Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jul 24th 2015, 3:37 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

My youngest has told me that he wants to purchase a round the world ticket starting around late Feb for 6 months, the trouble is that he wants to visit Asia first then Central America then Europe.
We Live in Perth so he can fly to Asia cheaply then pick up a round the world ticket from Singapore/Bangkok.Any advice?
Old Jul 24th 2015, 3:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cinderella
I have just booked BClass MAN - SYD return flights using our AA miles, that we purchased via US Airways on one of those great 100% extra free deals. Got good flights for march next year with Etihad. No First class available, but I am still delighted with BC. It was a very easy process. So would like to thank BCWorld and others for all the advise given on this thread.
Nice work! EY business class if great!

I assume they charged you for 2 redemptions one from MAN to AUH and one for AUH - SYD...so I think 75k each way (instead of 60k) as they still don't recognise the middle east as a valid transit point for Europe to Australia? Still a great deal even at 75k.
Old Jul 24th 2015, 5:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ballys
My youngest has told me that he wants to purchase a round the world ticket starting around late Feb for 6 months, the trouble is that he wants to visit Asia first then Central America then Europe.
We Live in Perth so he can fly to Asia cheaply then pick up a round the world ticket from Singapore/Bangkok.Any advice?
Don't know if this helps:
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/203987

There's loads of info online about cobbling together RTW flights using budget carriers and special deals

Just flew back from Singapore on Scoot and the couple sitting next to me had been to Europe and back on Scoot, Air Asia, some Indian mob, Easyjet and Ryanair
Old Jul 24th 2015, 6:20 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

There's loads of info online about cobbling together RTW flights using budget carriers and special deals

Just flew back from Singapore on Scoot and the couple sitting next to me had been to Europe and back on Scoot, Air Asia, some Indian mob, Easyjet and Ryanair
I like Scoot, went to Singers early this year with them, the seats are comfy enough for 5 hours and the flight attendants are really nice.

We got back from Liverpool last night, first time we've flown with Qatar business, very impressed.

I saw a great deal on Skiddoo for $5,100 return and in my excitement I booked it without doing my usual research. Got my confirmation email and they whipped the money out of my credit card, then they sent another email saying they wanted a copy of my passport AND a copy of both sides of my credit card! They said that this was 'an airline requirement' and if I didn't provide the information I'd be charged a higher price for the fare.

That's when I belatedly did the research and it seems like they often pull this stunt. No way was I giving them what they'd asked for, so I plastered their FB page with complaints and demands (I was ropeable!), and they finally backed down and honored the price. Checked with Qatar and the flights had been ticketed, so all good.

The business class lounge at Hamad Airport is lovely, a range of table service restaurants to choose from, good range of comfortable seating areas (including full length couches for a snooze), good business centre and staff that can't do enough for you.
Old Jul 24th 2015, 6:56 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu

Thanks Zulu, He (Youngest) has just started living with a lass from Cape Town....I know...I have warned him
Old Jul 25th 2015, 3:10 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bcworld
Nice work! EY business class if great!

I assume they charged you for 2 redemptions one from MAN to AUH and one for AUH - SYD...so I think 75k each way (instead of 60k) as they still don't recognise the middle east as a valid transit point for Europe to Australia? Still a great deal even at 75k.
Yes BCW that is correct, exactly how they did it.
Date Issued Mileage Description
07-23-2015 30,000 Flight Award
07-23-2015 45,000 Flight Award
07-23-2015 30,000 Flight Award
07-23-2015 45,000 Flight Award
Old Jul 27th 2015, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

barney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant future

I am currently looking into awards for our return to Australia next year. We (2 adults, 1 child) all have lifemiles and AA accounts but noticed someone used US airways issued awards on AA. Can I ask how this works, just wondering if we should have US airways as an option especially if a good deal comes up with them soon. Great thread BTW, could only dream to fly First Class before it. Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2015, 10:49 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barney41
I am currently looking into awards for our return to Australia next year. We (2 adults, 1 child) all have lifemiles and AA accounts but noticed someone used US airways issued awards on AA. Can I ask how this works, just wondering if we should have US airways as an option especially if a good deal comes up with them soon. Great thread BTW, could only dream to fly First Class before it. Thanks
US Airways is no more. US & AA and their frequent flyer programs have merged...and any US miles anyone had have been transferred to AA. US will not be selling any more miles, only AA.

