Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old May 21st 2014, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

twitch1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by Rick C
Hi guys

Sorry if I am asking questions that have been asked previously but I have signed up for dividend miles and am able to purchase the miles offer.
With us now being. In one world is it still 120k miles for business return to the uk?
What is the best way to search for flight availability around Xmas?
Thanks in advance.
If you just signed up your account needs to be open for 10 (maybe 12) days before you can take part in the current bonus offer.

The general program rules around stop overs, routing and open jaws etc are the same as when they were in Star Alliance you just now need to use One World airlines.

The award chart is largely unchanged

https://www.usairways.com/pv_obj_cac...wardtravel.pdf

You can use Qantas, BA, AA, JAL and a couple of others to search for inventory then call up to book.

Have a read around 10 pages back where there are some good tips on searching for inventory.
Old May 23rd 2014, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

Hi,

Bit of a noob question, travelling next month to Europe in Business thanks you lovely people here, however flying Thai to Bangkok then EVA to LHR. So do I have to collect my luggage at Bankkok & check in with EVA their or can it all be arranged when I check in at Melbourne?

Thanks
Old May 23rd 2014, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Should go straight through to your destination.
Old May 26th 2014, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

withnail is an unknown quantity at this point

Genuine question, how on earth do people find availability, I think I've been on the phone with US-Airways for about 3 hours now. All I've been offered is a economy seat on Qantas on the 25th January.

Does availability open up nearer the date or am I fighting a losing battle trying to fly any time between Nov - Feb?
Old May 26th 2014, 10:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withnail
Genuine question, how on earth do people find availability, I think I've been on the phone with US-Airways for about 3 hours now. All I've been offered is a economy seat on Qantas on the 25th January.

Does availability open up nearer the date or am I fighting a losing battle trying to fly any time between Nov - Feb?
Where do you want to go and from where?
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bcworld
Where do you want to go and from where?
Hey BC, I pmed you but think it may of got lost in the ether (not in my sent items). I think the trick seems to be plan it out on BA's site but put in each separate leg of the journey. E.g. SYD - HKG or MEL - DOH then the subsequent DOH - LHR etc, as when phoning up US-Airways they seem to only try the SYD-LHR direct.

Now the $100,000 question. Is with worth waiting the extra 2 months to see if there is another 100% bonus offer.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Sorry for the hijack but any views on £3130pp business class on Etihad London to Melbourne return April 2015? I've just been looking at options in case there are no more mileage deals and saw this.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 4:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almo
Sorry for the hijack but any views on £3130pp business class on Etihad London to Melbourne return April 2015? I've just been looking at options in case there are no more mileage deals and saw this.
It's not a bad fare but you could do better - is Etihad your preferred airline or are you not too fussed? What are your departure and return dates?

Travelup.com have one stop Heathrow - Melbourne business return on Royal Brunei, in their new Dreamliner 787s, for 2,712 pounds. Dates - depart 1 April, return 29 April.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jun 7th 2014 at 5:02 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Thanks Spouse, no, not married to the idea of Etihad. Ideally out 2 or 3 April (am dept only if 3 April), looking at returning around 18 April. Ideally looking for fairly quick routings to maximise time there.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Actually, maybe coming back earlier - 13/14 April
Old Jun 8th 2014, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It's not a bad fare but you could do better - is Etihad your preferred airline or are you not too fussed? What are your departure and return dates?

Travelup.com have one stop Heathrow - Melbourne business return on Royal Brunei, in their new Dreamliner 787s, for 2,712 pounds. Dates - depart 1 April, return 29 April.
FYI: no booze on Royal Brunei flights.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

I will not be flying with them. Ever!
Old Jun 9th 2014, 10:23 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Royal Brunei don't serve alcohol, but they don't mind you taking your own on board (or they didn't when I flew with them back around 1998). Not sure how this works these days with the 100ml limit on liquids carried on board.

Best thing about Royal Brunei is the three 7 hour legs to the UK (Oz-Brunei, Brunei-Dubai, Dubai-UK)
Old Jun 9th 2014, 11:19 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Best thing about Royal Brunei is the three 7 hour legs to the UK (Oz-Brunei, Brunei-Dubai, Dubai-UK)
I do like the 3 x 7 hour flights. But I gladly would've skipped the DXB stop. In my experience, the plane parked on a remote stand, we were bussed to the terminal, then had to walk it's entire length to get back on the bus and be bussed back to the plane again! There literally was not time to do anything there.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 1:38 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I do like the 3 x 7 hour flights. But I gladly would've skipped the DXB stop. In my experience, the plane parked on a remote stand, we were bussed to the terminal, then had to walk it's entire length to get back on the bus and be bussed back to the plane again! There literally was not time to do anything there.
Yes, that was painful. But at least you get to stretch your legs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.