Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:58 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Singapore and Thai both fly out of Perth so the same as the East Coast. Will be quite happy into the likes of Amsterdam. Will wait and see.
One of the advantages of Perth is that Singapore allows business class redemptions on the plane that flies from there...and also on the 747 that flies to Frankfurt. In theory you could do a routing like PER - SIN - FRA - EDI (or similar via BKK) - better than transitting LHR in my opinion.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:05 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Safin
Ok just so I don't look a right amongst those who don't have to count the $ What do I have to pay for in 1st? What about in the lounges? Do I get to keep anything? I want a souvenir.
Pay for!?

Nothing. Or in the lounges. Not sure how long you have at Bangkok but there is a spa for first class passengers where you can book yourself in for a massage or other treatment.

http://www.thaiair.com/thai-services...orchid-spa.htm

Details on First lounges here:

http://www.thaiair.com/thai-services...rst-lounge.htm

For souvenirs you should get a nice amenity kit in first...the business class one was pretty nice. In fact you'll get 4 over the course of your trip! In first you'll get PJs as well which might make a nice souvenir!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

oo sounds good - quite fancy the spa treatment - even more if its free. Got about 6 hrs there on the way over - straight through coming home.

I read the info but didn't know if the lack of price meant - if you have to ask you can't afford it - or it meant free. I can see me gaining a few kilos just on the journeys!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I've flown business class 3 times (2 planed and 1 upgrade) on the 2 planned trips I always made sure we came down to Heathrow earlier than the usual flight they'd put you on just so we didn't rush and could enjoy things like the lounge.

The spa facilities with Molton Brown at Heathrow for BA are super.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:21 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
One of the advantages of Perth is that Singapore allows business class redemptions on the plane that flies from there...and also on the 747 that flies to Frankfurt. In theory you could do a routing like PER - SIN - FRA - EDI (or similar via BKK) - better than transitting LHR in my opinion.
Hi bcworld,
Ive only just seen this for the first time, so under pressure timewise I guesss...
i've had a quick scan through all the posts but you might be able to do me a huge favour and just clarify the following.
Im planning a trip to vancouver for somewhere around March/April next year (dates unlikely to be confirmed for another month or two, but there will be some flexibility) am I correct in thinking that I could sign up to the program, buy the miles etc now to take advantage of the deal.
But I dont need to actually book anything now?
Those points wont expire or anything?

Given the comment about them probably running the offer to get cash in, I guess there's a chance of something going wrong and losing the lot if they go belly up.

My routing to vancouver would probably be via the East coast and I dont think Thai or Singapore fly from here in that direction, so id probably be buying a seperate Qantas/Virgin ticket to get over there first but thats no issue.

When your checking the availabilty you can only do that by calling the US, correct? and they tap into the individual airlines to check routings/availability?

I presume I can check the miles i'll need for a specific route via that Dividend Miles link (rather than on each airlines website)?

Sorry for all the questions, manically busy at work and dont want to miss out on this one!
Thanks for posting this,
Cheers
Steve
Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:25 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
I've flown business class 3 times (2 planed and 1 upgrade) on the 2 planned trips I always made sure we came down to Heathrow earlier than the usual flight they'd put you on just so we didn't rush and could enjoy things like the lounge.

The spa facilities with Molton Brown at Heathrow for BA are super.
Shame BA as an airline isn't so super I fly Virgin now ex Heathrow. The Virgin Clubhouse is outstanding and I've been known to spend 6 hours there..
Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:27 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

May is such a dreary month imo. So the wife and I are off to LA for a week via Air NZ Business on points now.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Qantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Centurion
Shame BA as an airline isn't so super I fly Virgin now ex Heathrow. The Virgin Clubhouse is outstanding and I've been known to spend 6 hours there..
Once you've had a nice spa treatment and massage, filled your belly with some super eggs benedict, and gotten pissed on 3 kinds of bubbly (though sadly not of the Bollinger 1999 variety found in the BA Galleries), you will want to spend 6 hours in the Qantas First lounges too! A pity check in only opens 3 hours before most flights........
Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:39 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by steve99
Hi bcworld,
Ive only just seen this for the first time, so under pressure timewise I guesss...
i've had a quick scan through all the posts but you might be able to do me a huge favour and just clarify the following.
Im planning a trip to vancouver for somewhere around March/April next year (dates unlikely to be confirmed for another month or two, but there will be some flexibility) am I correct in thinking that I could sign up to the program, buy the miles etc now to take advantage of the deal.
But I dont need to actually book anything now?
Those points wont expire or anything?