The way things are going, from the Aus end at least, this whole game is becoming not very compelling any more...I'm scared to do the sums and see what a business class to the UK would cost now if starting from zero miles!
Old Jul 29th 2015, 1:48 am
Just Joined

WelshBen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Can someone point me in the direction of a post that outlines the process? I have tried to scan the 179 pages but getting a little confused – I have never used air miles, and only collected Kris flyer miles since moviubg to Australia.. I currently have 76,000 Kris flyer miles and my partner 30,000. I would like to be in a position to have miles for a business class return from Melbourne to London.

Is the Lifemiles the best approach for gaining extra miles?

Thanks!
Old Jul 29th 2015, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Much to my surprise (and hers), my mum's doctor has given her the OK to fly out here as long as she has a flat bed. So she and my dad are planning an unexpected trip here in mid to late Sep (from Kent), which is likely to be their one and only trip here. I have AA miles coming out of my ears and in a few weeks should have enough Aussie Amex MR points to transfer to their partners to stump up for business or even first.

I don't think mum is up to changing flights more than twice (she will need assistance as it is as she can only walk a short distance) and we are in Adelaide. I can get them home fine on Etihad (using AA miles) but I am really struggling to find anything to get them here. I've used the BA site to check OneWorld via SIN, KUL, HKG, Tokyo and DOH. Absolutely nothing except plenty of availability on Qatar to DOH but nothing onwards from there. Nothing on Etihad (except to AUH on 14 Sep which would be perfect but nothing onward from there). Waitlisting only on Singapore and Cathay and I've no idea whether that will work.

Any suggestions where else I should look? Having airily said I'll sort out the flights, I need to come up with the goods!

Last edited by louie; Jul 29th 2015 at 9:51 am.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

barney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bcworld
US Airways is no more. US & AA and their frequent flyer programs have merged...and any US miles anyone had have been transferred to AA. US will not be selling any more miles, only AA.

The way things are going, from the Aus end at least, this whole game is becoming not very compelling any more...I'm scared to do the sums and see what a business class to the UK would cost now if starting from zero miles!
Thanks for the clarification.

Price won't be too bad as it will only be a one-way flight UK-AUS. It seems lifemiles do better deals than AA but trying to find flights with them puts me off.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd take this opportunity to thank bcworld again for starting this thread which has quite literally changed my life and those of several people around me.

Mum and Dad arrived from the UK last week in business class on Singapore, paid for mainly by Amex points transferred from the UK at the 2.17 (or 0.46 if you prefer) exchange rate. They will be going home on Etihad in first (on the A380) to Abu Dhabi then business to London, using old US Airways miles.

Both are in their 80's and not up to travelling in cattle class; without miles they would not be here. Dad was last in Australia in 1957 and Mum in 1989; neither of them expected to return ever again. And it's all thanks to bcworld
Old Sep 28th 2015, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Just thought I'd take this opportunity to thank bcworld again for starting this thread which has quite literally changed my life and those of several people around me.

Mum and Dad arrived from the UK last week in business class on Singapore, paid for mainly by Amex points transferred from the UK at the 2.17 (or 0.46 if you prefer) exchange rate. They will be going home on Etihad in first (on the A380) to Abu Dhabi then business to London, using old US Airways miles.

Both are in their 80's and not up to travelling in cattle class; without miles they would not be here. Dad was last in Australia in 1957 and Mum in 1989; neither of them expected to return ever again. And it's all thanks to bcworld
How lovely for you and for them.Bcworld has helped alot of people.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 3:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by louie

How fantastic! If only the AUD still played ball, it feels like this game is pretty much over...although LifeMiles is currently selling miles at 135% bonus which sort of makes up for the AUD. Not mentioned it here before as you really need your wits about you when working with LM!

I just went to the US, there and back the long way through Hong Kong in Cathay business...really great. For those heading to the US, remember to remortgage the house before you go...very painful at $0.70!
Old Sep 28th 2015, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

I've got plenty of AA Miles left and am planning a trip back to sunny Heathrow next July. Having mastered the whole StarAlliance/ US Airways thing I now feel like a beginner again with the new OneWorld/ AA thing. Is there a special number to call for AA award bookings and any hints & tips to get quick & efficient service on the booking? I've found all my flights using KVS already. Thanks folks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.