Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Sorry you're having all this hassle, James. I can't offer any advice as I don't have Life Miles, just dividend miles. However, I wouldn't be hanging on the phone for that long, maybe just hang up and you might get a more cluey operator next time?

Despite my former hesitation re getting dividend miles flights in the One World alliance, KVS is showing excellent availability from Perth with Qatar, with very sensible transit times of around two and a half hours.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

What's the flexible payment? Are you topping up your miles with cash? We've just completed lifemiles bookings and were able to make all payments online (website caused issues a couple of times but got there in the end). The bookings went through in the end but we had to book flights individually and availability disappeared for one flight after one person was booked. Bit of a headache but sorted eventually.

We've had to contact them for ticketing confirmation and they responded quickly, could you contact them by email?
Old Sep 8th 2014, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

The Flexible payment was to make up the short fall with miles, we tried for 2 hours to book on line also, we had to call them to book flights,we spoke to at least 12 different agents,one even booked both flights in my wife's name. and could not do a name change.
She then had to cancel the flight,to put one of those seats back in the system, but it does not go in straightaway, there was no more availability, so we had to choose alternative dates, not a good experience overall, no where as easy as Dividend Miles
Old Sep 8th 2014, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Is it all booked now? You going with Thai?

The availability doesn't go back in immediately, no. We found that when doing dummy bookings. The website 'hung' a few times at payment stage and it was a pain having to book each of us individually as it cost us more in the end (My partner booked MEL-FRA-MAN on one ticket but when I went to book mine there was only availability to book the same flights separately) I like being able to do it online, and being able to book one ways has its uses.

I found searching for oneworld availability a real pain although I know that's mostly because I'm not used to it and I'm seriously hacked off that I bought kvs access only to find the mobile companion tool doesn't show awards. But US would have been cheaper for what we wanted and arguably with better seats.

I guess I wish US were still in Star A!
Old Sep 8th 2014, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

No unfortunately we are going Air China asa this was a last minute decision, we had used all of our miles, so purchased 75,000 each and received a 100% bonus then had to make a flexible payment, to cover the balance, i have kvs tool.
When we used to use US Dividend miles it was easy, but now we have to do multiple searches its a bit of a bind.and we also checked our dates there was nothing available One World for our dates, anyway a big learning curve good luck
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:31 am
Just Joined

historyman is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to agree with people on this thread regarding availability with One World now that US Airways and Dividend Miles have left the bulk of Star Alliance. Many calls to US Airways to book flights around the Christmas period from Oz to Europe were in vain, as some award availability shown on Qantas and BA websites could not be seen by US agents.
It is however still possible to book Air China flights with Dividend Miles using the ANA website to check Star Alliance availability. US Airways still has a working relationship with some Star Alliance carriers, although the last agent i spoke to did not seem to think it would be open ended.
Booked Syd-Shanghai-Fra on Dec 17th returning via Beijing on Jan 7th, only a few weeks ago for 2 Bus class pax. Quick and painless booking via the usual call to US operators.
To those people worried about going with Air China, the latest trip reports are encouraging; a fully flat bed the whole way, good new lounges at Beijing and Shanghai and the easy availability of a 72 hr visa on arrival if continuing on an international flight. It appears that the service is also improving, it will be interesting to compare it with the EVA flight that we have just had.
First time that i have commented on this thread so a big thank you to all who have contributed in the past. Due to the various posts and information contained on this site, we now have the confidence to use a combination of Dividend Miles and/or Lifemiles to book our flights to Europe, as there appears to be excellent availability with Cathay for flights at short notice and we are fans of Eva Air from Bne to Ams using Lifemiles. Once again many thanks to all, flights are now something that we enjoy rather than endure!
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

What kind of availability are you seeing with Cathay at short notice? Am trying to decide whether to really punish my bank account and buy dividend miles just to have ready for the future but not sure, we're in the UK now and bar our upcoming Aus trip we've no plans for long haul but a nice trip to hkg never hurts. Hmm....
Old Sep 12th 2014, 1:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I see Air NZ start B787-9 (the newest version) services to Perth tonight

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa...isit-to-perth/
Old Sep 20th 2014, 10:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I have 120,000 dividend miles left and want to see if I can use them for Perth - Athens - Perth around April 2015. My sister will have finished chemo by then and her second home is a small village on Crete, would be great to send her business class. I have KVS Diamond but not having a lot of luck - any hints from anyone on routes to search, or if this route is even possible?

Ta
Old Sep 21st 2014, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question. If I book a flight on my Qantas miles but need to change my plans, I believe I can et my miles re-credited, but I cannot find anything about the taxes and fees - will these be refunded to me? It is $600 so I need to factor it in.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I have 120,000 dividend miles left and want to see if I can use them for Perth - Athens - Perth around April 2015. My sister will have finished chemo by then and her second home is a small village on Crete, would be great to send her business class. I have KVS Diamond but not having a lot of luck - any hints from anyone on routes to search, or if this route is even possible?

Ta
I would be looking at PER-DOH-ATH. Availability looks fine to me.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Quick question. If I book a flight on my Qantas miles but need to change my plans, I believe I can et my miles re-credited, but I cannot find anything about the taxes and fees - will these be refunded to me? It is $600 so I need to factor it in.
Taxes are refundable, as are fuel surcharges. Any booking fees you've paid won't be refundable though.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Taxes are refundable, as are fuel surcharges. Any booking fees you've paid won't be refundable though.
Super thanks.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 9:14 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by bcworld
I would be looking at PER-DOH-ATH. Availability looks fine to me.
Thanks bc
Old Sep 26th 2014, 4:57 am
Frequent Flyer Member

This Really is the Last Time You'll Be Able to Buy US Airways Miles on the Cheap - View from the Wing - View from the Wing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.