Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jun 10th 2014, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

withnail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Email regarding US Dividend miles and AAdvantage integration.

At the moment it would appear it only effects flights in and between North America (US & Canada).

We promised to keep you updated during our integration journey and want to take this opportunity to bring you the latest news. We're combining our airlines and doing this with you in mind. In January, we brought you the first merger benefits – the ability to earn and redeem miles with American. Here's more on what's ahead.

Loyalty program integration

We plan to bring current Dividend Miles accounts into the AAdvantage® program in 2015. That means we will combine your award mileage balances, your million mile balances and your elite-qualifying activity from both programs. In the meantime, continue to book travel and earn miles as you normally would. We will follow up with you when we begin the process of integrating accounts, but rest assured your miles and elite status are safe as we work to combine the two programs.

Using your miles

As we work toward a combined program, for travel booked from August 1, 2014 and beyond, we are raising redemption levels for round-trip travel on medium and high awards between the continental U.S. and Canada. We're also raising the redemption levels for First Class awards on three-class service within and between the continental U.S. and Canada on oneworld® and partner flights. For complete information, visit the Dividend Miles award travel page.

New routes and aircraft

We're excited to announce that all flights scheduled between New York's John F. Kennedy Airport and Los Angeles and San Francisco are flying on American's new A321 Transcontinental aircraft – delivering the only three-class service coast-to-coast. And, we're continuing to expand our global network with new service from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport to Shanghai and Hong Kong beginning June 11, 2014.

Other updates

In preparation for the busy summer travel season, be sure to review our carry-on baggage policy, where you will see new items on the approved list.

As we continue down the path of integration, we hope you're taking advantage of these benefits. We'll continue to keep you informed as we make progress and encourage you to check usairways.com/arriving for updates.

Thank you for flying with us.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by keefymonster
I will not be flying with them. Ever!

I'm not worried about it being a dry airline, I don't drink on flights usually. I've found flights on Royal Brunei for £2707pp via a website I've never heard of and am torn about what to do. V annoying that the trip wasn't confirmed until after both offers had finished but there you have it. So now I need to weigh up waiting to see if there's another offer + availability or booking flights and paying for them in case there's no offer/availability and paid for flights have jumped in price.

Using lifemiles I'd need to book the segments separately as no availability shows for through trips so that bumps up the cost a bit (and presumably the risk if one flight is delayed?), haven't costed it properly to include tax on buying miles but should still be approx £500 cheaper than the Royal Brunei flights but that's assuming there's an offer... argh!
Old Jun 11th 2014, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

Hi what are my options for Business Lounge at BKK, i'm flying into BKK with Thai & out with Eva? I've heard that Thai Bus lounge gets a bit crowded & isn't that great. Have a 6 hour stop over on the way & 9 on the way back.

Thanks
Old Jun 12th 2014, 12:17 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treefingers
Hi what are my options for Business Lounge at BKK, i'm flying into BKK with Thai & out with Eva? I've heard that Thai Bus lounge gets a bit crowded & isn't that great. Have a 6 hour stop over on the way & 9 on the way back.

Thanks
Thai has multiple business lounges at BKK...I've never had a problem with any of them. It depends on the time of day and which lounge I suppose...the one at the E concourse gets quite busy in the early morning but the main one down the escalator from check in is huge and generally there is space.

You can use any Star Alliance business class lounge.

Browse and find airport lounges - Star Alliance
Old Jun 12th 2014, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

Originally Posted by bcworld
Thai has multiple business lounges at BKK...I've never had a problem with any of them. It depends on the time of day and which lounge I suppose...the one at the E concourse gets quite busy in the early morning but the main one down the escalator from check in is huge and generally there is space.

You can use any Star Alliance business class lounge.

Browse and find airport lounges - Star Alliance
Thanks
Old Jun 12th 2014, 4:58 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

BCWorld,

Could you please look on your KVS TOOL and see if there are 2 BC reward seats available from MAN - CHC out bound 7 sept inbound on 18 or 19 Sept. Using US Airways Dividend Miles.

I have spoken to US Airways, they were very helpful. We could only get coach reward seats on the 7th and return ones were on the 27th and were half Coach / BC. So didn't really want to do that.
Your expert help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 5:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cinderella
BCWorld,

Could you please look on your KVS TOOL and see if there are 2 BC reward seats available from MAN - CHC out bound 7 sept inbound on 18 or 19 Sept. Using US Airways Dividend Miles.

I have spoken to US Airways, they were very helpful. We could only get coach reward seats on the 7th and return ones were on the 27th and were half Coach / BC. So didn't really want to do that.

