Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Mar 2nd 2014, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

75% for me.......
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

A quick question, we have 75%, offer we already have flights booked for July, is it a good idea to purchase again, as we probably will not travel again until Late 2014 early 2015 thanks
Old Mar 4th 2014, 6:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Lifemiles has a transfer promo on. For those who need one way flights...buy your first 1000 mile ball and start playing tennis!
Old Mar 5th 2014, 10:13 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by keefymonster
75% for me.......

Did it stay at 75% when you went through to buy? Mine and OH's showed at 50%, but when I continued to the next page it changed to 100%.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

dave76 is an unknown quantity at this point

bc and the rest of the wizzards,

I'm trying to book a trip from SFO to MUC with a stopover in SYD.
I read people here have done it in the past, although you're not supposed to fly North America-Europe via Australia.

My question is how do I best approach this? Give the US rep each segment availability and hope they don't notice, or is there other route like Guam?

thanks
Old Mar 10th 2014, 8:10 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave76
bc and the rest of the wizzards,

I'm trying to book a trip from SFO to MUC with a stopover in SYD.
I read people here have done it in the past, although you're not supposed to fly North America-Europe via Australia.

My question is how do I best approach this? Give the US rep each segment availability and hope they don't notice, or is there other route like Guam?

thanks
I don't think anyone here has done this in the past. People have flown from Australia to North America via Europe which is very different. Typically when people have done this the destination has been the east coast of North America. There is a thing called maximum permitted mileage and it allows travel to the east coast via Europe...it is far less generous for the west coast. Anything involving SFO, SYD and MUC would be massively over MPM.

Also, you don't arbitrarily choose your destination....in this itinerary your destination would be SYD as it is further from SFO then MUC.

That said, this is US and ultimately anything is possible, but you will need a completely clueless agent. You should be looking for SFO-SYD with a MUC stopover and hoping for MPM to be ignored. Expect to pay 110k in J.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

thanks for that. I'll give it a try see how I go.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 11:20 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Alaska Airlines freezes out Aussie frequent flyers in credit card fraud crackdown
Old Mar 12th 2014, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough

Ah in such a quandry...we are moving back to the UK in April/May - but dates are uncertain as its basically when we manage to get vehicles sold, all the loose ends tied up etc.

Dont know whether to try and get booked up now with US Airways points under star alliance with Thai...or wait until US airways is a member of One World..

I guess the One World partnership is still a bit unknown but does anyone know what they are like currently for getting Award flights with - do they tend to have decent availability to UK??

I wonder if I book with US Airways with Thai if they would let me change dates if needs be (which i guess would be in April after the merger)

Argh what to do...what to do...
Old Mar 12th 2014, 3:51 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Koolcat
Ah in such a quandry...we are moving back to the UK in April/May - but dates are uncertain as its basically when we manage to get vehicles sold, all the loose ends tied up etc.

Dont know whether to try and get booked up now with US Airways points under star alliance with Thai...or wait until US airways is a member of One World..

I guess the One World partnership is still a bit unknown but does anyone know what they are like currently for getting Award flights with - do they tend to have decent availability to UK??

I wonder if I book with US Airways with Thai if they would let me change dates if needs be (which i guess would be in April after the merger)

Argh what to do...what to do...
You are going to book a oneway? It's an expensive use of miles under the current rules...you could probably buy something cheaper or around the same cost with cash with a bit of shopping around.

If I was considering a oneway I'd be looking at LifeMiles who are currently running a promo. I have heard from others though that April/May availability is not looking so good at the moment.

Also, US will not be able to change your Thai dates after March 30...US will no longer have access to the inventory to do so...you can take that to the bank even when other things are uncertain. US is maintaining relationships with some partners but TG is not one of them, nor is Eva who would also give you a nice option from BNE.

Nothing is guaranteed about what the situation will be on Mar 31st. Will OneWorld redemption be immediately available? We don't know. Will the award chart be the same? We don't know. Will the rules be the same? We don't know.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 2:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bcworld
I don't think anyone here has done this in the past. People have flown from Australia to North America via Europe which is very different. Typically when people have done this the destination has been the east coast of North America. There is a thing called maximum permitted mileage and it allows travel to the east coast via Europe...it is far less generous for the west coast. Anything involving SFO, SYD and MUC would be massively over MPM.

Also, you don't arbitrarily choose your destination....in this itinerary your destination would be SYD as it is further from SFO then MUC.

That said, this is US and ultimately anything is possible, but you will need a completely clueless agent. You should be looking for SFO-SYD with a MUC stopover and hoping for MPM to be ignored. Expect to pay 110k in J.
Ha! It worked. And it worked with the most knowledgeable rep I talked to so far. Very complicated itinerary though. 110k in J + taxes.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 2:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by dave76
Very complicated itinerary though.
C'mon then...details!
Old Mar 14th 2014, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bcworld
You are going to book a oneway? It's an expensive use of miles under the current rules...you could probably buy something cheaper or around the same cost with cash with a bit of shopping around.

If I was considering a oneway I'd be looking at LifeMiles who are currently running a promo. I have heard from others though that April/May availability is not looking so good at the moment.

Also, US will not be able to change your Thai dates after March 30...US will no longer have access to the inventory to do so...you can take that to the bank even when other things are uncertain. US is maintaining relationships with some partners but TG is not one of them, nor is Eva who would also give you a nice option from BNE.

Nothing is guaranteed about what the situation will be on Mar 31st. Will OneWorld redemption be immediately available? We don't know. Will the award chart be the same? We don't know. Will the rules be the same? We don't know.
Ah thank you so much BCWorld - wish I lived closer to you so i could buy you a case of beer to say cheers
Old Mar 14th 2014, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

So ive just joined lifemiles and done a search for BNE to NCL oneway for May and its coming up all sold out. Not sure if this is right or if its because I have no miles in my account yet. But it sounds like availability is low like you said BC World.

Anyhoo my car sold this morning so its looking like we will be flying on 2nd May if I can get some flights booked up. I might save the US airways points for a trip back to sunny Oz next year - so trying to work out who best to book with for getting home to NCL.

Does anyone recommend any particular websites for searching for 'cheapish' business class fares?? if there is such a thing lol

Last edited by Koolcat; Mar 14th 2014 at 3:07 am.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 1:39 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Hi BC World,
Just topped up Life Miles I need to fly from BCN to BKK on 18th May 2014 using Life Miles but shows sold out. Is there any other alternative? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.