Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Thanks Again BCWORLD for posting this. Am now counting down the days to the flight to the UK, first time in three years i will have been back and have a beautiful new nephew to cuddle.

Thanks Again

Jane
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:07 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

No share miles promo following the buy/gift one this time around...maybe it's the end!

Pity...at US$0.91 this morning too.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

I looked at that this morning to see what the new offer was. I'll keep an eye for it later on in the year.

Seats now confirmed, cases being dusted off, wardrobe being sorted and crash diet started!!!!!!!

Jane
Old Aug 16th 2010, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

It's back - sort of!

"Buy miles between August 16 and September 15, 2010 and you could earn up to a 100% Bonus
Buy or Gift 1,000 - 9,000 miles and get a 25% Bonus
Buy or Gift 10,000 - 24,000 miles and get a 50% Bonus
Buy or Gift 25,000 - 39,000 miles and get a 75% Bonus
Buy or Gift 40,000 - 50,000 miles and get a 100% Bonus

Offer available for purchases made between August 16 and September 15, 2010, 11:59 PST. Bonus mile amounts will be awarded upon completion of the transaction. The maximum number of Buy and/or Gift Bonus miles that can be received by one member for this offer is 50,000 bonus miles. All miles purchased beyond this limit will not be eligible for a bonus. Offer is subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Only purchases made online are eligible for the bonus. Miles purchased through Buy, Share or Gift Miles do not count towards Dividend Miles Preferred status. All other Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply. Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift miles. All purchases are non-refundable".

Not quite as good as before, as only up to 50,000 bonus miles per person in total, but still a pretty good deal.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I had my flight back to the UK last week and I was pleasantly surprised by Thai. I'd read reviews on standards of aircraft but both were pretty up to date although the flight into Bangkok from Perth had a weird seat where you had to push your weight through your legs to keep the foot rest down.

Food was pretty good but breakfast before London was a bit disappointing.

For the price, I had absolutely no complaints at all.

I still prefer BA though. I like their business class as the seats are opposite to each other and there is a little blind that you can use for privacy between you and your next door passenger. On Thai you don't get that and I did have an annoying man from Essex the entire 13 hours who insisted on telling me all about his Thai Bride!
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:20 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Not quite as good as before, as only up to 50,000 bonus miles per person in total, but still a pretty good deal.
Haha...they just can't help themselves!

As you say buying 50k+50k then 20k is still a great deal...exchange rates good at the moment too.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:21 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Kingseat
I still prefer BA though. I like their business class as the seats are opposite to each other and there is a little blind that you can use for privacy between you and your next door passenger. On Thai you don't get that and I did have an annoying man from Essex the entire 13 hours who insisted on telling me all about his Thai Bride!
I'd pick the Club World seat over almost anything else...it's very well designed. Catering on BA can certainly be on the disappointing side as well though.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bcworld
I'd pick the Club World seat over almost anything else...it's very well designed. Catering on BA can certainly be on the disappointing side as well though.
Very much do. BA seem to insist on that horrid salad dressing with everything!

Thanks again so much. I'll not be doing longhaul again for a while but will keep and eye on more deals.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 3:06 am
Just Joined

jedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nice

just wanted to say a quick thanks for this , i travel back to Uk every 8 weeks or so ( various reasons don't ask) so any savings are appreciated !! I always fly FROM UK so flights are a hell of a lot cheaper

bought my 150k miles on last day of promo after catching the thread just in time and have just booked manchester-frankfurt-bangkok-mel then in dec ember mel -bangkok-LHR- man... as a mix of first and business... total cost circa £1565 compared to the normal £3-3.5k i pay business !!!

pretty much all places i need to go anyway with a few hours to kill in each and a stop in BK for a few days on way out !!

if it comes around again id just like to advise it it was really easy to do after a bit of practice on ANA to get the itinerary right before speaking to US, but anyway they were hugely friendly and helpful.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jedly1
if it comes around again
It's back already - see further up the page!
Old Aug 18th 2010, 8:12 am
Just Joined

jedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nice

lol .. yeah noticed it when cheking over my post for typos ... busy planning my next trip !!

Last edited by jedly1; Aug 18th 2010 at 8:15 am.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:16 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Well, my wife thinks that my flying nerd obsession is an annoyance. That was until today when I pulled out two first class tickets to London in December, thanks to US Air, and then a couple of Singapore Business class tickets to Singapore for the weekend of my 40th birthday, oh so close in January.

All for a lot less money that the 1 Singapore business class return ticket I had to buy.

I know the glory will be short lived. I expect a return to normal levels of service by tea time. Shows what you can do with some hard work trawling the interweb.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

this looks very good...
now.. with the 12 day standown.. it leaves me about 5 -6 days before i have to fly..
who reckons that there will be still flights left ( NZ to LAX) with only 5 days to go

dont know if i cant wait.. as i expect the prices nearer the flying time ( if i didnt get this deal.. will be a bit of an eye opener!)

wish i had seen this thread alot earlier.. say last year..
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:14 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by DeepSix
who reckons that there will be still flights left ( NZ to LAX) with only 5 days to go
...from where? What dates are you looking at?

Seats in NZ business seem very hard to get when I've looked...Centurion seems to have some success with NZ though.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:38 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
...from where? What dates are you looking at?

Seats in NZ business seem very hard to get when I've looked...Centurion seems to have some success with NZ though.
That's only because I look at expert flyer and have to do it way out though and pretty much forget it for 2 people. Those seats are next to impossible on the LAX run sadly. I think you'd have more chance of winning the lottery than getting seats on Air NZ at such short notice

I have a mad plan for next year of going to the US the other way round though on points and seeing how many bottles of champagne it took to get there.

I think I need professional help....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.