spare hours I will take a look at it all. Good luck to all those going for it on the 163 visa.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 10:22 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by foxychic
thanks for that, when I have a few spare hours I will take a look at it all. Good luck to all those going for it on the 163 visa.
Hey FC...

Yeah, fair comment - 1000+ posts will take a while... maybe you'll need a few spare days rather than a few spare hours..!!

To answer your Q's: as far as I am aware, none of the 163'ers is heading to Adelaide. The majority are, as you've seen, going to south-west WA; a few are going to Brisbane and one is 'east coast' in general.

Some are selling their businesses through agents and some a just winding them down. Others have already sold.

Do pop in to the 163'ers. As Mark said, "its a bit of a trawl but worth it". Don't feel like you have to read the whole thing - feel free to ask anything you want, we don't mind repeating past information... we realise how long the thread has become. Here's the link to save you looking for it: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&goto=lastpost

All the best with your plans.
RT.