Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Feb 10th 2014, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

I totally forgot about 31/03

BC are there any other airlines that we could get from BKK to mainland Europe (in 1st) >MAN? I could keep an eye open on awardtravlr or awardnexus.
If not 1st then a better business product than LH.

I'm gutted about missing the a380 and flying the longest leg in business.
I think another call to US might be worth it considering the 9hr stop.

I would be happy to reroute the BKK to MAN. We will not land in MAN until 22:40 and will have to be picked up by the oldies. They won't be happy with such a late night.

Any suggestions?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 3:23 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keefymonster
I totally forgot about 31/03

BC are there any other airlines that we could get from BKK to mainland Europe (in 1st) >MAN? I could keep an eye open on awardtravlr or awardnexus.
If not 1st then a better business product than LH.

I'm gutted about missing the a380 and flying the longest leg in business.
I think another call to US might be worth it considering the 9hr stop.

I would be happy to reroute the BKK to MAN. We will not land in MAN until 22:40 and will have to be picked up by the oldies. They won't be happy with such a late night.

Any suggestions?
For F...you're out of luck I think.

For a better seat I would do the following. Arrive at BKK at 3AM on the 19th.

Get a room at the airport Novotel (you'll be tucked up in bed by 0400!) - you have the room for 24 hours. Get some sleep. Have some breakfast, hang out at the pool or take a trip into Bangkok on the train (20 mins).

Then leave at 1AM the next day to Stockholm (20th) so 22 hour stopover - the operating aircraft is the new TG 777 with full flat beds in business.

[KVS Availability Tool 7.3.4/Diamond - Awards/StarAlliance/JP-ANA-STD]
Code:
BKK  Bangkok Metro / Suvarnabhumi Intl TH = BKK DMK [VTBS]
ARN  Stockholm Arlanda SE [ESSA]
SUN  20 Apr 2014 | 2 Seats

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------
TG         960     BKK   01:10     ARN   07:00     773  0   FS/  CS+  YS-
Connect to:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.3.4/Diamond - Awards/StarAlliance/JP-ANA-STD]
Code:
ARN  Stockholm Arlanda SE [ESSA]
MAN  Manchester Intl UK [EGCC]
MON  21 Apr 2014 | 2 Seats

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------
SK         2547    ARN   08:05     MAN   09:35     736  0   FS/  CS+  YS+
SK         2549    ARN   16:25     MAN   17:55     73W  0   FS/  CS+  YS+
...yes the connection is 65 mins - it's legal, the minimum is 60. Get's you to MAN at 0935.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

That's a good idea!
I'll run that by the boss ;o)

Thanks mate!
Old Feb 10th 2014, 3:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keefymonster
That's a good idea!
I'll run that by the boss ;o)

Thanks mate!
You're going to have more of an issue with US if they've already ticketed the previously agreed changes. They'll be looking for their $150pp.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

keefy - if it's any consolation i had a similar bullshit run around this afternoon with Thai & Avianca. At least US Airways speak English ... lol
Old Feb 10th 2014, 6:54 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by phat-dave
keefy - if it's any consolation i had a similar bullshit run around this afternoon with Thai & Avianca. At least US Airways speak English ... lol
Yup...I'd far rather be dealing with US over this than AV!

I have a booking in December through LifeMiles for SYD-BKK-LHR...currently for the winter timetable TG472 is still timetabled to depart at 5pm like it does now. However I don't trust TG one bit to leave it that way - I've booked a backup plan B on Etihad using Velocity points.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Keefymonster - we flew back from Brazil on a Lufthansa flight with a business class slopey seat last year. It certainly wasn't Thai first, but it was OK. It was a night flight and we got a reasonable amount of sleep.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Louie.

The boss has said stick with what we have.
But the irony......
We obviously didn't want to spend 8hrs in the lounge at SYD so looked into changing our VA flight to Sidney to a later flight.
Virgin had already changed it to a flight arriving at 15:55 without so much as an email. So, if THai hadn't changed their flight we would not have known any different missed the connection anyway.

What is it with these airlines? I never pay particular regards to the TOC.
They provide a service which I'm prepared to pay for.

But, do the rules really say that once they have confirmed a flight they can stuff you around as much as they like?
Old Feb 14th 2014, 12:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/133547
Old Feb 14th 2014, 12:52 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Hee hee yes, I do have an Alaska account!

In other news Singapore Airlines Suites is sporadically available between SIN<>SYD using LifeMiles (Up to 14 days prior to departure only) if anyone fancies a treat and..."a class above First".
Old Feb 14th 2014, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

Ok a bit odd question I know. For some reason I am not successful in upgrading my economy to business on SQ, I guess there are no seats on my days. But we decided to head to Tahiti and I can't use LM for that so here is my question: Would you bcw or anyone else know whether there is a way to check airline loads as exploring using airline staff benefits and fly on ID90. Just worried a bit about the loads.... AKL-PPT on 18.3. And back on 26.3.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 5:31 am
Frequent Flyer Member

So has anyone had their US account status level mysteriously upgraded? Lots of reports of people who have only ever bought and used miles being upgraded to silver, gold and in some cases platinum! I believe gold and platinum will become OneWorld Sapphire and Emerald = access to the Qantas lounge!

Me? Absolutely nothing! Offended - I think I deserve some commission!
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Me? I got as much as you BC!
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all

Me too, double checked but nothing.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 11:19 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger all for me too. USAir is now off my Christmas card list

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.