Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

swmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Ok went to NZ for Christmas and New Year last year .Want to see some where in South Pacific if possible this year.

I am in Adelaide but will be happy to travel from any Australian airport any ideas.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

sfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sfr09
Thanks for replying I just rang us air I can get mel bkk in business then first class to london and the return all the way first for the dates I want so I am pretty happy with that
I have another question if anyone can help, I made the booking for my husband and son then went ahead and bought the extra miles I needed so both accounts have 150000 in , I rang back today to get it ticketed and they told me miles needed to be in the one account so I would have to transfer the miles or risk losing the flights if the cancel and make two seperate bookings , I thought they could take the miles from each seperate account , it would cost a bit to share 150000 miles to the one account.
Is it worth ringing back to try again or should I start again and try and get the flights this
Thanks Susanne
Old Nov 5th 2013, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Ring back - more than once if necessary. As often happens with US you have got someone who doesn't know how to do something so tells you it cannot be done. I have put flights for two people on hold under one reference and then had them split to be ticketed and charged to two accounts several times - it definitely can be done without any drama.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 9:26 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Alternatively, just make the two separate bookings, and then get the carrier airline to list them as being together.

Are the two accounts in the names of the travellers?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

sfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud of

Thanks for your replies

Yes they are two seperate accounts but the booking is holding the two seats and the agt told me that the seats might be lost if they are seperated , she said the miles needed to be in one account but I will call back later and try again when home
Old Nov 6th 2013, 1:52 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

As Louie said, it depends on the booking clerk you get. I've had large problems with one Dividend Miles girl, phoned back to a different girl and nothing was too much trouble.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 2:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies

Yes they are two seperate accounts but the booking is holding the two seats and the agt told me that the seats might be lost if they are seperated , she said the miles needed to be in one account but I will call back later and try again when home
She just doesn't know what to do. They need to be 'splitting the PNR' to create one reservation per DM account. Hang up and call again until you get someone competent.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Probe1066 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

I've just used the deal to book Perth to Gatwick via Singapore, Seoul and Istanbul flying with Singapore and Turkish Airlines.

How do I choose my seats now? I have been given some confirmation codes for Singapore and Turkish airlines but they aren't accepted on the websites?

Do I need to contact the Airlines directly to book seats? I is confused. Any advice appreciated!
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

HI yes just contact the Airline to book seats Contact Thai, the Singapore, then Turkish, its pretty straight forward good luck
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bcworld
She just doesn't know what to do. They need to be 'splitting the PNR' to create one reservation per DM account. Hang up and call again until you get someone competent.
Thanks again all sorted now , we all going first class to London very exciting , how will we ever get used to economy after this
Old Nov 11th 2013, 11:28 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again all sorted now , we all going first class to London very exciting , how will we ever get used to economy after this
Don't forget us little people while you're sipping your champers Good stuff about the flights, enjoy!
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:24 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

Simple answer - you won't! We flew first Sydney-Rome and back London-Sydney earlier this year, and I just can't imagine doing the same journey in cattle class. Thai all the way and the service was fantastic.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 4:40 am
Just Joined

Kenji.1 will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone, sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings but it would appear that the s**t has just hit the fan.
Have just spent untold hours onto U>S>Air trying to sort a problem with a confirmed booking and nobody could find out what was going on (Ikow, situation normal) anyway at last it was discovered that the announcement had just been made that the merger with AA was going ahead possibly 1st Jan AND most/all airlines have closed up against U>S>.
The girl told us that although our bookings appear as confirmed on the Thai Airways site it will not be honoured as they are unable to issue E Tickets.

The only possible ray of sunshine here is that I gather that they simply do not know and are coming up against problems that they have never seen before.

I can only suggest that if you are holding a booking that you get on the phone to them, but be warned it is likely to be a long long call.Any thoughts BC????
Old Nov 15th 2013, 7:07 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like the kind of tall tale US agents are prone to coming up with. I had a very quick glance at Flyertalk and saw no mention of it so it seems unlikely. If the merger is going ahead Jan 1 though I would expect something like this to happen very soon.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

foreveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura aboutforeveryoung1 has a spectacular aura about

I just checked to ensure my booking for next April back to Europe was ok and saw a message that a flight change had occured.On checking, Thai have cancelled my 1st flight PER/BKK and US Airways have put me on the flight the following day, this flight misses my onward connecting flights BKK/FRA and FRA/INN by several hours.
The message says contact us to accept these flights
The timing couldn't have been worse as the merger has resulted in US Airways attempting a quick exit from the star alliance which looks as though Thai have responded to by blocking the use of our points.
Some good news on reading the US press is that points will eventually be merged into the American rewards system on a 1 to 1 basis, taking us into the One World Alliance. It looks as though we may not be able to make bookings until the first qtr 2014.
In the meantime i'm hoping to get a refund of my points and taxes.
If only they'd sent me an email or not been so stupid to leave me with totally unconnecting flights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.