Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Mar 29th 2010, 4:35 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by Kingseat
No, and I am getting a tad concerned. They said to me that Thai and Singapore are instant purchase so no holding for 3 days. I purchased my miles at 7 pm WA time last night but they are still not showing on my account. When I called this morning they said it can take 24 hours to show up though,.
Yes how is this going? I bought miles the other night...and did the gift thing...and in both cases logged out and back into my account and the miles were visible straight away.

Did you check out availability again before you bought the miles?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Yes they had some availability going out on Singapore and back on Thai which is fine but no, my miles are still not showing

Just phoned the UK and the payment has been debited from my credit card.

Last edited by Kingseat; Mar 29th 2010 at 6:07 am.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:17 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they had some availability going out on Singapore and back on Thai which is fine but no, my miles are still not showing

Did you get an email confirmation? Something like:

Dear BCWorld,
Dividend Miles #: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for buying Dividend Miles! We've updated your Dividend Miles account.

Confirmation Number: xxxxxxx
Name: BCWorld
Miles Purchased: 50,000 + 50,000 Bonus
Mileage Cost: $1,375.00
US Federal Excise Tax Recovery and GST (for Canadian residents only): $103.13
Total (billed to your card):* $1,478.13 USD
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Nope and neither has my husband who gifted me the extra 20,000 I need.

Their call centre opens at 7 am which is 7 pm WA time so I will give them a call again. Want it sorted out tonight
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, it seems a bit risky this idea. I think I would be scared of spending all that money on miles and then not getting the flights in business class anyway.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

The availability is still there but I just need my miles. US Airways are saying it is not them and I need to contact points.com

hhhmmmm wondering if this has been a mistake.

Last edited by Kingseat; Mar 29th 2010 at 6:50 am.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

The availability is still there but I just need my miles. US Airways are saying it is not them and I need to contact points.com

hhhmmmm wondering if this has been a mistake.
Please keep us posted
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

I suspect what will happen is that although a payment has been authorised on your card, there is some problem and the payment will not actually proceed.

Have a look at this thread from Flyertalk:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12942473-post143.html

There may be a problem with buying on the 11th day according to the thread - system might allow it but transaction fails. Only problem is that you now don't have much time to try and sort this out.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bcworld
I suspect what will happen is that although a payment has been authorised on your card, there is some problem and the payment will not actually proceed.

Have a look at this thread from Flyertalk:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12942473-post143.html

There may be a problem with buying on the 11th day according to the thread - system might allow it but transaction fails. Only problem is that you now don't have much time to try and sort this out.

OK, that's fine but until I speak to points.com tonight I won't know for sure what is happening so I am reluctant to proceed with another payment at this time. I should have enough time to sort things out as I "think" with time differences I have until midday in Perth on Thursday.

Last edited by Kingseat; Mar 29th 2010 at 7:57 am.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

OK, perhaps foolishly I tried again with the gift purchase costing $295. The points went straight through and are sitting on my account so what's been said on that other thread would appear to be correct. DON'T PURCHASE YOUR MILES UNTIL AT LEAST DAY 12.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

well, booked mine today (waited 12 days just in case!)

Went business (120,000 miles) but the operator confirmed i would be going 1st class woohoo - asked her to confirm this so fingers crossed!!!!

big thanks once again to BCworld

Cheers
Old Mar 30th 2010, 4:26 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by sammyg
well, booked mine today (waited 12 days just in case!)

Went business (120,000 miles) but the operator confirmed i would be going 1st class woohoo - asked her to confirm this so fingers crossed!!!!

big thanks once again to BCworld

Cheers
Nice one Sam!

Sounds a bit odd, but they may have you in business part of the way and first the rest...very lucky if you've managed that for 120k!

Simple way to find out would be to call up Thai (assume it's Thai?) in Aus for a seat assignment. Best to avoid the middle seat in business on the 777 - the 'E' seat.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

I am hoping to resolve this tonight. The call centre will only speak to me tonight following the missing miles from Saturday but I think I'll just go ahead with the second purchase - afterall either one of us may well go back later on again in the year or start of next so I doubt they will be wasted - unless you know otherwise BCW?

Thanks for your help with all of this.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:44 am
Frequent Flyer Member

I am hoping to resolve this tonight. The call centre will only speak to me tonight following the missing miles from Saturday but I think I'll just go ahead with the second purchase - afterall either one of us may well go back later on again in the year or start of next so I doubt they will be wasted - unless you know otherwise BCW?

Thanks for your help with all of this.
Hmmm, if you were to do a dummy purchase of miles now (not gift) does it still offer you the bonus? As you can only get a total of 50k bonus (buying) then if it is offering you bonus still then you can only assume that the first transaction was never processed. I think you'd really want to let the points.com people know that this is what you plan to do though.

I'm only thinking that the worst possible scenario would be that your first buy attempt eventually processed but you weren't eligible for the bonus and ended up paying $1400 for just 50k? I don't think this will happen but you really need to check it out first. Ideally get them to confirm that the first transaction is cancelled and the authorisation released from your credit card.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:30 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gutted... wished I'd seen this a few weeks ago... I just booked flights for May.. paid over $1900...I would happily of paid the extra for a flight that didn't leave me completely exhausted!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.