Thank you.
Hi Cinders I'm not BC World and you should absolutely wait until he (or someone with more knowledge than I) comes along to help you - just wanted to say that I ran your dates on KVS and while there was business availability for 7 Sept, the flights were with Emirates and I think I read on here that US won't book EK flights (or something like that). There was no availability on your return dates. I suspect that you'd have to break the flights down into legs - more expertise than I have. Good luck with finding your flights
Old Jun 12th 2014, 7:11 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Cinders I'm not BC World and you should absolutely wait until he (or someone with more knowledge than I) comes along to help you - just wanted to say that I ran your dates on KVS and while there was business availability for 7 Sept, the flights were with Emirates and I think I read on here that US won't book EK flights (or something like that). There was no availability on your return dates. I suspect that you'd have to break the flights down into legs - more expertise than I have. Good luck with finding your flights
Thank You very much. That is better than what I was told direct from US. May have to just pay and book, as am not going to waste the miles going Coach. Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 10:25 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cinderella
BCWorld,

Thank you.
Very difficult. CHC is limiting because the only OneWorld option you have is QF to SYD.

The best I can do for an outbound on the 7th is:

LHR-DME BA233 0855-1535 (business class as it's BA you'll get hit for a fuel surcharge)
DME-HKG CX204 1715-0615 (business class)
HKG-SYD CX139 0900-2015 (economy - you arrive too late to connect to the CHC flight)
Day in SYD
SYD-CHC QF139 1845-2350 (economy - departs SYD on the 9th)

Alternatively,

LHR-DME BA233 0855-1535 (business class as it's BA you'll get hit for a fuel surcharge)
HKG-AKL CX197 2105-1200 (economy)
...and make your own way to CHC.

I know I haven't started in MAN but that just makes it all too hard especially when nothing arrives early enough to connect to that DME flight. You could always fly down from MAN the night before and stay at an airport hotel.

Last edited by bcworld; Jun 12th 2014 at 10:27 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 5:25 pm

Very difficult. CHC is limiting because the only OneWorld option you have is QF to SYD.

The best I can do for an outbound on the 7th is:

HKG-SYD CX139 0900-2015 (economy - you arrive too late to connect to the CHC flight)
Day in SYD
SYD-CHC QF139 1845-2350 (economy - departs SYD on the 9th)

Alternatively,

HKG-AKL CX197 2105-1200 (economy)
...and make your own way to CHC.

I know I haven't started in MAN but that just makes it all too hard especially when nothing arrives early enough to connect to that DME flight. You could always fly down from MAN the night before and stay at an airport hotel.
Thank you very much.
The second one would be good.
Were you able to see anything coming back around the 18th?

Your help is appreciated.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Check your email people, 100% share bonus.

BC Can you confirm something, can award tickets be used by non dividend mile account holders, e.g if I transferred/ shared enough miles into one account for tickets for two people, myself and 'billy', does billy have to be a dividend miles member?

Cheers.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 4:45 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by withnail
Check your email people, 100% share bonus.

BC Can you confirm something, can award tickets be used by non dividend mile account holders, e.g if I transferred/ shared enough miles into one account for tickets for two people, myself and 'billy', does billy have to be a dividend miles member?

Cheers.
Yes but it's not like a share promo of old! For a start, the cost per mile shared has gone up 50% And then there is this strange sharing of the bonus between accounts...anyway, it's still a bit cheaper than buying in a promo, it just used to be a lot cheaper.

You can use your miles to book tickets for ANYONE you like, regardless of whether you're also travelling or not. What you don't do is accept payment for that...or rather, you or they shouldn't tell US or anyone else that they paid you for the ticket...that's strictly against the T&Cs and can have nasty consequences.

Last edited by bcworld; Jun 17th 2014 at 4:49 am.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Yes but it's not like a share promo of old! For a start, the cost per mile shared has gone up 50% And then there is this strange sharing of the bonus between accounts...anyway, it's still a bit cheaper than buying in a promo, it just used to be a lot cheaper.

You can use your miles to book tickets for ANYONE you like, regardless of whether you're also travelling or not. What you don't do is accept payment for that...or rather, you or they shouldn't tell US or anyone else that they paid you for the ticket...that's strictly against the T&Cs and can have nasty consequences.
Yeah understood, but essentially with this promo I can use two accounts and share 50k back and forth?

E.g. I and Mrs Withnail have two accounts both with 100k in, using this promo we can essentially both end up with 150k each.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

sfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud of

Hi BC or anyone who can help
My query is that there has been a schedule change from Thai airways on one of the flights and when I rang Thai airways today in Sydney they said I needed to talk to US airways to get them to reticket the booking as we would have a problem at check in , although I have an email from US airways with the correct flights. However when I rang US airways they said they cannot do anything as no longer part of the star alliance and Thai have made the change
Its a bit frustrating not sure what to do or should I ring back US and try again
I am just worried that there will be a problem at check in
any advice welcome

Thanks
Old Jun 17th 2014, 9:39 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by sfr09
Hi BC or anyone who can help
My query is that there has been a schedule change from Thai airways on one of the flights and when I rang Thai airways today in Sydney they said I needed to talk to US airways to get them to reticket the booking as we would have a problem at check in , although I have an email from US airways with the correct flights. However when I rang US airways they said they cannot do anything as no longer part of the star alliance and Thai have made the change
Its a bit frustrating not sure what to do or should I ring back US and try again
I am just worried that there will be a problem at check in
any advice welcome

Thanks
What are the details of the schedule change? 10 minutes, a different day, different flight number?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.