Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class flights to UK

Business Class flights to UK

Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:16 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Business Class flights to UK

It's Chris's 50th birthday next year and we are going back to UK for a family party.

As part of his pressie, I want him to fly business class, but.......

which is the best value airline?

Thai Airways seem the cheapest at the moment (A$6600 vs A$10500 Qantas or BA) and the food is bound to be good! but is the rest of the service (and most importantly seats/beds) as good or is it worth paying the extra for the flatbeds you get on qantas or ba?

Thai Airways say that their flat bed service is on "limited flights" so does anybody know if that includes perth - london ?
Old Aug 9th 2008, 2:38 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class flights to UK

Perth - BKK you will definitely get the old style seats - these are not great, really old fashioned now. I flew BKK to London on one of these a couple of years back - the service, food etc was great, although I've heard Thai have done a lot of cost cutting since then.

Onwards to London you'd have a pretty good chance of getting the new seats BUT there is no guarantee. Thai is notorious for aircraft substitutions so even if you are scheduled to be on a 'new seat' plane that could very well change.

The lounge in the old BKK airport was beautiful though, one of the best I've been in - would imagine the new airport has similar facilities.

I think the ultimate BC experience would currently be on the Singapore Airlines A380 through to London - but yeah, you'll get stung for that!
Old Aug 9th 2008, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice
Default Re: Business Class flights to UK

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
It's Chris's 50th birthday next year and we are going back to UK for a family party.

As part of his pressie, I want him to fly business class, but.......

which is the best value airline?

Thai Airways seem the cheapest at the moment (A$6600 vs A$10500 Qantas or BA) and the food is bound to be good! but is the rest of the service (and most importantly seats/beds) as good or is it worth paying the extra for the flatbeds you get on qantas or ba?

Thai Airways say that their flat bed service is on "limited flights" so does anybody know if that includes perth - london ?
I use Singapore airlines or Emirates airlines both Bussiness class lounges in Singapore and Dubai are very good hot meals at both not biscuit's and cake like you get with Qantas and British airways, Singapore as the edge on the seats, If you use Emirates you will get complimentary chauffeur-driven car to airport and from airport, Do not use Qantas or Ba the service is crap