Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jan 14th 2014, 6:07 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Thank you BCWorld

Originally Posted by bcworld
United? Do you mean US?

Indonesia will be in the same zone as Singapore - it will be a 90k business redemption on US.

You can get 2 business returns to New Zealand for 60K...great value. Even PER to Cook Islands, Tahiti etc is just 30k.
Hi BC, we're off to Auckland from Perth on 2nd Feb one way. Tried business class with Life Miles but there were none available for any dates so have booked economy (17,500 miles). Is there a way we could upgrade? Thanks.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 6:09 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ballys
Hi BC, we're off to Auckland from Perth on 2nd Feb one way. Tried business class with Life Miles but there were none available for any dates so have booked economy (17,500 miles). Is there a way we could upgrade? Thanks.
No, especially when you've used miles to book.

I did notice that the availability on PER-AKL is much tougher since they upgraded the plane to a 777...it used to be really easy to get seats on the 767.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 6:11 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Oh...I maybe shouldn't bring this up...but there is a trick to get return trips to Asia for 30k in business...I will try and dig out some details from elsewhere.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 7:55 am
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Oh...I maybe shouldn't bring this up...but there is a trick to get return trips to Asia for 30k in business...I will try and dig out some details from elsewhere.
Hope this includes Perth...
Old Jan 14th 2014, 8:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see my edit to that post?

Alternatively you can wait to transfer them to AA where they may get you a one way to Europe in business.
Sorry bc, missed the edit before, have had an endless round of doctor appointments today. Did you mean I can use the points with a One World carrier? As far as I can tell from the KVS tool there were no Star Alliance flights from Perth to anywhere in the South Pacific.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking forward to reading this BC.
Don't be shy......

Keef ;o)
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

It won't go any further
Old Jan 14th 2014, 6:24 pm
My hovercraft is full of

Come on BC spill the beans.......after all I did vote for you in this.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=818258
Old Jan 14th 2014, 8:56 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Well the secret has been spilled elsewhere so I'm not going to write much about it. To add to the info you will find in this link, many, many people have now booked these trips and have been successful in getting en route stopovers in a more expensive zone e.g. BKK, HKG, NRT with the (business) award still pricing at 30k. Others are booking F awards for 40k of course. Some go to the final destination for just a day...others might go for longer, I hear the diving is good but not much else!

Now, not all US agents are going to just accept this kind of itinerary, and I'd prefer this thread not fill up with discussion about tricks...so if you call up and try and book this there is a reasonable chance you will be knocked back. Don't argue...just hang up and call again. This award with a stopover should be 90k (in business) it just seems to often price at 30k.

Some people report that a good method of getting the stopover is to put the award on hold with no stopover...the agent might put 30k in the notes at that point...and then when calling back attempt to add the stopover.

You'll need to check availability of all segments yourself...doubt any of the tools are going to plot a successful route from origin to destination.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:25 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

New offer, likely targeted at 2013 buyers:

Old Jan 15th 2014, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Interestring!

Thanks BC )
Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, just returned from UK yesterday after a fantastic return trip first class, thanks for everyone's help (especially BC)
Now that the US Airways thing is finishing what is the best way to get flights via Airmiles or similar so we don't have to fly economy anymore?

By the way, the Thai Air flights were excellent, couldn't fault in any way and the service at Bangkok was great. Of course we didn't get any favours when we returned to OZ but that's no surprise.
It's the first time we were sad when the plane landed and we had to get off!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Glad you enjoyed Kev, i told you they were good
Old Jan 16th 2014, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

k974 will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys,

With the move the one world will we be able to redeem miles there, i have a lot of miles and havent got any trips planned just wondering if i should exahust all miles by booking trips before 31st March, and wether to take up the new 100% offer.

also to the previous poster i also just got back from a 1st class trip and would like to thank BC who advised me on how to book at short notice. a great expierence i wont forget.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k974
Hi Guys,

With the move the one world will we be able to redeem miles there, i have a lot of miles and havent got any trips planned just wondering if i should exahust all miles by booking trips before 31st March, and wether to take up the new 100% offer.

also to the previous poster i also just got back from a 1st class trip and would like to thank BC who advised me on how to book at short notice. a great expierence i wont forget.
when and where did you get back, maybe we were on same flight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.