Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jan 16th 2014, 6:07 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by k974
With the move the one world will we be able to redeem miles there, i have a lot of miles and havent got any trips planned just wondering if i should exahust all miles by booking trips before 31st March, and wether to take up the new 100% offer.
Yes, OneWorld redemptions will of course be available...no one yet knows the exact details however. In fact, as of now, you can book American Airlines award flights online at usairways.com...not that that helps most of us to get anywhere.

In my opinion there's no need to use up miles before March 31...if you have something to book, fair enough, otherwise I'm happy sitting on mine. You just need to remember that post March 31 we may be working with a different set of rules and a different award chart.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

k974 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
when and where did you get back, maybe we were on same flight?
Hi went over on the 16th and back on the 6th, same dates as you?
Old Jan 16th 2014, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

We went from Sydney on 16th to Bangkok (seat 1A and 2A) then on to London (seat 3e and 3f), came back yesterday
Old Jan 16th 2014, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

I think I was on the other flight out syd that day was on tg472 as I had seat 2a, ye must had the one with the suites I had that coming back in
Old Jan 16th 2014, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Sorry I was 14th it was 16th when inleft bkk as I had 1.5days there
Old Jan 16th 2014, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Sorry mine was 14thoxed up withy flight from bkk to lhr which I got on the 16th from bkk
Old Jan 16th 2014, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k974
I think I was on the other flight out syd that day was on tg472 as I had seat 2a, ye must had the one with the suites I had that coming back in
Yep we had the suites both ways, I cant imagine flying long haul in economy again!!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 3:57 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I may well head back to the UK for a visit Xmas 2014 so last night speculatively made a one way booking with LifeMiles.

I was able to book SYD-BKK-LHR in TG F for the weekend before Xmas. It's interesting that you can't even book these flights yet on the Thai website as they are further out than 330 days but you can with LifeMiles!

TG hasn't opened up seats past Xmas yet but I will probably go for a business class back to MEL once all the options are loaded.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Thai now have Suites in first?!?

Damn
Old Jan 20th 2014, 9:19 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Thai now have Suites in first?!?

Damn
Mini suites you might call them as they don't have the closing doors that some suite products have...but are a lot more private than the older 747 F class and on the A346.

New 747 F:

A380 F:

Old Jan 20th 2014, 10:39 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Re joining Life Miles... when I get to the site it is written in Spanish (which I can change to an English setting) and then to join it asks for my drivers licence or passport number and name etc.

I feel a bit uncomfortable giving out that information on a strange (to me) website on the net.

Have all other BE Life Miles beneficiaries tried and tested this... is it safe and I won't get my ID stolen!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 11:59 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by brissybee
Re joining Life Miles... when I get to the site it is written in Spanish (which I can change to an English setting) and then to join it asks for my drivers licence or passport number and name etc.

I feel a bit uncomfortable giving out that information on a strange (to me) website on the net.

Have all other BE Life Miles beneficiaries tried and tested this... is it safe and I won't get my ID stolen!
Until all the details get stolen from LifeMiles I'm not sure what advice anyone can give that's definitive.

They've had my details for over 18 months and I haven't been cloned yet.

To be honest, I suspect you could make up a fictitious driving license number - they are not going to check it against anything. Maybe just keep a record of the fictitious one in case they ever prompt you for it as a security question.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:33 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Until all the details get stolen from LifeMiles I'm not sure what advice anyone can give that's definitive.

They've had my details for over 18 months and I haven't been cloned yet.

To be honest, I suspect you could make up a fictitious driving license number - they are not going to check it against anything. Maybe just keep a record of the fictitious one in case they ever prompt you for it as a security question.
Thanks for that reassurance.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Lindajane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Have got flights booked to the UK in March, departing Sydney via Krakow and returning September via Seoul. I need to move the return flight dates but am being told that the whole booking needs to be cancelled and rebuilt. Is this right? It makes it tricky if it is as availability for the outward leg has now gone. Have also just been told that OS are now not flying to KRK on the day we arrive in Vienna so now have an 11hr wait for the Lot flight. Does anyone know if we can go into Vienna without clearing our luggage and also whether we could still use the business lounge as they can only give us economy seats?

Cheers
Old Jan 25th 2014, 12:38 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Lindajane
Hi All,
Have got flights booked to the UK in March, departing Sydney via Krakow and returning September via Seoul. I need to move the return flight dates but am being told that the whole booking needs to be cancelled and rebuilt. Is this right? It makes it tricky if it is as availability for the outward leg has now gone. Have also just been told that OS are now not flying to KRK on the day we arrive in Vienna so now have an 11hr wait for the Lot flight. Does anyone know if we can go into Vienna without clearing our luggage and also whether we could still use the business lounge as they can only give us economy seats?

Cheers
If you're just looking to change the return dates and still fly say, LHR-ICN-SYD, then there is no way they booking needs to be cancelled. However its quite common for agents to claim this. You are aware of the risks so don't do it! It's a classic case of hang up and call again. If that's not getting you anywhere try for a supervisor.

For the other question...make sure the bags are checked through to KRK and you should be fine to head into the city...hopefully the layover times are convenient. Lounge access is unlikely in this scenario I'd say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.