Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Contract vs PAYG

Business Contract vs PAYG

Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:55 am
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough
Default Business Contract vs PAYG

what is the difference between Business Contract and PAYG?
i know that Business Contract can claim travel expences if he/she work in different state where they live, house rental, etc. from Tax
can PAYG employees do the same thing?
where can i find more info about PAYG?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:42 pm
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Contract vs PAYG

Originally Posted by NewOZ
what is the difference between Business Contract and PAYG?
i know that Business Contract can claim travel expences if he/she work in different state where they live, house rental, etc. from Tax
can PAYG employees do the same thing?
where can i find more info about PAYG?
www.ato.gov.au

Im assuming your refering to a contract for a piece of work you've been offered.
PAYG is normally a straight forward set up where you are effectively a regular employee and your tax/super etc are automatically deducted from your pay and you are paid the net amount into your bank.
Depending on the company/agency you may still be able to claim Living Away From Home Allowances(LAFHA) if you work interstate or overseas from your usual permanent residence.
By Business Contract I assume you mean setting up your own company and getting an ABN etc. In this instance the agency/company who you are working for would pay your company without deducting tax etc and it would be your responsibility to do so, you would generally use an accountant to work out the best structure of running your company etc.
Steve