Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Dec 1st 2013, 10:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

BC, do you know if there is there something similar for One World carriers? We'd like to go to Canada next year and have found it's really only the OW carriers who are convenient for us - Emirates or Cathay both have only one stop flights where on any of the Star Alliance routes we have to have at least 2 if not 3 stops.

I wonder, if we buy Dividend Miles whether once the merger happens we can book with Emirates.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 10:51 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
BC, do you know if there is there something similar for One World carriers? We'd like to go to Canada next year and have found it's really only the OW carriers who are convenient for us - Emirates or Cathay both have only one stop flights where on any of the Star Alliance routes we have to have at least 2 if not 3 stops.

I wonder, if we buy Dividend Miles whether once the merger happens we can book with Emirates.
Emirates is not in OneWorld and doesn't have any plans to be...it's just a partner of Qantas.

American Airlines (OneWorld) does sell miles with promos but not to the extent US does. I reckon the best way to get a stash of AA miles is to buy USDM now and convert them to AA once the merger is finalised.

AA's routing rules are much more complicated....you wouldn't be able to fly PER-HKG-Canada on Cathay on a single award for example, but there are also some sweetspots in their program too...I've been meaning to do a post on it but haven't got around to it yet.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

Looking at Thai business for next June Mel to LHR, it seems Thai are refitting their 747 so would they be the better option over the A340-600?
Old Dec 1st 2013, 11:14 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treefingers
Looking at Thai business for next June Mel to LHR, it seems Thai are refitting their 747 so would they be the better option over the A340-600?
Thai have finished their 747 refit a while back (there may be 1 old one still out there). While they fitted new business class seats they are just the same angled lie flat seats found on most of the 777s - not the full lie flats like on the A380. It's a matter of opinion but many people actually prefer the older seats on the A346 (for sleeping)...I don't really have a preference.

The refitted 747s got a brand new F product and a much needed upgrade in economy...it's a pity they didn't have a better business seat to put in.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

Originally Posted by bcworld
Thai have finished their 747 refit a while back (there may be 1 old one still out there). While they fitted new business class seats they are just the same angled lie flat seats found on most of the 777s - not the full lie flats like on the A380. It's a matter of opinion but many people actually prefer the older seats on the A346 (for sleeping)...I don't really have a preference.

The refitted 747s got a brand new F product and a much needed upgrade in economy...it's a pity they didn't have a better business seat to put in.
Right thanks, when I look at awardtravelr it actually doesn't show the BKK to LHR I was looking at on Thai website. Only flights they have are TG to BKK, then EVA to LHR which seems like a good option.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 11:55 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Right thanks, when I look at awardtravelr it actually doesn't show the BKK to LHR I was looking at on Thai website. Only flights they have are TG to BKK, then EVA to LHR which seems like a good option.
The EVA seat is great...I would always take that.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 1:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates is not in OneWorld and doesn't have any plans to be...it's just a partner of Qantas.

American Airlines (OneWorld) does sell miles with promos but not to the extent US does. I reckon the best way to get a stash of AA miles is to buy USDM now and convert them to AA once the merger is finalised.

AA's routing rules are much more complicated....you wouldn't be able to fly PER-HKG-Canada on Cathay on a single award for example, but there are also some sweetspots in their program too...I've been meaning to do a post on it but haven't got around to it yet.
Ah, thanks for that. Looks like we may need to do the PER-MEL/SYD-LAX/SFO-YYZ thing, then. It's a PITA, but gives the opportunity for a stop along the way I guess. The problem is that we perfer to transit in SFO but always end up with Air Canada on the last leg of the trip.

It probably hasn't been said for a while, so once again, thanks for all your help with this stuff. It's really appreciated.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 7:09 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Nice 100% share promo now live! 5 days only!

https://buy.points.com/marketing/usa...0000000_021213
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Nice 100% share promo now live! 5 days only!

https://buy.points.com/marketing/usa...0000000_021213
With this offer, is the following possible. The T&C's for the offer aren't exactly extensive, my partner already has a account so not issue with the 12 day thing.

Me = Currently 120k miles
Partner = Currently 0 Miles

I share 50k with my Partner & Partner buys 50k

Me = 70k
Partner = 150k

Partner Shares 30k with me

Me = 130k
Partner - 120k
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 11:14 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

With this offer, is the following possible. The T&C's for the offer aren't exactly extensive, my partner already has a account so not issue with the 12 day thing.

Me = Currently 120k miles
Partner = Currently 0 Miles

I share 50k with my Partner & Partner buys 50k

Me = 70k
Partner = 150k

Partner Shares 30k with me

Me = 130k
Partner - 120k
Yup...that would work.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Yup...that would work.

Could you share 10000 then keep sharing them back & fourth till you hit the 50k max share? Fee's would be $950. Seems to good to be true if so

Miles Share bonus
10000 5000
15000 7500
22500 16500
48000 48000
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 12:19 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Could you share 10000 then keep sharing them back & fourth till you hit the 50k max share? Fee's would be $950. Seems to good to be true if so

Miles Share bonus
10000 5000
15000 7500
22500 16500
48000 48000
You could, although it's more of a LifeMiles tactic than a US one...I'm sure people do do it though. With a short lived promo like this one probably a bit of a risk with delayed transactions although most are going through instantly.

Remeber the 50k max share is likely cumulative (or at least that's their intention), not per transaction.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

You could, although it's more of a LifeMiles tactic than a US one...I'm sure people do do it though. With a short lived promo like this one probably a bit of a risk with delayed transactions although most are going through instantly.

Remeber the 50k max share is likely cumulative (or at least that's their intention), not per transaction.
thanks, have to figure out the maths carefully
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 3:10 am
Still alive

thanks, have to figure out the maths carefully
What we've done is that there are 3 of us who want to travel. We each have our own account where we've bought 50k miles each last night and now have 50k banked. So today I gifted 50 000 miles to my husband's account so he has 100k from me + his original 50k. He's gifted 50k to my daughter so now she has 100k from him + her original 50k and he has 100 000. She's then gifted me 50k so now I have 100 000 miles and she has 100 000. Tomorrow we'll each buy another 20 000 miles and gift them around the same way so we each end up with 140 000 miles - enough for return to Canada flying first class. We're going to do some research later this week on which route we want and ring USAir on Saturday with flight numbers and get our booking in for travel in July.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What we've done is that there are 3 of us who want to travel. We each have our own account where we've bought 50k miles each last night and now have 50k banked. So today I gifted 50 000 miles to my husband's account so he has 100k from me + his original 50k. He's gifted 50k to my daughter so now she has 100k from him + her original 50k and he has 100 000. She's then gifted me 50k so now I have 100 000 miles and she has 100 000. Tomorrow we'll each buy another 20 000 miles and gift them around the same way so we each end up with 140 000 miles - enough for return to Canada flying first class. We're going to do some research later this week on which route we want and ring USAir on Saturday with flight numbers and get our booking in for travel in July.
Cant you only gift 50k max during the whole promotion?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.