Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by bcworld
Thanks for that, I just changed my seats so I'm sitting next to the wife on the long haul Bangkok to London.
I was looking forward to the 380 as well :-(
Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

swmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok supposed to be going to Singapore in 14 days for my 50th birthday.But it looks like I might have to cancel due emergency abdo surgery.How do I go about doing this .Use Insurance or try to get miles redeposited by Usairmiles.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 12:05 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swmbo63
Ok supposed to be going to Singapore in 14 days for my 50th birthday.But it looks like I might have to cancel due emergency abdo surgery.How do I go about doing this .Use Insurance or try to get miles redeposited by Usairmiles.
You call up US and cancel. For $150 pp they will redeposit the miles into your account. Although they seem to have a bit of habit of charging much less or charging nothing at all!

Your taxes will be refunded too.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

swmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond repute

You call up US and cancel. For $150 pp they will redeposit the miles into your account. Although they seem to have a bit of habit of charging much less or charging nothing at all!

Your taxes will be refunded too.

As usual you have been very helpful.Thank you again.
Mary
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

Hi everybody, does anybody think that it is worthwhile buying more miles, with the supposed changes, within US Airways, in the not to distant future
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 11:58 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesflorraine
Hi everybody, does anybody think that it is worthwhile buying more miles, with the supposed changes, within US Airways, in the not to distant future
Personally, I'm very confident that the miles will transfer over to AA 1:1...one of the CEOs is on the record as saying so.

I'm also very confident that I'll be able to redeem business seats in the program given the expanding list of OneWorld airlines (Malaysian seems to have great availability) and the other airlines which AA has agreements with, like Etihad.

What we don't necessarily know is what, if any, changes there will be to the AA award chart when the programs merge - it might be used as an excuse for devaluation.

What we do know is that AA doesn't have a history of running 100% promos over and over again. And that they have a purchase limit per year, which on a per person basis won't even get you a return flight to Europe in business.

So if you think you want to keep doing this I guess the advice is to stock up now but of course there are risks re program changes.

Me, I have 371k miles in my US account none of which are likely to get used before the change...so I'll be taking my chances with AA. Not sure if I will buy more.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

We have 3 accounts but only one of us (me) got the 100% offer this time. Does anyone else see any rhyme or reason as to who got the offer? When we buy miles we usually buy for all 3 accounts at the same time.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 4:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Lisa and Martin
We have 3 accounts but only one of us (me) got the 100% offer this time. Does anyone else see any rhyme or reason as to who got the offer? When we buy miles we usually buy for all 3 accounts at the same time.
I wouldn't go looking for rhyme or reason!

Some news for BNE peeps...Thai has now scheduled their new 777-300ER on BNE from mid Feb next year. Has the same full lie flat beds in business as the A380. No first.

Given that it's TG I'm hoping they have a change of heart and send it to MEL instead!
Old Jul 8th 2013, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

Looking at this 100% offer again, it would seem I can buy for myself and get the bonus miles, but also buy and get bonus miles for anyone else in the family I buy for:

The maximum number of Buy and Gift Bonus miles that can be received by one member for this offer is 50,000 bonus miles. For Gift purchases, bonus will be awarded to the recipient. All miles purchased beyond this limit will not be eligible for a bonus

I'm not being dumb and missing something here am I? Price seems to be exactly the same? Has anyone else purchased like this?
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa and Martin
I'm not being dumb and missing something here am I? Price seems to be exactly the same? Has anyone else purchased like this?
Spot on. Several people on Flyertalk have already tested this out.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all. I've just booked flights for my in-law's bridesmaid to make a surprise appearance at their diamond wedding anniversary lunch in September . First class on Thai too!

She'll need to fly ADL - SYD to connect with the flights, not sure which airline yet. How long should we allow between arriving from ADL and leaving for BKK (and vice versa)?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
She'll need to fly ADL - SYD to connect with the flights, not sure which airline yet. How long should we allow between arriving from ADL and leaving for BKK (and vice versa)?
Connecting between domestic and international at Sydney is not a good experience. You need to get a shuttle bus between the terminals... and pay for that trip too.

Here's a link for terminal transfers on the airport website.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 10:26 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by louie
Hi all. I've just booked flights for my in-law's bridesmaid to make a surprise appearance at their diamond wedding anniversary lunch in September . First class on Thai too!

Which TG flight? Morning or afternoon?
Old Jul 10th 2013, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Which TG flight? Morning or afternoon?
Leaving afternoon, returning morning. Chosen so she doesn't need to overnight in Sydney either way.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

If the UK is your final destination is it any cheaper (taxes and fees) to fly via mainland Europe? Thinking of flying 1st.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.