Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Aug 9th 2014, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by bcworld
I'm flying MH to KUL next weekend...the airfare was less than $550 return booked at short notice...yes I'll be sitting up the back!
Thats gonna hurt
Old Aug 9th 2014, 10:36 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm flying MH to KUL next weekend...the airfare was less than $550 return booked at short notice...yes I'll be sitting up the back!
A fairly easy 5 hours from Perth (there has to be some advantages of living in Whoop Whoop), but I'm guessing around 8 hours for you, BC? May I suggest an extra libation in the lounge before you board, you'll be there in no time

I wonder if any credible research has been done into the damage to the MAS brand, or to perceptions of flying in general? My head says that the two incidents could have happened to any airline, and that neither were targeted at any particular airline. I'd also assume that MAS security procedures are as tight as any airline in the world, if not before the incidents, then certainly now.

But I don't mind admitting to an irrational increase in my reluctance to fly, not just with MAS, with any airline. Probably not a good thing for someone who has to do a fair amount of flying.

ps - well done on securing such a great deal on your flight!

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Aug 9th 2014 at 10:38 am.
Old Aug 26th 2014, 5:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Something to keep an eye on...seems like it will happen but no details firmed up yet:

Update as of 25AUG14: THAI Proposed W14 International Service Changes | Airline Route

THAI has filed proposed Winter 2014/15 schedule, effective 26OCT14.

Bangkok – Sydney Proposed schedule sees 10 weekly 777-300 (and/or -300ER) operating, cancellation of First Class service (Currently displays 7 weekly 747-400 and 3 weekly 777-300)
Old Aug 27th 2014, 10:34 am
Just Joined

markfisher61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Final update on my LON-PER-LON trip. Finally I got the flight with Malaysian on 3rd Oct! It has been showing up on my KVS searches for about a month, but now I got to confirm it (in business class). My return to LON is with Qatar on 30th December. As before with my South American trip, flights that showed up on KVS as having availability did not when checked by US Air. So I had to take a later connection with a 10 hour stopover in Doha.

It took me three calls today to do this as I got cut off on the first two calls.

To book two flights has taken me 12 calls to US Air amounting to 274 minutes in total. That's over 4 hours spent on the phone.

I'm very happy to be travelling first and business at a low price, but I'm not sure I'll try this again, especially with the limited availability of award flights with Oneworld.
Old Aug 27th 2014, 11:18 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markfisher61
Final update on my LON-PER-LON trip. Finally I got the flight with Malaysian on 3rd Oct! It has been showing up on my KVS searches for about a month, but now I got to confirm it (in business class). My return to LON is with Qatar on 30th December. As before with my South American trip, flights that showed up on KVS as having availability did not when checked by US Air. So I had to take a later connection with a 10 hour stopover in Doha.

It took me three calls today to do this as I got cut off on the first two calls.

To book two flights has taken me 12 calls to US Air amounting to 274 minutes in total. That's over 4 hours spent on the phone.

I'm very happy to be travelling first and business at a low price, but I'm not sure I'll try this again, especially with the limited availability of award flights with Oneworld.
Hi Mark, happy that you eventually got your flights but OMG, what a rigmarole for you. I was lucky enough to get Scouse's flights when they were still in the Star Alliance, but like you I find limited availability with One World.

You've earned your first and business class flights, enjoy them
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:05 am
Just Joined

markfisher61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Final Update? Perhaps not....the "connecting" flight that US Air booked for my Perth-Doha-London trip is actually the next day, i.e. 35 hours after I arrive in Doha!

They didn't tell me this.....could someone tell them that December has 31 days, not 30!!!

I am so annoyed....how many hours on the phone will it take to sort this one out?
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 6:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is still buying, LifeMiles has 100% bonus for the rest of this month.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr...f.aspx?D=DOF23

The price of buying miles goes up 10% on Oct 1.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 11:06 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by markfisher61
Final Update? Perhaps not....the "connecting" flight that US Air booked for my Perth-Doha-London trip is actually the next day, i.e. 35 hours after I arrive in Doha!

They didn't tell me this.....could someone tell them that December has 31 days, not 30!!!

I am so annoyed....how many hours on the phone will it take to sort this one out?
How did you go with this, Mark? If you can't change the flight that gives you a 35 hour layover in Doha, I'd bite the bullet and get a cheap hotel room. 35 hours in an airport, even in a business or first class lounge, is the pits.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 3:45 pm
Concierge

If anyone is still buying, LifeMiles has 100% bonus for the rest of this month.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr...f.aspx?D=DOF23

The price of buying miles goes up 10% on Oct 1.
Up to 100% bonus miles for Dividend Miles for September too
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Hi Everybody, advice needed million dollar question, we might have to go to the UK at quiet short notice, which is the best bet, US dividend miles, or Life Miles any advice welcome .
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

How do you check award availability with kvs mobile? I'm lookingt lhr-mel-hkg(stop)-lhr for april 2015 and can get flights to show but not award availability. The help section says I need a qantas ff login which I have but can't see a way to combine the two. I can do the trip on LifeMiles but it's substantially cheaper with dividend miles.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 10:39 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Almo
How do you check award availability with kvs mobile? I'm lookingt lhr-mel-hkg(stop)-lhr for april 2015 and can get flights to show but not award availability.
I'm not sure you can for all airlines. When I look for TG on KVS mobile it shows O, I and X class availability, which are award booking classes on *A. But for other airlines it doesn't show the award buckets. I haven't looked into it much for OW but I'd imagine it's quite limited? If you have internet access and a QFF login, why not just use the Qantas site...I think it shows almost everything?
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Thanks bcworld. I was only getting results for qantas on the qantas site but I think I see where I'm going wrong with that. I've been awake for 24 hours so think I will try again in the morning. Fingers crossed I can cobble some flights together!
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

sfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jamesflorraine
Hi Everybody, advice needed million dollar question, we might have to go to the UK at quiet short notice, which is the best bet, US dividend miles, or Life Miles any advice welcome .
me too but it looks so hard to get flights so might have to go economy
Old Sep 6th 2014, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Life Miles Nightmare, i have just purchased 75,000 life miles for both my wife and myself,we got 100% bonus, the transaction was pretty easy, but then the nightmares started.
we sourced flights to the UK for Christmas Business Class, we needed to make a small cash flexible payment each for this, we spent all in all around 10 hours on the phone to life miles yesterday, trying to make the flexible payment.
We were passed from pillar to post on 2 occasions the calls lasted in excess of 2 hours, they then dropped out and we had to start again.
Everytime we called back we got a different operator, and they could never transfer us to the previous one, so we had to start the procedure again, they then informed us they were having trouble with their system processing credit card's, and we would start again, once again we have started this morning we have the flights on hold, we cannot get them to process the flexible payment, we have already been on hold for 1 hour 10 minutes while a operator speaks to her supervisor this morning.
I think the life miles system is very poor in comparison to US Airways, has anybody else had this problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.