Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Just a heads up o availability - I tried to get flights from Rio to LHR and they found nothing! She kept saying that because they are leaving the star alliance their partners were cutting available award flights.

Literally nothing out of South America on TAP, TAM, etc!
Originally Posted by bcworld
This isn't actually true though...its just something some of them say...they say all sorts of things!
Actually several *A partners did pull out before the end of BMI - but only in the last few days as far as I can remember. I'd agree with BCW that this is probably an excuse.

Did you check availability yourself before you called? I had a booking LHR - LIS - GRU (TAP)/GIG - FRA - LHR (LH) earlier this year, found without too much difficulty although I appreciate that may no longer be the case. When are you looking at?
Old Aug 7th 2013, 2:31 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seawasp
I booked my flight my award flights with United two days ago and I still haven't got a confirmation email, despite the reservation agent saying that they will send a confirmation email. My confirmation number is not working on the United reservation system.

I can't stomach to call them again. They are such a pain. First they lost my reservation, because it wasn't ticketed and now it seems that they haven't made the booking. Anyone else experienced this?
From what I read ticketing problems are not uncommon with United. As you know a reservation and ticketing are 2 separate things.

Having a reservation does not mean tickets have been issued and having a reservation alone does not mean you'll be able to fly.

UA needs to first ticket the flights then pass the ticket details to the operating carrier(s). If the operating carriers don't receive a ticket number within a short time they may cancel the reservation. Probably worse still, the reservation can still exist for a long time, show a status of confirmed but without tickets it is useless.

In your case, if you can't pull up your reservation on UA and you booked with UA then unfortunately you need to get on the phone...what else can you do? I suppose you could call the operating carrier you think you're booked on...ask them if they can see your reservation AND (and this is important!) ask them if they can see a ticket number against the reservation.

Last edited by bcworld; Aug 7th 2013 at 2:33 am.
Old Aug 11th 2013, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Trippin MumBerry is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been searching to book award flights on AA.com, and it looks like there is availability for every class for the days I want, but then every single flight combination I have tried says 'the flight you have requested is no longer available..try again'- this despite it showing available until I select and press the 'continue' button.
I have tried lots of other flight combinations to test it out and cannot find any that let me get beyond the 'continue'- is there a problem with the online booking engine, or with my computer or me?
The Krisflyer engine is working fine...
Anyone had similar problems? Thanks
Old Aug 14th 2013, 9:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23687680
Old Aug 14th 2013, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting.......
I guess it's not over till the fat lady sings..........
Old Aug 14th 2013, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

waiting at Bangkok for the next flight to Belgium, great flight and service from brizzy
Old Aug 15th 2013, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

I may need a one way business class flight from Brazil to the UK next february

I recall seeing something about an alternate scheme which is good for one way flights. Can anyone link me to the posts and give me an update on if it is still good?

Been searching for ages and failing
Old Aug 15th 2013, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Probably Avianca. Haven't used their scheme myself yet, but I think bcworld has.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:59 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

I may need a one way business class flight from Brazil to the UK next february

I recall seeing something about an alternate scheme which is good for one way flights. Can anyone link me to the posts and give me an update on if it is still good?

Been searching for ages and failing
Some info starting with your post around #1625...relates to Buenos Aires but LifeMiles also offers long winded options to São Paulo...not sure I've seen Rio.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Some info starting with your post around #1625...relates to Buenos Aires but LifeMiles also offers long winded options to São Paulo...not sure I've seen Rio.
Thanks Louie &

Thanks bcworld. SP isn't a problem. Can get a bus from Rio to SP is need be. Will have a look now
Old Aug 15th 2013, 10:43 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Thanks Louie &

Thanks bcworld. SP isn't a problem. Can get a bus from Rio to SP is need be. Will have a look now
If you are struggling with ex SYD flights consider making your own way to PER. There is generally good availability on South African PER-JNB-South American Cities (EZE and GRU?).
Old Aug 15th 2013, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

If you are struggling with ex SYD flights consider making your own way to PER. There is generally good availability on South African PER-JNB-South American Cities (EZE and GRU?).
I'm no longer in Australia

Just trying to get back to LHR!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

By the way, as others have already said - thanks for this thread. I flew home twice first class with Thai and it cost me less than Qantas wanted for economy. I also have 300k miles stockpiled so defo going to have some more 1st class journeys!

I even managed to get flights a few days before xmas at no notice and came back on New Year Eve. Can't think of more expensive flights to get, Qantas probably would have wanted $6k!

I have to fly economy from Rio to LHR....and i'm dreading it
Old Aug 16th 2013, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

sat here 5:30 in the morning due to a bit of jet lag..

Our trip was was BNE-BKK BKK-BRU then BRU to LHR.

The first leg was on a 777 seats were not lie flat but they were more than adequate, service was outstanding.

Second leg was also a 777 this time we got lie flat beds. What a pleasure, service again was faultless. im 6,3 and had no trouble with the seat/bed being long enough. interesting there was first class on this leg but the seat type were the same for business and first the setout was bit different

Third leg was interesting the seats we were no different with no more legroom then anyone else. the seats were interesting reminded me of garden furniture. this flight was only an hour so no problem.

The lounges do make a big difference on a long journey and they were all comfortable. I do reckon the emirate lounge far better than any we went into.

BCworld id like to thank you for putting this thread up it means we can now travel in comfort at a realistic price.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 5:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by SUPERCAD
Third leg was interesting the seats we were no different with no more legroom then anyone else. the seats were interesting reminded me of garden furniture. this flight was only an hour so no problem.
This is normal for intra-EU business class, almost every airline is the same...onboard essentially all you get is a blocked middle seat.

Glad you enjoyed TG!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.