Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Dec 30th 2011, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Apologies, I know this has been asked many times before but perhaps it needs a reminder every few pages.

How on earth do you check availabilities using reward points. I know you need to call to book, but some people seem to be able to look online to check availability before they do that.

Mr BS has been looking for about 30 minutes now and is becoming very shouty because he can't find it.

He did join ANA as we thought that was one way of checking but cannot even find it through their website.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 11:20 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Apologies, I know this has been asked many times before but perhaps it needs a reminder every few pages.

How on earth do you check availabilities using reward points. I know you need to call to book, but some people seem to be able to look online to check availability before they do that.

Mr BS has been looking for about 30 minutes now and is becoming very shouty because he can't find it.

He did join ANA as we thought that was one way of checking but cannot even find it through their website.
I use this this https://www2.aeroplan.com/adr/AirBooking.do
there are others that have been posted around the thread

and ignore the points they quote before you ask lol

km
Old Dec 30th 2011, 11:22 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts

I now use continental.com

You can search Star Alliance award availability without a login.

Then when you get the results you need to see options in the SaverPass...NOT EasyPass column.

It is still better to search for sectors seperately e.g SYD-BKK and BKK-LHR rather than SYD-LHR although Continetal can be quite good at putting it together.

And yes, as per Aeroplan...ignore the miles quoted...please!!!
Old Dec 30th 2011, 11:34 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmthor
BC/all
This site is a great to check seats of all types by flight number

www.seatexpert.com

km
They can be good...the other common example being Seatguru...sometimes I think they cause more problems than they're worth as well...people take everything they see on them as gospel. Quite often the information is inaccurate...Seatguru for example insists that some Thai 777s have old fashioned recliners in business when that hasn't been the case for more than 2 years.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 2:47 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bcworld
They can be good...the other common example being Seatguru...sometimes I think they cause more problems than they're worth as well...people take everything they see on them as gospel. Quite often the information is inaccurate...Seatguru for example insists that some Thai 777s have old fashioned recliners in business when that hasn't been the case for more than 2 years.
Anyone done the Thia air BNE to BKK on the Boeing 777-300ER if so what was it like.
couldnt find anything searching the thread but i thought i had seen something

km
Old Dec 31st 2011, 3:02 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by kmthor
Anyone done the Thia air BNE to BKK on the Boeing 777-300ER if so what was it like.
couldnt find anything searching the thread but i thought i had seen something

km
It's actually 777-300...not ER...if you saw that on Continental.com it has a habit of listing the aircraft wrong.

It's nice, looks like this:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Thai-...b93635ff7bdf11
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Thai-...b93635ff7bdf11

There is no F class onboard.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

Am i right in thinking that we cant use Singapore airlines even though it comes up when searching?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by treefingers
Am i right in thinking that we cant use Singapore airlines even though it comes up when searching?
If it comes up you can probably book it. But you are likely confined to the lesser business class products found on selected aircraft...not those on the A380 and 777-300ER (i.e. you won't get a seat SIN - LHR or MAN). You can book SQ economy on any flight.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

Originally Posted by bcworld
If it comes up you can probably book it. But you are likely confined to the lesser business class products found on selected aircraft...not those on the A380 and 777-300ER (i.e. you won't get a seat SIN - LHR or MAN). You can book SQ economy on any flight.
Ah yes I see now, nothing on the A380 but can get a Sin - Mel on the 777-300.

hopefully I'll go ahead & book tonight, going to head back for the last week of the Olympics
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by treefingers
Ah yes I see now, nothing on the A380 but can get a Sin - Mel on the 777-300.

hopefully I'll go ahead & book tonight, going to head back for the last week of the Olympics
If you really want to check the operating aircraft check the flight number on the SQ wesbite. Continental.com has a habit of adding ER to everything Boeing!

The A380 and 777-300ER have SQ's very wide business class seats that they are obviously so proud of they've pretty much blocked them to frequent flyer awards. Actually, a lot of people don't find them that comfortable.

777-300 has the regional business class product which is probably pretty much on a par with Thai's seats...just a lot newer.

Another thing is SQ plays with the MEL and SYD schedule so often that many people book on one aircraft and find themselves flying on something else later...so your 777-300 could become A380...who knows!
Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:35 am
Banned

FYI
you might want to this in mind

Quick ticketing fee

A quick ticketing fee of $75 applies to award reservations made within 21 days of travel. (Before February 15, the quick ticketing fee window was within 14 days of travel.) This fee is waived for Dividend Miles Gold, Platinum and Chairman's Preferred members.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 4:48 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Just had some happy friends return from the UK on Thai flights booked through US...the best bit, even as award passengers with a baby they were upgraded to first on the way back!
Old Jan 7th 2012, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

common US i'm hanging out for the next lot of 50+50 bonus miles to purchase
Old Jan 7th 2012, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Iv read and re-read but I still don't get this thread..

Any who, iv found the cheapest flights from Manchester to Brisbane in cattle class are Singapore for me..
Old Jan 7th 2012, 7:39 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Iv read and re-read but I still don't get this thread..

Any who, iv found the cheapest flights from Manchester to Brisbane in cattle class are Singapore for me..

Heresy!

Please never darken this thread again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.