Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:37 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yes airlines can make seats available to their frequent flyers but not those of other airlines - e.g. Singapore Krisflyers can get business etc on the A380 - if they are prepared to pay an outrageous amount of miles.

If you want to check availability sign up for the frequent flyer program of the Japanese airline ANA - I find what I see there always matches what I can get. I've tried Air Canada's too but the website rattles my cage!

Now, I haven't mentioned it before because this website is NOT FRIENDLY! It's also a bit like a US Airways call centre rep in that it won't put together routings for you - so if you search for PER - YVR it probably wont give you any options. You'd have to use a flight sector search and try and build it yourself.

e.g. for me asking for MEL - EDI gave me:

*We are sorry to inform you that there are no applicable direct or connecting flights.

But doing it myself MEL - BKK - FRA - EDI with back to back connections - no problems, called up US, gave them the dates and flight numbers, no mucking about - no problem!

Steve, I do think your proposed itinerary is a very tricky one though - I'd think twice.
Thanks for that info, we pretty much made our minds up last night that we we'rent going ahead and I think with what your saying and the knowledge that you have we're going to leave it.
If the offer had run until the end of April then id probably of waited till my flights we're avaiable and spent some more time on the phone trying to lock them in.
So hopefully the offer will come up again mid year and I can look at it again then.

I do appreciate all your help with it though. Your sure to win an award at the end of the year
Old Apr 1st 2010, 8:54 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Well.....they're at it again! US Airways - the airline that just keeps on giving!

I just looked at the buy, share, gift page to see if the promo had ended...and it has, sort of, now share miles for 100% bonus is active until 31st May!

So, if anyone has loaded up on miles you can share them with someone else and double up i.e. if you give away 50k - the second person gets 100k - it costs USD567.50 to do this - will have to work out how best to scam this one!

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...haremiles.html
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Booked my seats today with Thai whilst looking at seatguru.
Total cost of my ticket came to $2450 AUD when converted from USD inc of all taxes,charges,FX conversion etc.

Gotta be happy with that
Old Apr 1st 2010, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone flown Thai? I am reading a few bad reviews from London to Bangkok!
Old Apr 1st 2010, 11:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Yes me - it was very nice! There is a fairly tiny chance on that route you get an aircraft with older seats - I wouldn't be very chuffed if that happened.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I think that might be me! From London to Bangkok plus I think I may have such an old plane that it still has the big screen on the wall and they give you headphones to watch some random film!

Lets hope that changes before November!
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:06 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

I think that might be me! From London to Bangkok plus I think I may have such an old plane that it still has the big screen on the wall and they give you headphones to watch some random film!

Lets hope that changes before November!
Definitely not - London is always scheduled with the better product - but very occasionally they might have to sub an aircraft at the last minute.

There is still the big mainscreen thing despite the fact you also have your own IFE.

Stop worrying!
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not worried but would be disappointed which is coming across in some reviews I have read on line.. An age away yet though so forgetting about it all now until October!
Old Apr 1st 2010, 2:55 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Well.....they're at it again! US Airways - the airline that just keeps on giving!

I just looked at the buy, share, gift page to see if the promo had ended...and it has, sort of, now share miles for 100% bonus is active until 31st May!

So, if anyone has loaded up on miles you can share them with someone else and double up i.e. if you give away 50k - the second person gets 100k - it costs USD567.50 to do this - will have to work out how best to scam this one!

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...haremiles.html
Hmmmm, how about.....

Pax A buys 50,000 @ $1375 USD
Gifts them to Pax B hey presto 100K miles
Pax B buys 20,000m @ $550 USD

Total = $1925 USD = 2100AUD
Taxes $500 - still cheap for J on any airline.

Not sure if Pax B can then do reverse to Pax A? If os this could ping pong and the skies the limit (no pun intended!). Maybe get a friend to sign up as Pax C, and use their account?

BC, I assume you use the USAir website to check sectors? i.e. no Thai or Singapore? A little confused there as at pone point you were asking how Kingseat could check sectors which aren't listed, then said you'd checked for someone else in June? I like to have my homework done.

Cheers

Just booked J in EK for July - I wonder if I should have gone with this!
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:34 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Gifts them to Pax B hey presto 100K miles

Total = $1925 USD = 2100AUD
Taxes $500 - still cheap for J on any airline.
You've missed that Pax A has to pay to 'share' (not gift) with Pax B...$0.01 per mile + fees.

So actually it's:

Gifts them to Pax B hey presto 100K miles @567 USD

Total = $2492 USD = 2720AUD
Taxes $500 - still cheap(ish) for J on any airline.

...and as I mentioned yesterday I use the ANA website to check availability on sectors.

https://www.ana.co.jp/asw/AMCTopServlet?type=ae

You need to sign up for Mileage Club.

Last edited by bcworld; Apr 1st 2010 at 10:37 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't the best business class, but then you haven't paid top dollar for it either. Just the extra leg space for 24 hours makes the deal worth it IMHO. Enjoy!
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

You've missed that Pax A has to pay to 'share' (not gift) with Pax B...$0.01 per mile + fees.

So actually it's:

Gifts them to Pax B hey presto 100K miles @567 USD

Total = $2492 USD = 2720AUD
Taxes $500 - still cheap(ish) for J on any airline.

...and as I mentioned yesterday I use the ANA website to check availability on sectors.

https://www.ana.co.jp/asw/AMCTopServlet?type=ae

You need to sign up for Mileage Club.
We are looking to go to fly into Paris and out from London in september this year - 4 of us but not worried whether we all fly together.

Usng this scheme am I correct in thiking that we each buy airmiles then gift to each other and hey presto or am I missing something. Cheapest flights I can find at the mo are about $6,500 return and would rather not pay that if I don't have to.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 12:04 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Hi Hebe....do you mean 4 economy seats at $6500, or 1 in business at that price?
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hebe....do you mean 4 economy seats at $6500, or 1 in business at that price?

Business - don't do economy!! Well not long haul when I fly wih the OH
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 1:18 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
Business - don't do economy!! Well not long haul when I fly wih the OH
You might be stuck though. 4 award flights are tricky to find on the same plane over a few sectors. It's sometimes hard enough finding 2 together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.