Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

whoo hoooo!!!!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bcworld
Not necessarily. There are reports it shows Cathay availability that doesn't actually exist. As does Qantas.

AA.com has a limited set of airlines for which it will show results. It shows AA, QF, BA, AY and a few other minor airlines. BA shows almost everyone.

Plug your full itinerary into the site here:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

It will give you a full breakdown of taxes and fares. Take the total amount and deduct the fare - the rest is the taxes. Any taxes identified as 'YQ' are fuel surcharges and US would not ordinarily charge you these...HOWEVER, they should be doing so for BA or Iberia as they are forced to. So if you fly BA to WDH yes, you are likely to be charged £700 in taxes and fees assuming the US agents do their jobs properly. As Louie mentioned to date people don't seem to be getting charged, but they should be for BA/IB.
Thanks for the info, I tried BA availability using their Avios site. All good for July but no availability for July at all.....so looks like those plans have been scuppered!

That is unless the scheme is now more friendly towards one way.

I may top up with the latest deal, already got 300k but....as long as you plan holidays ahead and can be flexible I think this is the absolute best way to travels!!
Old Apr 8th 2014, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

US is running a 100% share promo - the holy grail of promos! Get your credit cards out!
Ooops I thought this was buy offer.

I only have one account so no sharing

Unless there is a quick work around?? Can I share to a brand new account created by a family member?

Last edited by Tonyc88; Apr 8th 2014 at 3:58 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

swmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok silly question can I share with Husband and then he share with me during this promotion.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 10:48 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swmbo63
Ok silly question can I share with Husband and then he share with me during this promotion.
Yes. Do you both already have miles?

A word of caution. Both US and AA have yesterday announced changes to their rules and award charts with immediate effect and with no notice.

None of it currently affects anyone holding USDM who wants to travel from Australia (or the UK) to any other zone, but it seems likely more changes are around the corner.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

swmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Do you both already have miles?

A word of caution. Both US and AA have yesterday announced changes to their rules and award charts with immediate effect and with no notice.

None of it currently affects anyone holding USDM who wants to travel from Australia (or the UK) to any other zone, but it seems likely more changes are around the corner.
Yes we both have miles I shared 50k with him yesterday and could not remember if it was possible for him to do this back to me, so will do so today.
I had looked at award charts, so it will be a case of wait and see the new changes brought in.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.[could not give you Karma as have to spread it around]

SWMBO

Last edited by swmbo63; Apr 8th 2014 at 10:58 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 8th 2014, 10:57 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we both have miles I shared 50k with him yesterday and could not remember if it was possible for him to do this back to me, so will do so today.
I had looked at award charts, so it will be a case of wait and see the new changes brought in.

Thanks again for you prompt reply.

SWMBO
To be honest...buying miles at $0.01/mile it would need to be one heck of a devaluation to make it a bad deal!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 7:09 am
Just Joined

pam2498 is a name known to allpam2498 is a name known to allpam2498 is a name known to allpam2498 is a name known to allpam2498 is a name known to allpam2498 is a name known to allpam2498 is a name known to allpam2498 is a name known to allpam2498 is a name known to allpam2498 is a name known to allpam2498 is a name known to all

Hello folks, a few qquestions please:-

I have signed up to us airmiles.How do I book flights, buy miles and is it only from Aus or can it be from Uk to Aus.

Many thanks
Old Apr 10th 2014, 9:41 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Buying miles - you only do that when they are running a 2 for 1 offer, otherwise it isn't worth it (unless you need a few to top up your account).

Booking flights - phone up US Airways and tell them where you want to go and when! It helps if you have previously researched which flights have award seats available so that you can give the booking clerk the actual flight numbers and save the time they would spend doing the searches.

Flights can be in any direction.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 10:27 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

New CX flights to Manchester:

http://www.pointhacks.com.au/cathay-...ch-manchester/
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

So where is the best place to search for flight availability, now with
One World.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:57 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

One World.
Have you read any recent posts?
Old Apr 11th 2014, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

louiseos is on a distinguished road

US is running a 100% share promo - the holy grail of promos! Get your credit cards out!
My husband gets all the e-mails with the special offers, but my account doesn't get any!!!

WAH WAH WAH!!

I NEED another BUY promo before I can share!!
Old Apr 11th 2014, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

One World.
Have you read any recent posts?
Old Apr 11th 2014, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

New CX flights to Manchester: .....
Now that is excellent news

Last edited by old.sparkles; Apr 11th 2014 at 10:10 am. Reason: fix quote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.