Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Nov 26th 2013, 9:17 am
Just Joined

ThomasCorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Found some usefull information Thank you ppl
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Hi could someone please point me to a up to date informative post in this massive thread. I have my dividend miles & hope to get over to London from Melbourne next June. I haven't kept up with this thread in a couple of years, are Thai Business still the main chose for this trip or can we know go with Singapore?

many thanks
Old Nov 27th 2013, 11:18 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treefingers
Hi could someone please point me to a up to date informative post in this massive thread. I have my dividend miles & hope to get over to London from Melbourne next June. I haven't kept up with this thread in a couple of years, are Thai Business still the main chose for this trip or can we know go with Singapore?

many thanks
Nothing has changed with Singapore Airlines...you can travel in business on selected SQ flights between Australia and SIN...but no SQ flights will be available to the vast majority of, if not all, EU destinations.

There is a new entrant, Eva Air, flying between BKK and LHR which has a fantastic business seat.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 11:37 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld

There is a new entrant, Eva Air, flying between BKK and LHR which has a fantastic business seat.
That's interesting bc, didn't know that!
Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Treefingers - if you have been out of the loop you might not know that US Airways are merging with AA and will be leaving Star Alliance, probably in March 2014, to join OneWorld. Also, be aware that whilst you should be able to book for June now, if you have schedule changes or need to change anything after US leaves Star, you may well have problems, judging by what happened when BMI left Star.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

Thanks, so if I book in the next week & get my ticket issued I should be pretty safe, although I could be in for some lengthy phone calls should there be a change to the flights?
  1. So for the booking process I get all my flight numbers using sites like http://beta.awardtravelr.com/
  2. I then call the reservations number at US airways, hope I get one of the helpful staff members otherwise call back.
  3. Once they confirm the ticket I should then contact the airways & also confirm the ticket.

Is it still around us$450 in taxes?
Old Nov 30th 2013, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

A quick, semi-related post to say thanks for the heads up for the link on this thread to that which discussed airmiles status recognition. United has recognized and preserved my AA level.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 12:20 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

When I booked my husband's PER - MAN - PER return flights, I was told that I could change the return flights (MAN - PER) at a cost of US$150.
I've just tried to do that and was told that this information was incorrect, flights can only be changed prior to the commencement of travel, ie prior to leaving Perth.

I suppose my only option is to either use another 120,000 points for MAN-PER flights, or book a cash flight? Excuse me for swearing, but shit
Old Dec 1st 2013, 8:38 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
When I booked my husband's PER - MAN - PER return flights, I was told that I could change the return flights (MAN - PER) at a cost of US$150.
I've just tried to do that and was told that this information was incorrect, flights can only be changed prior to the commencement of travel, ie prior to leaving Perth.

I suppose my only option is to either use another 120,000 points for MAN-PER flights, or book a cash flight? Excuse me for swearing, but shit
Sorry to hear that spouse. It's a pity I didn't see your other thread until later as I would have given you this advice as I have to others in a similar situation.

The no changes once travel has begun rule has always been stated in the membership guide. If you are sure that you were told otherwise then it might be worthwhile trying to persevere with a supervisor - perhaps a recording of the call can be pulled up - probably not knowing US IT.

I wouldn't be buying / using another 120k miles for a oneway...you might find something cheaper for cash, even in business.

There is likely to be a short 100% share promo starting today which is an excellent deal if you already have miles.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 9:43 pm
Concierge

Sorry to hear that spouse. It's a pity I didn't see your other thread until later as I would have given you this advice as I have to others in a similar situation.

The no changes once travel has begun rule has always been stated in the membership guide. If you are sure that you were told otherwise then it might be worthwhile trying to persevere with a supervisor - perhaps a recording of the call can be pulled up - probably not knowing US IT.

I wouldn't be buying / using another 120k miles for a oneway...you might find something cheaper for cash, even in business.

There is likely to be a short 100% share promo starting today which is an excellent deal if you already have miles.
My own fault bc, I should have read your thread properly. I'll probably use miles for his one way, I already have them and there's a bit of a cash flow problem at the moment. But I'll have a squizzy at what's available for cash, I might get lucky
Old Dec 1st 2013, 9:56 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

My own fault bc, I should have read your thread properly. I'll probably use miles for his one way, I already have them and there's a bit of a cash flow problem at the moment. But I'll have a squizzy at what's available for cash, I might get lucky
One other thing. LifeMiles is likely starting a promo tomorrow for 100% buy miles (it was accidentally leaked on Facebook the other day). At short notice you will likely be able to get Singapore Airlines all the was UK-PER...availability is generally good.

Cash flow permitting the cost of the one way would be about USD1750.

If you are interested and not already signed up sign up TODAY before the promo starts.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 10:00 pm
Concierge

One other thing. LifeMiles is likely starting a promo tomorrow for 100% buy miles (it was accidentally leaked on Facebook the other day). At short notice you will likely be able to get Singapore Airlines all the was UK-PER...availability is generally good.

Cash flow permitting the cost of the one way would be about USD1750.

If you are interested and not already signed up sign up TODAY before the promo starts.
Thanks, I'll do that right now!
Old Dec 1st 2013, 10:04 pm
Concierge

Thanks, I'll do that right now!
bc, is it Avianca LifeMiles? Thanks.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 10:18 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bc, is it Avianca LifeMiles? Thanks.
Yes, sign up here:

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/mya/myp/mypfasenr.aspx
Old Dec 1st 2013, 10:20 pm
Concierge

Cheers, onto it You're a star, bc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.