Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Hi All

Arrived in Uk after travelling Business and First class from Brisbane via Bangkok and Munich to Birmingham, have now been very spoilt and would not like to travel economy again.

Only downside for me was the 18hr layover in Bangkok, where i shopped and slept.

Thanks again BCWorld for originally posting, will definately use them again.

Jane
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:36 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeepSix
well its all done and dusted

had to change some of my flights.. but i am still off.. business flights all the way..
thanks for everyones help

cheers

Deep Six
Well done and enjoy !
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:57 am
Just Joined

richgina has a spectacular aura aboutrichgina has a spectacular aura aboutrichgina has a spectacular aura about

Hi all

Has anyone done this for a family of 2 adults and 2 kids from Perth to Manchester. We were thinking around 18/12/2010-05/01/2011. Could it benefit us at all or just better if you are a single person? Could we do it one-way or even fly to London instead. Would try anything to get the cost down from the $10,400 that Emirates want for return flight.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 1:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see everyone's still benefiting from US Airway's wonderful promos!

Hmmm, US$0.922 to the A$ this morning...I might have to top up my account, before this current one ends!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

currently sitting in the business lounge at Sydney enjoying the free food.. lovely ambiance and the free wifi.. and a little bit of booze!

wonderful

well done the OP for getting this deal out to the masses
Old Sep 9th 2010, 3:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richgina
Hi all

Has anyone done this for a family of 2 adults and 2 kids from Perth to Manchester. We were thinking around 18/12/2010-05/01/2011. Could it benefit us at all or just better if you are a single person? Could we do it one-way or even fly to London instead. Would try anything to get the cost down from the $10,400 that Emirates want for return flight.
You'd have virtually no chance of getting 4 seats in business on all legs. Quick check though shows that 4 seats in economy is probably doable on Thai - you might get your costs down to something approaching $2000 per person.

If you haven't already signed up for the US Airways program though it's too late to do so before this promotion ends (Sep 15th) because of the 12 day rule.

One ways are bookable but cost the same as return, you can't refund the miles for any unused sectors once you've flown the outbound.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bcworld
Glad to see everyone's still benefiting from US Airway's wonderful promos!

Hmmm, US$0.922 to the A$ this morning...I might have to top up my account, before this current one ends!
I don't fly till Dec !!! is it on again then?????
Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

k974 will become famous soon enough

hi,

When you buy you miles, how do you actually book your tickets, sorry for the stupid question but i just cant work it out. Thanks.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:29 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k974
hi,

When you buy you miles, how do you actually book your tickets, sorry for the stupid question but i just cant work it out. Thanks.
Once the miles are in your account and you have worked out the available route you want, you have to call them to make the booking. It cannot be done online.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by k974
hi,

If you have skype you can make a call free over that to the US airways 1800 number.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Once the miles are in your account and you have worked out the available route you want, you have to call them to make the booking. It cannot be done online.
Or you can put the flights on hold (for up to 3 days, unless you are intending to fly with Singapore Airlines) by ringing US Airways if you are reluctant to shell out for the miles without any guarantee of your flights being available, then buy the miles, then book the flights.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

US$0.933...excellent buying!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by bcworld
US$0.933...excellent buying!
Yes indeed. Tipped to go 94c this week. I've probably cursed that now.

That said, it's getting to the point where topping up miles without the bonus is tempting. I think it should be mandatory for people to post trip reports on this thread who use points to travel
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:51 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Centurion
Yes indeed. Tipped to go 94c this week. I've probably cursed that now.
Current special offer finishes on Wednesday (Pacific time) though...I think tonight's the night!

Also agree with the trip report idea...pics n'all!
Old Sep 14th 2010, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

k974 will become famous soon enough

do the miles expire? i've already booked to go in december wouldnt go again for at least a yr.

thanks for the info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.