Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Aug 2nd 2013, 1:46 am
Just Joined

markfisher61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Thanks for all the tips here, folks. Very useful!

I have my lifemiles and I'm trying to book from Perth to London in October, but I'm getting no availability either in First or business class.

Is that normal? I thought October was low season and getting a flight wouldn't be difficult.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 1:55 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markfisher61
Thanks for all the tips here, folks. Very useful!

I have my lifemiles and I'm trying to book from Perth to London in October, but I'm getting no availability either in First or business class.

Is that normal? I thought October was low season and getting a flight wouldn't be difficult.
There is availability. The problem is the LifeMiles booking engine...it doesn't offer connecting flights with transit times of more than about 8 hours. I see loads of availability on Eva between BKK and LHR but the flight departs at 1250 which would mean an overnight connection in BKK...LifeMiles will not allow this unless booked as a multicity (more points). A US agent on the phone would be able to do this. The flight you need to be available is the 1AM departure Thai flight (BKK-LHR)...and this one is relatively hard to get
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 2:03 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if Centurian still posts here, but if he/she does, a huge thanks for the heads up re KVS - I joined as a Diamond member for 12 months and I've already had my $75 worth just with the fun of looking at flight combinations for PER - MAN - PER. As has been mentioned before Thai business availability seems excellent from Perth, and I'm liking the availability of Thai first class from BKK to some European airports

ps am keeping the Star Alliance thing in mind, just lookin' for now.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Is any one having trouble with awardtravelr.com
I am getting stuck at the search. Once i've input my search criterion the search engine just hangs.............

Is it the same for anyone else?
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keefymonster
Is any one having trouble with awardtravelr.com
I am getting stuck at the search. Once i've input my search criterion the search engine just hangs.............

Is it the same for anyone else?
Out of four computers I have tried using it on over at least a year, only one works - as with you, it just hangs on the others. I sent them two emails asking if I needed any particular software to make it work, but never got any answer. Still have no idea why it only works on that one machine.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

It only started happening this week.
I was searching last weekend with no issues, very strange.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

seawasp is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any way to book one way business class flights from Europe to Australia?

Also, I get different answers from united regarding miles for a Europe to Sydney return flight award miles - I have been quoted 100 000 award miles in July and now it is 120 000 award miles. Did it go up recently?
Old Aug 4th 2013, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

So are people still loading up on dividend miles or have you moved to that other South American one? Avianca?

Also, when US join Oneworld alliance is there any heads up on if we will get screwed with our miles? FOr example they do a 1:1 merge of miles but star alliance want 200k to go first return?

I'm tempted to get more in case Oneworld works out well for us mile holders....

Last edited by Tonyc88; Aug 4th 2013 at 4:34 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

No-one knows what will happen. AA presently require 160k for Australia - Europe return in first though, so not much different but AA's rules are very different to US's; not necessarily worse, just different. They might take the opportunity to increase the miles required when they merge, but that would pee off both AA and US FFs at a time when said FFs are deciding who to fly with in future so hopefully they won't! If only I had a crystal ball.....
Old Aug 4th 2013, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by seawasp
Is there any way to book one way business class flights from Europe to Australia?

Also, I get different answers from united regarding miles for a Europe to Sydney return flight award miles - I have been quoted 100 000 award miles in July and now it is 120 000 award miles. Did it go up recently?
hi we have just booked , through flight center London, to go to oz business class, then on to nz then nz back to uk, cost for two £8,400 where as air nz wanted £10,500 just from uk and back gone though Malaysian they have a special on from oz we went air nz
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:11 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seawasp

Any miles you see quoted on the United website are irrelevant unless you are planning on booking your award travel using United miles. I'm pretty sure they charge 75k for a one way in business class...if you're seeing something else you're probably looking in the wrong place.

LifeMiles is the choice for one ways...but if you aren't signed up already its probably too late for the current promo they're running.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louie
Out of four computers I have tried using it on over at least a year, only one works - as with you, it just hangs on the others. I sent them two emails asking if I needed any particular software to make it work, but never got any answer. Still have no idea why it only works on that one machine.
Louie, I have just unplugged my modem and restarted it.
Awardtravelr is now working. I'm guessing it has something to do with a logged IP address.

Try unplugging your modem for a short time, you'll get a new IP address when it reconnects, see if that works for your other computers.......
Old Aug 5th 2013, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Just a heads up o availability - I tried to get flights from Rio to LHR and they found nothing! She kept saying that because they are leaving the star alliance their partners were cutting available award flights.

Literally nothing out of South America on TAP, TAM, etc!
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:08 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
JShe kept saying that because they are leaving the star alliance their partners were cutting available award flights.
This isn't actually true though...its just something some of them say...they say all sorts of things!
Old Aug 6th 2013, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

seawasp is an unknown quantity at this point

I booked my flight my award flights with United two days ago and I still haven't got a confirmation email, despite the reservation agent saying that they will send a confirmation email. My confirmation number is not working on the United reservation system.

I can't stomach to call them again. They are such a pain. First they lost my reservation, because it wasn't ticketed and now it seems that they haven't made the booking. Anyone else experienced this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.