Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Feb 23rd 2014, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

foreveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

My lucky day then!

Silver preferred until the end of Feb 2015.

Timing might be perfect as I'm just planning a trip.

Good luck everyone
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Silver for me, hubby and best mate, all significant purchasers of miles but not flyers on US. Can't see that it's any use though, OneWorld Ruby seems to entitle us to use business class check in and that's about it.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough

Argh ive been searching this forum for days to try and find an answer to a question i have as I know the answer is in a post somewhere - and i just cant find it!!

So, I hope you dont mind me asking...

Which route is it that I cant take an infant in business class?

Trying to book a UK flight for us and Mr 12 months old and dont want to book onto a route that doesnt allow kids in business.

Also, we are going back to the UK for 18 months so im just thinking of booking a random return flight that we wont use. Is there other options to go business class one way instead of using dividend miles for return flights (i guess I mean cheaply lol)?

Thanks heaps!!!
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:20 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Koolcat
Which route is it that I cant take an infant in business class?

Trying to book a UK flight for us and Mr 12 months old and dont want to book onto a route that doesnt allow kids in business.
This used to be an issue with Thai's leased 777-300ERs...they are all gone now.

Also, we are going back to the UK for 18 months so im just thinking of booking a random return flight that we wont use. Is there other options to go business class one way instead of using dividend miles for return flights (i guess I mean cheaply lol)?
You don't need to book a random flight you won't use. You just book a oneway at return prices.

For oneways...use LifeMiles...I'm sure they will have another promo very soon.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 10:22 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

So I jumped on the Guam bandwagon and booked a magical mystery tour.

Departing Melbourne, 3 days in Shanghai, 1 day in Osaka, 2 days in Guam, 1 day in Hong Kong...back to Melbourne.

30,000 miles + $161 taxes pp for business class...about $750!
Old Feb 27th 2014, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bcworld
So I jumped on the Guam bandwagon and booked a magical mystery tour.

Departing Melbourne, 3 days in Shanghai, 1 day in Osaka, 2 days in Guam, 1 day in Hong Kong...back to Melbourne.

30,000 miles + $161 taxes pp for business class...about $750!
Excellent deal! Could you do longer stop overs? Apologies, is it LM or US?
Old Feb 27th 2014, 8:45 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by MeinMel
Excellent deal! Could you do longer stop overs? Apologies, is it LM or US?
US.

Same rules apply as any other itinerary...one destination (GUM) and one stopover somewhere semi logical en route. So the one stopover can be much longer than the time in GUM...that is what most people do with these GUM trips of course.

My stopover - Shanghai, other popular ones for GUM trips, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Osaka. Beijing is probably possible. Manila if that floats yer boat. Bangkok would work.

As an aside...my call to book went like this:

Me: I'd like to book MEL to GUM, I have some flights in mind I've checked availability for
Agent 1: When
Me: October
Agent 1: Sir, I can't book any flights for travel after March 30 due to US leaving Star Alliance
Me: I don't think that's correct...check the FAQs on your web site
Agent 1: Sir, we just received a new directive this morning
Me: Hmmm, so you're not prepared to check these flights for me
Agent 1: Sir, I can't book these flights

Hang Up A Call Again....

Me: I'd like to book MEL to GUM, I have some flights in mind I've checked availability for
Agent 2: Sure...what's the first one

15 mins later we're all done.

A lesson in HUACA!
Old Feb 27th 2014, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

Mmm in times like this I wish my LM miles were in US which holds currently 0 miles as unable to use my LM miles for my EU upgrades on SQ, damn!
September biz trip to Guam for self and my OH would be nice option. Will have to look at buying US miles.
Old Feb 27th 2014, 10:02 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by MeinMel
Mmm in times like this I wish my LM miles were in US which holds currently 0 miles as unable to use my LM miles for my EU upgrades on SQ, damn!
September biz trip to Guam for self and my OH would be nice option. Will have to look at buying US miles.
I guess it's possible they'll have one last promo in March? They have one this month but it's only for US Airways credit card holders.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough

Thanks heaps BCWorld for reply to my post above, very much appreciated

Im hoping to pick brains again.....Im wanting to get to UK ..and wanting to do Bne - BKK - CDG - which I can do on Thai...

Anyone know if there is a morning 1 flight option from CDG into somewhere in the UK??
The Thai Flight lands at 7.05am and for 95 quid I can get to NCL with Air France but the flight isnt until 3.30pm - it would be ok if it was just me but I will have a bored big baby (hubby) and a bored little baby (Mr 13 months) that I might struggle to entertain for 8 hours lol

Or is their a hotel in CDG airport, or somewhere to pass 8 hours?? Bub is still having day sleeps so wont last 8 hours

Thanks loads
Old Feb 28th 2014, 1:26 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Thanks heaps BCWorld for reply to my post above, very much appreciated

Im hoping to pick brains again.....Im wanting to get to UK ..and wanting to do Bne - BKK - CDG - which I can do on Thai...

Anyone know if there is a morning 1 flight option from CDG into somewhere in the UK??
The Thai Flight lands at 7.05am and for 95 quid I can get to NCL with Air France but the flight isnt until 3.30pm - it would be ok if it was just me but I will have a bored big baby (hubby) and a bored little baby (Mr 13 months) that I might struggle to entertain for 8 hours lol

Or is their a hotel in CDG airport, or somewhere to pass 8 hours?? Bub is still having day sleeps so wont last 8 hours

Thanks loads
I have looked into this myself although opted to do it the other way around - into LHR, out of CDG to avoid the UK APD. Any options I found involved a similar long wait - this was to Scottish airport but NCL is probably similar.

Another option you could look at is buying BA Avios...although there are no direct flights to NCL you could do CDG-LHR-NTL for 4,500 avios + GBP17.50.

The cost to buy 9000 avios (guessing you might not need an infant fare for this itin) is currently GBP143. Overall it's cheaper than paying cash.

You could also do it business class for 18000 avios total i.e. GBP306 total for both of you...and have a stop at the Galleries lounge in T5.

Ultimately you get to NCL a couple of hours earlier.

Possibly not worth the hassle, in which case there are sure to be hotels at or near CDG with flexible check in times hopefully.

Note that there is an SK flight from CPH-NCL...so you could do BNE-BKK-CPH-NCL flight leaves in the evening so you'd need to spend the day in Copenhagen...but you'd get it all on one ticket.

Last edited by bcworld; Feb 28th 2014 at 1:28 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I guess it's possible they'll have one last promo in March?
Looks like it - I've had the email today......
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 9:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by louie
Looks like it - I've had the email today......
75% for me...meh!
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Hadn't actually checked as I don't need any more.... but ditto for me, for hubby and best mate. Might be worth it if Oneworld would suit you better and you don't think AA will continue these offers though.
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 11:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

100% for my husband but I'm not sure about me since mine go to my work email. I might buy another 50k each so we've got some banked. We'd like to visit Europe next year so they'll come in handy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.