Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business/hobby idea for Expats in Aus

Business/hobby idea for Expats in Aus

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:28 am
Just Joined

ajec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Business/hobby idea for Expats in Aus

I've been following this site for some time (and trying to help when I can!)and thought someone might be intersted in a hobby or potential business that my hubby and I started a while ago but have run out of time to develop.

It's a website that connects migrants living in Australia with others who come from the same country or area. A bit like this site in that it offers a way of finding support, advice and friendship but designed for all nationalities living in Australia.

The site is up and running but as we are already self employed, we just don't seem to have the time to make the best of it. It has just sat there for 12 months but has still attracted almost 900 members!

We are looking for someone to take it over (not neccessarily for any money!) and we figure it needs a few hours per week to start developing it further. Anyway, if anyone's interested, have a look at www.connections.com.au and you can pm me if there's specific questions.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:38 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business/hobby idea for Expats in Aus

Originally Posted by ajec
I've been following this site for some time (and trying to help when I can!)and thought someone might be intersted in a hobby or potential business that my hubby and I started a while ago but have run out of time to develop.

It's a website that connects migrants living in Australia with others who come from the same country or area. A bit like this site in that it offers a way of finding support, advice and friendship but designed for all nationalities living in Australia.

The site is up and running but as we are already self employed, we just don't seem to have the time to make the best of it. It has just sat there for 12 months but has still attracted almost 900 members!

We are looking for someone to take it over (not neccessarily for any money!) and we figure it needs a few hours per week to start developing it further. Anyway, if anyone's interested, have a look at www.connections.com.au and you can pm me if there's specific questions.

Nice website and a great concept !
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wargod
Nice website and a great concept !
Thanks wargod - we've been here 10 years and wish a site like this had been available then!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:15 am
jaf
Just Joined

jaf is an unknown quantity at this point

hi! I'd already signed up as thought it was a great idea. Would be brill with development - good luck
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jaf
hi! I'd already signed up as thought it was a great idea. Would be brill with development - good luck

HI Jaf

Whereabouts (roughly!) are you in Rockingham? We're not too far away in Secret Harbour. In fact, husband left the house 5 mins ago to go to Rockingham!!

Sam
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jaf
Hi jaf

Thanks for that - I agree! For someone with a bit of time to devote to it, the site would be great and obviously there's a demand for it out there!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:54 am
jaf
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Thorpes
HI Jaf

Whereabouts (roughly!) are you in Rockingham? We're not too far away in Secret Harbour. In fact, husband left the house 5 mins ago to go to Rockingham!!

Sam
Hiya! Smythe street,off Victoria street near the beach. Staying with my parents for now but they're moving soon, only to Warnbro so still in the area. How long have you been here?

Janette x
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jaf
Hiya! Smythe street,off Victoria street near the beach. Staying with my parents for now but they're moving soon, only to Warnbro so still in the area. How long have you been here?

Janette x

Hi Janette

We've only been here since September, but bought a house in Secret Harbour the 2nd week we were here and are loving it.

Do you think you will stay down this way long term? Just about everyone on this site seems to go NOR!

Sam
Old Feb 4th 2005, 4:38 am
jaf
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Thorpes
Hi Janette

We've only been here since September, but bought a house in Secret Harbour the 2nd week we were here and are loving it.

Do you think you will stay down this way long term? Just about everyone on this site seems to go NOR!

Sam
P.M'd you !