Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jan 5th 2013, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Hi We have just returned from Christmas in the UK we did not book until June
and travelled First class with Thai Airways.
One statement a total 100% value for money $3300 very well spent, no complaints at all we used the KV tool to search for our flights.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by louiseos
WOW, I don't think I could've handled that stress before getting on such a long flight with bubs.

Would you believe USAirways actually quoted $2,535 for bubs to sit on our laps. After speaking to 5 different staff members, they eventually told me that once the adult tickets are issued then we would be required to contact the airline directly with out ticket number and they would work out the total cost for bubs, which is the $1,773 (or $1,422 if I only pay for her as far as FRA when we then change to Lufthansa to get to DUB). I am considering contacting Lufthansa directly to see what they might charge for adding her to the ticket, but if there's any saving to be made it will be minimal.

All up, going on your experience Lisa and Martin, it appears that the cost being quoted for bubs is the 'norm.
Ah Louise08 - ive been following your updates about taking bub on the flight with you - will you keep us updated with the outcome?

Me and DH travelled on US points 2 years ago back home to the UK and are hoping to do the same this year - this time we will have a 6 month old. I was assuming that the cost for bubs would be maybe around the $500 - $750 mark but it sounds like thats not the case!! Ive already bought all the points we need - its a lot of extra cost to find an extra $2k + for a little person who doesnt need their own seat, and who doesnt eat the food or drink the champagne lol I hope that you get a better outcome!!

Good luck - I will be interested to read how you get on as I will be trying to book ours soon

Koolcat
Old Jan 6th 2013, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

We ended up getting our little boy his own US Airways miles account - on the basis that if I'm going to pay that amount just to have him on my lap, I may as well spend the same amount buying miles when they come up on special offer and get him his own seat. We're always going to use the miles between us one way or another. There's no lower age limit for having a miles account so this is something you might want to consider if you think you will be visiting the UK every couple of years or so.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

sigourner is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone,

I just stumbled across this topic as I'm looking to travel back to the UK in March/April, I've looked through a few pages but wanted to see if anyone knows if these airmile offers are still available, would be great to upgrade past economy if I can :-)

Christopher
Old Jan 9th 2013, 6:45 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sigourner
Hey everyone,

I just stumbled across this topic as I'm looking to travel back to the UK in March/April, I've looked through a few pages but wanted to see if anyone knows if these airmile offers are still available, would be great to upgrade past economy if I can :-)

Christopher
There is nothing running at the moment...it probably won't be long until something is though.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

OK thanks, I know this is a stupid question and is probably answered in this thread somewhere but seeing as there are 80 pages any chance you could point me in the direction of the airmile things I should join?? :-)
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Can some one please confirm a seats for me?

I'm looking at 2 award seats, first class BKK to MXP TG940
7/9/13 Dep 12:40am

Award traveler shows availability. Just tried to book with US Airways, they can't see the seats as available.

Are they there?

Thanks in advance

Keef ;o)
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keefymonster
Are they there?
Yes, according to ANA. US often have problems finding flights which depart shortly after midnight. Ask them to look on the previous day.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

OK thanks, I know this is a stupid question and is probably answered in this thread somewhere but seeing as there are 80 pages any chance you could point me in the direction of the airmile things I should join?? :-)
How about reading the very first post in this thread?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Louie. You're a star!

I'll call again.........
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:31 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Louie. You're a star!

I'll call again.........
Good advice from louie...I'm sure that will be the issue. A decent agent will probably be aware of the issue...but it might be hard to explain to one of the bad ones! Incidentally I had friend book 2 seats in F on TG940 the other day & they didn't have an issue...but it sounded like they also had a good agent.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

I think I know exactly what you mean with 'the bad ones'

I was so not looking forward to calling US airways back.

Talk about a good agent, all done and dusted in less than 16 minutes including the automated BS at the start of the call.

I even got email confirmations and that is a first......

Happy!

Thanks for your help.

Keef ;o)
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:32 am
Frequent Flyer Member

I think I know exactly what you mean with 'the bad ones'

I was so not looking forward to calling US airways back.

Talk about a good agent, all done and dusted in less than 16 minutes including the automated BS at the start of the call.

I even got email confirmations and that is a first......

Happy!

Thanks for your help.

Keef ;o)
Great!

Makes such a huge difference when you get someone competent!
Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louie
How about reading the very first post in this thread?
Yeah I've done that but as that was nearly three years ago now I was wondering if anything had changed, different companies or deals to look out for or is everyone just going through the same US Airways miles deal?
Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:06 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Yeah I've done that but as that was nearly three years ago now I was wondering if anything had changed, different companies or deals to look out for or is everyone just going through the same US Airways miles deal?
If you want to be ready for any offers you should sign up STRAIGHT AWAY for Dividend Miles and here. Don't wait until you hear about offers running as you may not be eligible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.