Given the comment about them probably running the offer to get cash in, I guess there's a chance of something going wrong and losing the lot if they go belly up.

My routing to vancouver would probably be via the East coast and I dont think Thai or Singapore fly from here in that direction, so id probably be buying a seperate Qantas/Virgin ticket to get over there first but thats no issue.

When your checking the availabilty you can only do that by calling the US, correct? and they tap into the individual airlines to check routings/availability?

I presume I can check the miles i'll need for a specific route via that Dividend Miles link (rather than on each airlines website)?

Sorry for all the questions, manically busy at work and dont want to miss out on this one!
Thanks for posting this,
Cheers
Steve
Hi Steve....where do I start!?

Yes you can buy the miles now and book later - this is what I plan to do - you take your chances with the airline's solvency - don't foresee any issues there though. Miles expire if there is no activity on your account for 18 months - however you could prevent this by say buying 1000 miles at minimal cost. Or if you ever stay in hotels or use car hire with any of US Airways partners, add your US Airways number to earn a token number of miles that way. They also have a pay to keep your miles active option...not the best value though.

You can only get availability by ringing them up...it can be arduous! There is a possibility you would find a routing ex PER (you could consider via NZ?) but it would be even harder for the call centre staff to get their heads around! North America is slightly cheaper than Europe - business is 110k miles & first 140k miles (full list of miles required is attached).

My friend is taking United Airlines in First MEL - Vancouver (via SYD) and a combination of Air Canada / Asiana on the way back in business. For a mixed class booking like this you pay the miles for the highest class...so 140k in this case.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
partnerawardtravel.pdf (74.0 KB, 474 views)
Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:49 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Hi Steve....where do I start!?

Yes you can buy the miles now and book later - this is what I plan to do - you take your chances with the airline's solvency - don't foresee any issues there though. Miles expire if there is no activity on your account for 18 months - however you could prevent this by say buying 1000 miles at minimal cost. Or if you ever stay in hotels or use car hire with any of US Airways partners, add your US Airways number to earn a token number of miles that way. They also have a pay to keep your miles active option...not the best value though.

You can only get availability by ringing them up...it can be arduous! There is a possibility you would find a routing ex PER (you could consider via NZ?) but it would be even harder for the call centre staff to get their heads around! North America is slightly cheaper than Europe - business is 110k miles & first 140k miles (full list of miles required is attached).

My friend is taking United Airlines in First MEL - Vancouver (via SYD) and a combination of Air Canada / Asiana on the way back in business. For a mixed class booking like this you pay the miles for the highest class...so 140k in this case.
Awesome, thanks for that much appreciated.

Do you get issued the membership number when you sign up, or do you have to wait for it to come through in the post?

Do you see the bonus miles get added straight away when you buy them? im a bit concerned about the 10-11 day thing and potentially buying them and not getting the deal for somereason.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by steve99
Awesome, thanks for that much appreciated.

Do you get issued the membership number when you sign up, or do you have to wait for it to come through in the post?

Do you see the bonus miles get added straight away when you buy them? im a bit concerned about the 10-11 day thing and potentially buying them and not getting the deal for somereason.
Yes you get a membership number straight away.

Sign up today and buy on the 30th/31st & you'll have no problems. When buying the miles it automatically tries to give you the bonus...if for some reason you are not eligible it will let you know.

I found that after buying the miles were visible and usable in my account immediately - I literally bought the miles & booked 5 minutes later.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

I did likewise. The buy miles page shows the bonus ones too so you know you're doing it right. They showed in my account there and then - though they did warn me in a previous call it could take a couple of hours. Gifting miles was the same. Asks who you are and who they are going to.

Good luck to everyone getting their seats on this great deal and huge thanks to Bcworld for telling us. Keep the info flowing mate
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Ok, hubby and me are set up so I plan to buy miles next week and get hubby to gift so I can get either 125,000 or if we can push it 150,000 for first class.

Someone above posted about using skype to speak to them and book but I have searched through the website but can't find a skype thing to call. Can you share?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

I used my skype account to "call phones" using their usual number set to dialling USA. That is a freephone number (800 something) so doesn't cost any skype credit.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

aaah. Thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.