Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Just stocked up again, got 200k miles now

Gonna be going hom ein style for a while!
Until they double the miles you need for each flight....
Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joshort
Hello, Im sorry if this has been asked before but I just recently joined the up for the airmiles, I believe you have to be joined for 11 days before you can buy them so I think im just about to miss out on the special offer, can my friend who has been a memeber for a while and used it before book the flight for me, and also the question is im looking to go back to the UK on the 23rd Sept do you need to give plenty of notice (bearing me mind its only a ticket for me)
Anyone can book a flight for someone else, so yes.

Extra US$75 for booking < 14 days of departure. At the moment, there is availability on Thai in business from Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne to Bangkok on 23 September (all early afternoon flights) but not onwards direct to Heathrow, so you'll have to see what is available via Europe on Thai, Swiss, SAS or Lufthansa, or alternatively fly via a different Asian city. You'll need to use the ANA website (my preference) or the Aeroplan one, which others prefer, to see what is available.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

I joined ANA but it only seems to let you search star alliance flights if you have their miles in the account.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Safin
I joined ANA but it only seems to let you search star alliance flights if you have their miles in the account.
1) Click on "ANA International Flight Awards"
2) Enter any (valid) city pairs and any (valid) dates (eg BKK and NRT)
3) Click "Next", NOT of Flight Search
4) Scroll all the way to the bottom
5) You should see "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines" button, click this to search *A availability.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by louie
Until they double the miles you need for each flight....
Yeah it's a risk but i'm looking to book some flight over the next few months so should be safe
Old Sep 13th 2011, 3:37 am
Jo short

joshort will become famous soon enoughjoshort will become famous soon enough

Anyone can book a flight for someone else, so yes.

Extra US$75 for booking < 14 days of departure. At the moment, there is availability on Thai in business from Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne to Bangkok on 23 September (all early afternoon flights) but not onwards direct to Heathrow, so you'll have to see what is available via Europe on Thai, Swiss, SAS or Lufthansa, or alternatively fly via a different Asian city. You'll need to use the ANA website (my preference) or the Aeroplan one, which others prefer, to see what is available.
thanks you so much, huge help
Old Sep 13th 2011, 7:41 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

New record. Brisbane to Phuket. J class. Booked and ticketed in under 10 minutes and even a thanks so much for giving me the flight numbers. To show the difference in taxes...$120...
Old Sep 13th 2011, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Zurich to Bangkok on Swiss

OR

Munich to Bangkok on Thai

Both in first. Which to choose?
Old Sep 13th 2011, 9:07 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Zurich to Bangkok on Swiss

OR

Munich to Bangkok on Thai

Both in first. Which to choose?
Swiss. Much better product on board. The F lounge in Zurich is lovely.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 2:11 am
Jo short

hello everyone, I'm really sorry as I'm very new to this and I'm really struggling , Please can someone help me, I want to book a single flight from Sydney to London leaving on the 22nd Sept (evening only) or any time on the 23rd Sept and return on the 7th October. But I don't know how to check the availability ?? maybe I am being dumb been on the aeroplane website, pls can someone whos done this before help me as I only have one day left!!!

thank you xx

p.s I will make it back for my dads 60th surprise party!!!

p.p.s I'm going to my friends house to book it in about 6pm (Aus time) tonight! sorry for the last minute.com cry for help
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

You have to book on the phone not online. If you have skype there's a freephone US number 8004284322. They will search for you as you have such limited dates it shouldn't take too long.

Aeroplan -Click the USE YOUR MILES tab. Under the banner of TAKE FLIGHT there is a book now button, click this and voila travel reward search page.

Obviously you won't be booking but can still search availability there. If your chosen dates don't have what you want you can then click the calendar tab at the top which will show you dates flights are available. beware that sometimes flights show in the business space when they are in fact a mix of economy and business unless you check the little box to exclude those.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Giving up for this time round. Can't find 4 of us together when I need to go. So maybe delay til sept/oct school hols next year and wait to see if I can get miles next time they do the offer. Daren't get them now in case they still don't have any flights for those dates.

But should i get some just for me and upset everyone by going back alone again?????????
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

@joshort

I've had a look for you but the only way I've managed to make work going out in business is really lengthy - leaving Sydney 23/9 15.25 but not getting to Heathrow until 08.45 on 25/9. That would be nights either in the terminal or a hotel at both Bangkok and Munich.

If you could push it to First class (still a bargain but quite a lot more because you would have to buy more points without the discount, unless you took a punt on them restarting the offer within a couple of days, in which case you could buy 50,000 points now and put flights on hold for a couple of days), you could do:

25/9 TG478 SYD 15.25 - 21.55 BKK (but only in business which is a bit of a waste)
25/9 TG920 BKK 23.45 -06.00 (+1) FRA (first)
26/9 LH926 FRA 06.45 - 07.10 LCY (City not Heathrow and only economy)

45 mins in Frankfurt would be cutting it a bit fine, but I believe that if US allow it to be ticketed but you miss your connection, they have to put you on a later flight. Alternatively you could fly to Manchester in business at 07.30 or kick your heels in Frankfurt until 13.45 or 15.15, when there are flights to Heathrow in economy and business respectively.

All of these options are far from ideal so I've not looked at the return.

You should really have a good look at the ANA website, join up for their frequent flyer scheme and use the workaround above, splitting your journey into individual flights through as many intermediate airports as you can think of. The StarAlliance website also helps with route suggestions. If you could delay a couple of days you might have more options.

Also remember the bonus offer is available until 15/9 American time and they are well behind you in Sydney.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:32 pm
Jo short

wow thank you soooooo much, and to be honest I have left it too late... My dads suprise party is on the 24th Sept ....so I would miss it!! the purpose of my visit !!! I think I will leave it this time but I have joined up with all the websites now and when the special comes back on I will have more time to work it out. I will get my business class one day!! haha but once again THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking a look and helping me out its much appreciated, hope you have a lovey day xx JO
Old Sep 15th 2011, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

How about leaving a day earlier? You could do:

22/9 TG478 SYD 15.25 -21.55 BKK
23/9 TG930 BKK 00.05 - 07.05 CDG (Paris)

in business, then you'd either have to make your own way from Paris (as Paris isn't well served by StarAlliance airlines) to London on Eurostar or another airline or you could do (all flights in business):

23/9 LH3219 CDG 08.55 - 10.00 DUS and kick your heels or go and see what's what in Dusseldorf until
23/9 LH3388 DUS 20.55 - 21.20 LHR

or you could spend 23/9 in Paris, then

24/9 LH3219 CDG 09.25 -10.30 DUS
24/9 LH3384 DUS 16.40 - 17.05 LHR

getting home just before the party!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.