Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Feb 17th 2013, 10:22 am
Just Joined

blue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant futureblue_hotel has a brilliant future
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

I noticed the availability with Lifemiles seemed to be pretty good, and I may look at it again.

With the AA deal, we are looking at one way business and return cattle, which for $1800 is a good deal, I think. It will be with Finnair which has fully flat seats on business.

Alternatively, we may go business one way and return with Lifemiles on business too. I'll have to look into it.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 8:08 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Does Lifemiles program allow one way at half the miles of return?
Old Feb 18th 2013, 8:09 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Does Lifemiles program allow one way at half the miles of return?
Yes.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 10:18 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Once again we are victims of no communication about flight changes from US Airways! Went to Thai's Brisbane office today to confirm our itinerary and discovered that we were on TG471 BKK-SYD as expected - but on 11th May, not the 10th. A phone call to US elicited the information that Thai had cancelled the flight on the 10th so they had rebooked us on same flight on the 11th - only no-one bothered to tell us. A call to Thai and then another one to US got us on to TG475 on the evening of the 10th, so we will get back to Sydney in time to get our flight back to Brisbane.

ALWAYS check your flights a few weeks before leaving as US don't bother to pass on any changes made by your carrier.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 10:25 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

People are getting some pretty good deals. My best was last year, used Qantas FF points for Perth - Hong Kong - Perth, and paid $3,200 for business Hong Kong - Manchester - Hong Kong on Emirates, on the 380.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 11:19 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Once again we are victims of no communication about flight changes from US Airways! Went to Thai's Brisbane office today to confirm our itinerary and discovered that we were on TG471 BKK-SYD as expected - but on 11th May, not the 10th. A phone call to US elicited the information that Thai had cancelled the flight on the 10th so they had rebooked us on same flight on the 11th - only no-one bothered to tell us. A call to Thai and then another one to US got us on to TG475 on the evening of the 10th, so we will get back to Sydney in time to get our flight back to Brisbane.

ALWAYS check your flights a few weeks before leaving as US don't bother to pass on any changes made by your carrier.
I create a browser bookmark which opens my reservation directly - it's then really easy to check it often. If anything has happened it will have a button asking you to accept changes...if you don't like what you see you give em a call & try and work something out.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all

Hi bcworld, due you mean to check the reservation with US Airways or with Thai. I'm flying in a few weeks, it's our son's wedding and would panic if I turned up and I had missed changes!!
Cheers
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:39 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nic75
Hi bcworld, due you mean to check the reservation with US Airways or with Thai.
I think bcworld is referring to checking your booking on the Dividend Miles site - I haven't tried that. I checked the flight details with Thai, but any booking changes have to be made through US Airways.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:09 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
I think bcworld is referring to checking your booking on the Dividend Miles site - I haven't tried that. I checked the flight details with Thai, but any booking changes have to be made through US Airways.
Yup. I have a bookmark on my My Yahoo page that is like this:

http://reservations.usairways.com/De...&source=Shares

XXXXXX = My Booking Reference
YYYYYYYYYYY = My US Airways Member Number

...and change the deptDate to your actual departure date.

A month or so ago there was a button shown to Accept Changes due to a half hour schedule change. I think it should show after any change to the booking.

All negotiation over changes has to be done with US...Thai cannot touch your booking until probably about 24 hours before departure and then after that.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:31 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

First time we used Dividend Miles (2011) we just assumed that once the booking was made it was locked in. We got to the check-in at Brisbane for the flight to BKK only to be told that there was only one business seat BKK-LHR and one of us would have to either take a different flight or travel in cattle class! Fortunately the ramp manager at BNE managed to sort that out so we both had business seats on all legs, but it is because of that experience that I double checked this time - and am very glad I did!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

cherokee
I assume this is after you got confirmation of your flights
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:25 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

heres a good article about various kangaroo route options
http://www.ausbt.com.au/the-other-ka...-get-to-london
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:09 am
Frequent Flyer Member

From that article...I just booked me a couple of these:

Not available generally for Star Alliance redemption but for some reason LifeMiles has availability on routes between SIN and Australia.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Oh...it talks about Thai A380 but the A380 doesn't fly to Australia or London so I'm not sure why!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 5:19 pm
Daffyd Duck

anyone tried these cheap canton routes ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.